Manueldelrey

Lana Del Rey Nominated for 2 Grammys!

r u shading me i can't tell

Maybe a little for the anti-Grammy persistence but not for Taylor dw :fabcat:

foreword: long preachy post blahblahblah

it makes me so sad to live in this world where ones right to an opinion outweighs being a good person. the fact that this has transcended the internet makes me even sadder tbh. growing up with a cohort of girls, who honestly believed their physical appearance would define their success in life, left me witness to many a young woman verbally beat down for not fitting the conventional standard of beauty. much of this verbal abuse was even much more subtle then what i read here, but still i saw cracks in their smiles and the pack thriving on an injured player. imagine if lorde read this thread. imagine if she saw a group of mostly intelligent people saying the meanest things about her she can think of. does this make you feel good? is this the kind of validation women need now? can we only survive as a gender if we tear each other down? the patriarchal structure used to force women to believe they are only worth what men think they are worth. I think that has morphed into something uglier now though, and instead we derive our value from the opinions of other women. i find it so hard to live like this and every day i understand less and less about peoples motivations. love each other. don't be that person they're expecting you to be.

I have nothing to add to this beauty except

"Lorde knows nothing about feminism, she needs to grow up." - This thread

"Lorde is hideous and shouldn't speak her mind, she needs to grow up." - This thread

:uh:

also, i can never imagine @@SitarHero actually being angry and/or like taking things too seriously on the internet, i always think hes dancing and singing (with no sound, thanks tinychat) and then just pauses for a few seconds to type, then dances again because that is literally all he did the three times he cammed on tc while i was there

:omfg:

Mostly true.

The only thing that's ugly here are these comments. (And my subject-verb disagreement in the previous sentence.) Vile. Misogynist even.

Oh yeah?

Now I know what you're going to say 'cause you've already said it:

But I think you're being disingenuous when you say that.

Yeah, I know some of you commenting are also children, figuratively if not literally, but there's just something unseemly about a barely 17-year-old girl being subjected to so much criticism about her appearance. :smh:

Agree with this 100%. Her face is unusual-- she's not conventionally pretty-- but I think she's very pretty nonetheless. And I mean that in the most non-creepy way a 32-year-old married man can say that about a girl scarcely older than half his age. :creep:

What was this thread about again? Oh, right. Grammy said she'll leave the lights on for me.

she looks like Sid and that is a fact ;) . It's not offensive tbh since Sid is super cute in his own way. Would be another thing if I said she looked like slot  from the Goonies. You're right that commenting on her appearence is not the nicest thing in the world but I don't think nothing vile or character offensive was mentioned here so people whine too much tbh. ABout her being only 17 ....well I don't think people here, in general, are a lot older than her tbh and she is not a child.Oh the drama. 

glgcDdT.gif

The mob mentality here is not your best example of a world of diversity pffffffffffft

Sloth comparisons are many things but not a breath of fresh air. Please, someone engage me in debate that isn't ridiculous or offensive. It's not about agreeing with me, but rather human decency...

But thank you, let's not make me a lightning rod for Lorde critique just because she's in my set, I'm obviously excited for Lana. Whether or not the award means anything cosmically, it would definitely mean a lot to her. She's not far along enough to be beyond validation (a la Lily Allen and @@lola lel)

#SwiftieProbz #Intersectionality

I'll accept blame, no one misspells "fuck" at me :oprah:

says the passive-aggressive member that always have snarky comments for anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with him... :hooker:

glgcDdT.gif

says the passive-aggressive member that always have snarky comments for anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with him... :hooker:

But remember that this a public forum, Antonia, and we can share opinions? Don't tell me to shut the fuk up

I'm wondering what else you expect me to say to opinions that differ from mine...We're creating a dialogue and not just talking into space. Well maybe you are

But remember that this a public forum, Antonia, and we can share opinions? Don't tell me to shut the fuk up

I'm wondering what else you expect me to say to opinions that differ from mine...We're creating a dialogue and not just talking into space. Well maybe you are

:lmao: Don't even try tbh. You tell people to shut up not me @@SitarHero I never said that as you and anyone else can see LOL. You're now creating things up??

If you make a cohesive thought and TALK to people instead of making pointless snarky comments just for the sake of it you would get better answers and people would feel more attracted to actually interact with you. Interaction and conversation is a exchange of opinions and thoughts not a monologue where a person, you in this case, points out his opinion like he is the king and the I know it all.

