lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Mmh, but, the journalist based her article on what she heard. Maybe she only heard 11 songs. And Lana kept some secret. I don't know... 11 songs is legit. But, I don't know... maybe it's 11 songs without the bonus etc. (i'm so optimistic) 

But why does it NEED to be longer?

If the album is 11 songs because thats what works as an entire album, then it should be 11 songs. Why fill it with a huge track listing just because?

I love BTD, but i do tend to find it a little over long when all 15 songs are played.

I don't want some Xtina Aguilera mess filler album x.

Mmh, but, the journalist based her article on what she heard. Maybe she only heard 11 songs. And Lana kept some secret. I don't know... 11 songs is legit. But, I don't know... maybe it's 11 songs without the bonus etc. (i'm so optimistic)

I know this is just wishful thinking on your part but thank you, you have given me a dim ray of hope for the next few weeks until the record comes out.

:pray:

But why does it NEED to be longer?

If the album is 11 songs because thats what works as an entire album, then it should be 11 songs. Why fill it with a huge track listing just because?

I love BTD, but i do tend to find it a little over long when all 15 songs are played.

I don't want some Xtina Aguilera mess filler album x.

Well I was just trusting queen lana to be able to make 12-17 songs of a coherently high quality, it's sad how little faith you have.

:hdu:

:blanche:

FOAR SHAME!

So, we have "West Coast', "Cruel World", "Money, Power and Glory," and possibly "Black Beauty."

My expectations are incredibly high for this album. This really has the potential to be a huge breakthrough with critics and the Grammys. It should also continue the commercial success she experienced with BTD, if WC's sales are any indication of public interest.

I am wondering if she started to record and work on this record with other people before she met Dan and decided to let him produce it. There were pictures of her and Emile, he most likely will produce at least one song on the album and I can't imagine Dan Heath not making the record.

As much as I love West Coast, I was hoping to hear more than 10 other tracks on the record, maybe just 2 or 3 more. I really can not imagine myself how the record will sound like, most likely there will be tempo-changes in there, which I think is a good thing.

I haven't forgot about the time when Mike Will Made it (23) posted on Instagram (about feb 2012) with a photo of him and lana and it said something like 'stay tuned #we're working ' so I think that's where some of the songs on UV will come from! Including money, power and glory! What he said made it sound like they intend to release what they worked on. http://www.complex.com/music/2013/02/mike-will-made-it-and-lana-del-rey-are-working-together

... I'm thinking about something. Vinyls tend to be more around 8-12 soundtracks. Maybe she wants a shorter album. Having more than 12 songs is kind a new thing. Am I wrong ? 11 or more songs in Ultraviolence, I'm gonna buy it the first day ! I'm so curious. :)

BTD has 12 songs.

So I don't see what the problem is.

Paradise has even fewer.

Yes, but Paradise was both an EP and a rerelease.

BTD may have 15 with the bonus, but we still don't know if we're getting a deluxe version of Ultraviolence

I am wondering if she started to record and work on this record with other people before she met Dan and decided to let him produce it. There were pictures of her and Emile, he most likely will produce at least one song on the album and I can't imagine Dan Heath not making the record.

As much as I love West Coast, I was hoping to hear more than 10 other tracks on the record, maybe just 2 or 3 more. I really can not imagine myself how the record will sound like, most likely there will be tempo-changes in there, which I think is a good thing.

I'm thinking she probably did the songwriting with the usual names, some of which are kinda confirmed: Emile, Dan Heath, Rick Nowels, Tim Larcombe. Perhaps she was dissatisfied with their attempts at stripped, rock-oriented production like she envisioned, so she took most of the production to someone more qualified, Dan A. Like how most of BTD's songs weren't written with Emile Haynie, but she brought him in for a full execution of her vision.

the more interviews with lana i read, the more i want for her to be, like... i don't know, peaceful?

she comes off as not such, so easily -- but then she claims that she is, and i recognize that complacency so well...

ugh lanz let me love u

It seems like during her concerts and connecting with her fans, she's having the time of her life but when she does interviews and media shit, she seems distant and uninterested.

tumblr_nir4q4a8RT1u4ss0ao1_500.png

It seems like during her concerts and connecting with her fans, she's having the time of her life but when she does interviews and media shit, she seems distant and uninterested.

she's a touring artist, to be sure. i just wish the other bits of her career won't drive her to end it.

rihKQ8M.gif

Gonna laugh if is only 11 tracks because that's one more irony coming from miss Del 300 leaks. I mean common talk about excessive material. Gonna laugh if is 15 or 16 because we discussed this subject out of nothing and for nothing. In the end I will laugh so it's all good for me. 

ps: how weird is the fact no one here speaks good french? 

paying people $2 to buy your $1 song on Itunes isn't making money, lol

invest that money in learning how to sing without sounding like a wailing cat and maybe you won't have to buy youtube views and comments!

hummm....that was funny but also kind of mean

Life is like a wash machine, shakes, blows and goes around a lot. Maybe the dying cat of today will be the next crowd favorite of tomorrow, who knows? And besides that you (or anyone) should laugh at one's dreams maybe it's all they have

glgcDdT.gif

It says 11 new songs, but maybe she threw in a few leaks and/or covers. Wishful thinking. Haha. 

I hope you're right!  ;)

11 brand new songs plus some new versions of Black Beauty and Kill Kill for example would be great!!

Hoping its 11 "new songs" + West Coast, Black Beauty, Kill Kill, Bang Bang cover, Mermaid Motel, Angels Forever

I'm not here for ANY covers or previously unreleased material if it is only 11 tracks in whole