lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

didn't she say the new record was going to be stripped-back and spiritual? ultraviolence sounds more like an electronic album to me. idk maybe it's a concept album accompanying a clockwork orange but if it isn't, referencing a movie wouldn't rly make sense if it has nothing to do with it. and is pregnant/engaged/married or not?

Well, that was a long time ago and she writes a lot, so her ideas could have changed...but then again, maybe she interprets the word in her own unique way and when the album comes out it will make sense.

Oh god I'm so happy.  :icant:  The album title doesn't sound stripped down and spiritual tough. The title makes me think about songs like Hundred Dollar Bill, Velvet Crowbar etc. I'm so exited.  :party: 

yesssssssss!!!!! :gclap: :legend: :thankyou: :come2: :holla: :pray2: :crying4: :crying5: :dance: :justride:

Can't wait for a new album cover.

I hope it'll be different to the 'center portrait, text top and bottom' style we're so accustomed to.

In terms of the tracklist, I don't think 'Ultraviolence' will be a title track. To me, it sounds more like a theme for the album rather than a song. Similar to how 'Paradise' didn't have a title track. I hope Black Beauty will still be on the album even though it leaked. I really love this version we have, but I will be open to change/improvement for the final album. I like the electronic demo-y sound but I think it would sound very beautiful if it were fully orchestrated like AFFA.

I can see a track called Ultraviolence leaking but doesn't have anything to do with the album since Lana has such strong motifs that run through her work. Like the Paradise track.

giffix-1.gif

Maybe stop trying to tell us what the album is going to sound like based on a fucking title, guys. Thanks! 

Either way, this is exciting, and Tropico was very cool. 

If there is more than one rehash of a song we've already heard, i will be so ticked. It's just lazy to be honest.

This is downright offensive and quite frankly incorrect. How is it lazy? What % of people who like Lana Del Rey have heard all these leaked songs? Probably 5-10 at most. Only the die-hards actively seek out every little leak and song she's gotten her hands on. Why should she be expected to NOT put out songs she loves just because YOU'VE heard it before? It's so selfish on your part to think otherwise. 

If there is more than one rehash of a song we've already heard, i will be so ticked. It's just lazy to be honest.

Really? An artist with hundreds of songs out there is lazy?

Kill Kill with loon pls.

no_meme_rage_face_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

If that ever happens, you'll see what ultraviolence really is. Let me fix that for you:

Kill Kill with the loon pls.

I hope she has a song on the new album that incorparates elemets of the Clockwork Orange theme! :pray2:

Moog synthesizers? That would be real horrorshow.

yeah. It's a collab with @@evilentity

I'm sure Lana has an account on this site! And @@evilentity inspired her  :popcorn:

Ha, how insane would that be? Can you even imagine? I think the universe would fold in on itself and implode. Prepare for Lanalysis to go meta in 3...2...1...

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Remastered Pawn Shop Blues with one loon call a second, hip hop beats and the Mary Jane sample played throughout the song please.

When I *SAY!* pawned the earrings *SAY!* that you gave me *SAY!* *hip-hop beats* :hair:

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

Maybe stop trying to tell us what the album is going to sound like based on a fucking title, guys. Thanks!

Either way, this is exciting, and Tropico was very cool.

This is downright offensive and quite frankly incorrect. How is it lazy? What % of people who like Lana Del Rey have heard all these leaked songs? Probably 5-10 at most. Only the die-hards actively seek out every little leak and song she's gotten her hands on. Why should she be expected to NOT put out songs she loves just because YOU'VE heard it before? It's so selfish on your part to think otherwise.

It was a general comment, don't blow it out of proportion. Did I consider people outside the die hards? Frankly, no, I didn't. My mistake. No need to get that offended.

Remastered Pawn Shop Blues with one loon call a second, hip hop beats and the Mary Jane sample played throughout the song please.

When I *SAY!* pawned the earrings *SAY!* that you gave me *SAY!* *hip-hop beats* :hair:

Loool I can actually hear this playing in my head right now. It is as terrible as it's hilarious!

i really like the title. i hope it features some songs along the vein of off to the races but i doubt it.

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

It was a general comment, don't blow it out of proportion. Did I consider people outside the die hards? Frankly, no, I didn't. My mistake. No need to get that offended.

Frankly this retort doesn't make sense. So she's lazy to some people (us) but not to others? What are you talking about? 

Waits for ppl here to be disappointed in the album after hyping it for 7 months tbh.

I just had the same thought. I'm trying to keep my expectations quite low at the moment. Otherwise I'm sure I'm gonna be disappointed. Not because the album won't be good but I know myself and my expectations are always way too high. :facepalm:

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif