lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

This board is like a bizarre version of Rapture Ready.

. . .

Born to Die: Lana Del Jesus is initially welcomed as the Queen of Hipsters before being thoughtlessly crucified by her hipster brethren for violating their arcane purity laws

Paradise: Eucharist (Cola), Harrowing of Hell (Land of Gods & Monsters) and Resurrection (Bel Air)

Paradise Tour: Apostolic age of preaching to the Gentiles in foreign lands ("No prophet is accepted in his own country")

Ultraviolence: Second coming in wrath and bloodshed with weeping and gnashing of teeth

What is the situation of UV right now?

1. WEST COAST is out and had a great surge online that blasted the song to no.17 on HOT100, with mainly favorable reviews.

The good: The first week performance underlines the great hit potential of the song in my view.

The bad: INTERSCOPE didn't pushed the song to radio, at least to alternative and rock stations, which is ridiculous. The song it’s dying slowly (because it seems that the song it’s liked even by people who otherwise are not that much into Lana). There’s no video and even if the video is coming out soon, if it’s nothing short of spectacular will not revive WC sales in The US without airplay. They delayed the iTunes debut on two major markets (UK and Germany) which will result in subpar sales and charting. Watch Gods and Monsters chart higher than WC in UK :creep: . I don’t want to dwell on the changes of the song on iTunes because it was already discussed. Economically, instead of selling 6-8 mil singles WW she will around sell 1-1,5 mil.

2. THE TOUR: it seems a hastily arranged affair, they grabbed from the street another member (who is that new guy?). It’s obvious from the recorded videos that they didn’t put too much effort into it. What I suspect is that this “tour” is controlled by people who are not necessarily from Interscope but some wise guys like Ben Mawson :burn: (I hate that guy) .

The good: the tour sold out, she’s adored by many fans and she’s more confident about her shows (she had some very sexy moves at Coachella :defeated:), WC sounded great live

The bad: the reviews are mixed (there are some very nasty reviews mostly written by people who didn't like her persona and music before). What is more problematic for her is that the non-hardcore fans are somewhat disillusioned by her attitude (she’s late, the show is to short, no encore, no opening act, she interact mainly with the front row, poor stage presence, sound problems etc.) and this could affect her perception as an artist in the US (there is a strong perception that she’s not a good live performer).

3. UV promotion: I don’t even want to respond to those who are not taking seriously the promotion part of an album. She’s not a superstar in the US, after the 2012 backlash her only chance for a breakthrough in the US is a great reception commercially and critically for UV. Some random billboards without her name on it will not do it, she has to do interviews on radio, on TV, in magazines mainly to stop people making up things about her. She’s a humble, sweet person and people have to know the way she is.

The good: there is nothing good in not doing promotion for your album and hits.

The bad: people will use the same old references towards her in the reviews, she will not change the perception of her in the US. Instead of selling 4 mil. albums in the US she will repeat the BTD era selling slowly towards 1 mil. in 2 years.

4. And there are some rumors about songs on UV (CW it's an intro or a song?) and about the overall feel and sound of the album (there will be songs like BJ and DP, I hope not :fabcat: )

I hope that they will do something abot WC and UV because there is little time left. But this is their game, we can only watch

1. WEST COAST is out and had a great surge online that blasted the song to no.17 on HOT100, with mainly favorable reviews.

The good: The first week performance underlines the great hit potential of the song in my view.

The bad: INTERSCOPE didn't pushed the song to radio, at least to alternative and rock stations, which is ridiculous. The song it’s dying slowly (because it seems that the song it’s liked even by people who otherwise are not that much into Lana). There’s no video and even if the video is coming out soon, if it’s nothing short of spectacular will not revive WC sales in The US without airplay. They delayed the iTunes debut on two major markets (UK and Germany) which will result in subpar sales and charting. Watch Gods and Monsters chart higher than WC in UK :creep: . I don’t want to dwell on the changes of the song on iTunes because it was already discussed. Economically, instead of selling 6-8 mil singles WW she will around sell 1-1,5 mil.

2. THE TOUR: it seems a hastily arranged affair, they grabbed from the street another member (who is that new guy?). It’s obvious from the recorded videos that they didn’t put too much effort into it. What I suspect is that this “tour” is controlled by people who are not necessarily from Interscope but some wise guys like Ben Mawson :burn: (I hate that guy) .

The good: the tour sold out, she’s adored by many fans and she’s more confident about her shows (she had some very sexy moves at Coachella :defeated:), WC sounded great live

The bad: the reviews are mixed (there are some very nasty reviews mostly written by people who didn't like her persona and music before). What is more problematic for her is that the non-hardcore fans are somewhat disillusioned by her attitude (she’s late, the show is to short, no encore, no opening act, she interact mainly with the front row, poor stage presence, sound problems etc.) and this could affect her perception as an artist in the US (there is a strong perception that she’s not a good live performer).

3. UV promotion: I don’t even want to respond to those who are not taking seriously the promotion part of an album. She’s not a superstar in the US, after the 2012 backlash her only chance for a breakthrough in the US is a great reception commercially and critically for UV. Some random billboards without her name on it will not do it, she has to do interviews on radio, on TV, in magazines mainly to stop people making up things about her. She’s a humble, sweet person and people have to know the way she is.

The bad: people will use the same old references towards her in the reviews, she will not change the perception of her in the US. Instead of selling 4 mil. albums in the US she will repeat the BTD era selling slowly towards 1 mil. in 2 years.

4. And there are some rumors about songs on UV (CW it's an intro or a song?) and about the overall feel and sound of the album (there will be songs like BJ and DP, I hope not :fabcat: )

I hope that they will do something abot WC and UV because there is little time left. But this is their game, we can only watch

I doubt she will do Tv promoting, she hates it and I don't blame her, if she really ends up doing it i doubt she'll fail anyway cause WC is an "easy song". Stop being so obsessed with fame, isn't it obvious she doesn't want that?