Beauty, music, tone and so and so is taste and people have different opinions, views, angles about the same subject/person. Learn that and you will exchange, give and learn and not just attack people for the sake of it.I am not talking to space Sitar I am just disagreeing with you because I don't really like HOW you express your thoughts.Like this "don't tell me to shut the fuk up" when I didn't even mentioned nothing close to that or saying I am throwing words to space..

Ignore me from now on and I will do the same with you. :D

glgcDdT.gif

:lmao: Don't even try tbh. You tell people to shut up not me @@SitarHero I never said that as you and anyone else can see LOL. You're now creating things up??

If you make a cohesive thought and TALK to people instead of making pointless snarky comments just for the sake of it you would get better answers and people would feel more attracted to actually interact with you. Interaction and conversation is a exchange of opinions and thoughts not a monologue where a person, you in this case, points out his opinion like he is the king and the I know it all.

Beauty, music, tone and so and so is taste and people have different opinions, views, angles about the same subject/person. Learn that and you will exchange, give and learn and not just attack people for the sake of it.I am not talking to space Sitar I am just disagreeing with you because I don't really like HOW you express your thoughts.Like this "don't tell me to shut the fuk up" when I didn't even mentioned nothing close to that or saying I am throwing words to space..

Ignore me from now on and I will do the same with you. :D

Shut the fuk up

I was disgusted at some of the violent comments here as well as people poking fun at Lorde's face. That is not cool. Yes, her eyes are far apart; you don't have to compare her to a cartoon character or repeatedly call her ugly. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. You don't have to find her pretty (I don't) but some of the sentiments here kind of shocked me.

I have nothing to add to this beauty except

"Lorde is hideous and shouldn't speak her mind, she needs to grow up." - This thread

I don't understand what's wrong with the Lorde & feminism thread? Nothing she's said indicates that she has more than a shallow understanding of feminism. That's normal. Yes, there are teenagers who are familiar with the tenets of modern feminism and have an understanding of it that's more intricate than what she's shown. As intricate as an adult's? Of course not, they don't have the life experience to have that nuanced understanding. But they have some "book knowledge" at least. Lorde's mother has said she was reading Kurt Vonnegut at age 12 and Lorde is often praised for her intelligence, so I don't see anything wrong with pointing out that what she's said so far about feminism isn't novel or shows an unusual understanding for her age. It's one thing that's at odds with her image of child "prodigy" (once again, I disagree with that phrasing, but that's another topic for another time), not an attack on her character or intelligence.

I will say that that topic contained a lot of hostility towards Lorde, including on my part, and I don't think she deserved it. It's clear that she's one of those people that inspires great love or great hatred and since she's been pitted against Lana and has said a couple of unfavorable things about her, it seems that great hatred has blossomed here. When discussing her, it's important to honestly look at one's position and think "how much is my conclusion influenced by my feelings about Lorde? Is my conclusion at odds with the evidence available?" It's definitely difficult to do (some sources would say it's impossible, even when one is aware of one's own biases). But I think it is possible to discuss Lorde's statements and her music without devolving into blind praise or blind hatred. Unfortunately, it's too easy to ruin the balance and inspire feelings of fanaticism on all sides.

Also Lana please win a grammy  :defeated:

I don't understand what's wrong with the Lorde & feminism thread?

Here's what's wrong:

The idea being that both of these perspectives are contradictory because the second one is decidedly anti-feminist

Here's what's wrong:

The idea being that both of these perspectives are contradictory because the second one is decidedly anti-feminist

Ah, I get it now. Yeah, "Lorde is ugly and should shut her mouth" isn't something I'd expect from a feminist. Or any decent person, really.

Yes, her eyes are far apart

What's the whole thing with her eyes being too far apart? I don't think they are. But to be honest I find people with really close set eyes creepy so I guess it's just a weird personal opinion. And I don't think she has said anything really nasty about anyone either, she is allowed to have opinions just like everybody else does.

rob-grant-280x348.jpg

Never Trust a man whose eyes are close together

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

I''m so surprised Lana is attending!

Can't wait to see what she wears, and PLEASE, spill that info about Ultraviolence on the red carpet when they interview you!  :defeated:  (They will probably ask her about Once Upon a Dream tho) But..it could be both :teehee:

i wish I lived in the Us just so I could watch it live lol

I watched a live stream last year but I was awake until 4:30, the same will happen this year so ill have to watch it after  :defeated:

and my phone is out of battery and my charger broke so I cant even check on tumblr etc tonight for pics of Lana RIP

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Is there a live stream of the actual awards and not just backstage stuff?

there's 4 different streams u can choose on the site

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.