Also I think we will probably get the release date along with the WC video, and later we'll get snippets of the songs just like we did with BTD and Paradise. Just wait for it...

I doubt she will do Tv promoting, she hates it and I don't blame her, if she really ends up doing it i doubt she'll fail anyway cause WC is an "easy song". Stop being so obsessed with fame, isn't it obvious she doesn't want that?

Also I think we will probably get the release date along with the WC video, and later we'll get snippets of the songs just like we did with BTD and Paradise. Just wait for it...

It's not obvious at all. I'm not obsessed with fame but with professionalism yes.

It's not obvious at all. I'm not obsessed with fame but with professionalism yes.

I think she truly does it for her passion for her art and for her fans, she's always so sincere when she's greeting them. I think it's pretty obvious she wants nothing to do with "mainstream media" as in award shows, TV performances, etc, she did those during the Born To Die album phase because she was a pretty new artist at that time and had to get out there somehow, you know?

I don't think it's right for us fans to tell her what to do or how to do/manage things, especially when I really don't see a problem with how she's promoting Ultraviolence. She's doing a bunch of festivals and shows, which I actually think she likes to do, and I guess this is her taking the Paradise tour to the US (a lot of people were complaining about this, and now that she's finally doing it people are still complaining about it, I don't get it). Being professional =/= wanting to be #1, be more liked and famous, make more money. I do agree that it got messy post-single release but I doubt that has anything to do with Lana.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Born to Die: Lana Del Jesus is initially welcomed as the Queen of Hipsters before being thoughtlessly crucified by her hipster brethren for violating their arcane purity laws

Paradise: Eucharist (Cola), Harrowing of Hell (Land of Gods & Monsters) and Resurrection (Bel Air)

Paradise Tour: Apostolic age of preaching to the Gentiles in foreign lands ("No prophet is accepted in his own country")

Ultraviolence: Second coming in wrath and bloodshed with weeping and gnashing of teeth

SNL performance: Lana Del Jesus stumbles while bearing the cross. :legend:  

Watching all our friends fall in and out of Old Paul's, this is my idea of fun

:clap3:

Yass, and don't forget the pre order mess in the UK.

The first hype of pre orders got the song inside the top 40.

But Interscope is dumb for removing the song, The pre orders are gone and the new one can't even crack the top 200

West Coast was meant to be a sure FIRE #1 hit in the UK but unfortunately that wont be happening now.

Poor Lana.

tumblr_inline_msfcqf8sbw1qz4rgp.gif

oh well, we still got the music. 

Please tell me I'm not the only one who doesn't give a shit about how Lana promotes UV or how WC does on the charts... As long as we get new music, I'm more than happy.

I think she truly does it for her passion for her art and for her fans, she's always so sincere when she's greeting them. I think it's pretty obvious she wants nothing to do with "mainstream media" as in award shows, TV performances, etc, she did those during the Born To Die album phase because she was a pretty new artist at that time and had to get out there somehow, you know?

I don't think it's right for us fans to tell her what to do or how to do/manage things, especially when I really don't see a problem with how she's promoting Ultraviolence. She's doing a bunch of festivals and shows, which I actually think she likes to do, and I guess this is her taking the Paradise tour to the US (a lot of people were complaining about this, and now that she's finally doing it people are still complaining about it, I don't get it). Being professional =/= wanting to be #1, be more liked and famous, make more money. I do agree that it got messy post-single release but I doubt that has anything to do with Lana.

She's not perceived as an non-commercial artist (like Fiona Apple for example) and she did a lot of things towards being perceived more mainstream (her magazine covers, The Great Gatsby). I have a feeling that she doesn't have the option to be an (more mainstream) indie artist because she's really hated by the taste-makers who didn't take her art seriously and by many so called quality artists also. She sad that she has no friends and I think she's referring to people in the music business who just didn't like her.

She craves recognition and it's justified in my opinion but she cannot obtained it without success. It's not a nice thing to say but nonetheless is true that you are liked more when you are successful.

She's not perceived as an non-commercial artist (like Fiona Apple for example) and she did a lot of things towards being perceived more mainstream (her magazine covers, The Great Gatsby). I have a feeling that she doesn't have the option to be an (more mainstream) indie artist because she's really hated by the taste-makers who didn't take  her art seriously and by many so called quality artists also. She sad that she has no friends and I think she's referring to people in the music business who just didn't like her.

Exactly, which is why I think she's not doing 'huge' things this time around. Lana is undoubtedly mainstream-alternative, but I think with Ultraviolence she's trying to get people to take her seriously.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Perfectly said. Pretty much everything.

So, she is doing tracklisting now and she has too many songs..OMG Lana don't you learn they will leak anyway! Just put them all out, maybe a deluxe edition with like, 30 tracks? :brows: :grinds:

I'm happy that she was lying about her muse not coming to her anymore. Thank god, I need lots of songs by her in my life

Please tell me I'm not the only one who doesn't give a shit about how Lana promotes UV or how WC does on the charts... As long as we get new music, I'm more than happy.

If she doesn't perform well, Interscope will drop her sooner or later.

Is that what you want? Because I don't.... :poordat:

So, she is doing tracklisting now and she has too many songs..OMG Lana don't you learn they will leak anyway! Just put them all out, maybe a deluxe edition with like, 30 tracks? :brows: :grinds:

I'm happy that she was lying about her muse not coming to her anymore. Thank god, I need lots of songs by her in my life

If she doesn't perform well, Interscope will drop her sooner or later.

Is that what you want? Because I don't.... :poordat:

Wait what track-list? WHAT'S HAPPENING???!!!