lflflflflflflflflflf

[VOTE] Lanaboard's 'Lana Del Rey Ultimate Song Ranking 2013'

2013 is almost over (wow that was quick!) so now, it's time for the annual...

POSTER1bcf1.png
(Poster by @@Ultraviolence)

LANABOARDS ULTIMATE SONG RANKING 2013

It’s almost the end of the year and Lana’s song library has surpassed 200 tracks. Every year, Lanaboards holds an event when we, the members, vote for our favourite songs and then the results (The Top 100) are slowly published on New Year’s Eve/Day.

Last year, Ride, Yayo and Blue Jeans took the top spots but with the influx of new many leaks and unreleased songs this year, anything can happen in the Top 10. This is a great way to get involved in the community and to discuss Lana’s many songs. If you’re not a member of the forum yet, join this growing community and vote for your favourite songs today!

:party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party: 

The Rules:

• Only Lanaboards members can vote (signing up is easy!)
  • You may vote +up 20 tracks and vote -down 5 tracks (for a total of 25.)
  • Only votes via PM will be counted, please do not post your votes in this thread. But feel free to discuss.
  • Please do not vote for remixes; they will not be counted (not even Summertime Sadness CG Remix).
  • Live performances of one off songs are okay to vote for*.
  • You can vote for demos but please do not vote for multiple versions of the same song** (exceptions apply***.)

Voting period:

• Voting starts December 11th 2013
  • Voting ends December 30th 2013.

Reveal:

• Results will be posted in a 100th to 1st countdown format some time between December 31st 2013 and January 1st 2014.
  • While the counting is happening, members are encouraged to participate in a group discussion about the songs and their ranking.
  • While the Top 100 songs are being revealed, I will reveal one of the Flop 10 songs after every ten is revealed; revealing the best and worst at the end of the countdown.
  • Songs in 100th to 11th place will have a banner made by @@Ultraviolence.
  • Songs in 10th to 1st place will have a typographical poster made by @@Rebel.
  • This thread will be locked after the deadline, and the countdown will happen in a different thread.

Participation:
Simply send me a private message with your song ranking by December 30th. There will be enough time to think about your list. Maybe you could consider listening to a few unreleased songs that you are unfamiliar with or re-listen to AKA and Sirens until your ears bleed! Tell all of your friends about this and please encourage members to vote! The more people who participate, the more accurate and interesting the final results will be. Click here to see last year's results!

Fill this out with song titles and PM it to me.

[+20] SONG
[+19] SONG
[+18] SONG
[+17] SONG
[+16] SONG

[+15] SONG
[+14] SONG
[+13] SONG
[+12] SONG
[+11] SONG

[+10] SONG
[+09] SONG
[+08] SONG
[+07] SONG
[+06] SONG

[+05] SONG

[+04] SONG
[+03] SONG
[+02] SONG
[+01] SONG

[-01] SONG
[-02] SONG
[-03] SONG
[-05] SONG
[-10] SONG

:party:

What Not To Do:

Please do not vote for multiple versions of the same song:

[+20] LOLITA (DEMO 1)
[+19] LOLITA (DEMO 3)
[+18] LOLITA (DEMO 2)
[+17] LOLITA (ALBUM VERSION)
[+15] LOLITA (DEMO 4)
[+14] RIDE

This type of voting is not allowed.
It will skew the final results in favour of 'Lolita'.
Instead, consider voting like this:

[+20] LOLITA (DEMO 1)
[+19] RIDE

It gives more power to 2nd place and your top votes are still going to Lolita.
So please do not have more than one version of a song in your list.

Please do not give ambiguous answers:

[+20] YAYO
[+19] NATIONAL ANTHEM
[+18] /
[+17] /
[+15] /
[+14] /

Though it doesn't matter which version of a song you vote for (the votes are all compiled in the end), it is useful to know which version you are talking about.

For example, there are 4 versions of YAYO and 3 versions of NATIONAL ANTHEM. In the situation above, votes would be counted towards the most recent versions (the Paradise version of Yayo and the BTD version of National Anthem). In some cases, the demo version of a song will be more popular than the most recent version. Clarification is important:

[+20] YAYO (AKA VERSION)
[+19] NATIONAL ANTHEM (DEMO 1)
[+18] /

:party:

Notes:

*Live performances and covers that can be voted for are:

• Chelsea Hotel No. 2
  • Chet Baker
  • The End Of The World
  • Goodbye Kiss
  • Happiest Girl In The Whole USA
  • Happy Birthday Mr. President
  • Heart Shaped Box
  • Knocking On Heaven's Door
  • Pin Up Galore
  • Ten Dollar Ring
  • Summer Wine (ft. Barrie James O'Neill)

**Not eligible for voting:

• A remix (e.g. Blue Jeans ft. Azealia Banks)
  • An unleaked song (e.g. In The Sun)
  • Both a song and its demos (e.g. Born To Die/Born To Die Demo)
  • Both a song and its acapella (e.g. TV In Black And White/Living Without You)
  • Both a song and an alternate version (e.g. Hundred Dollar Bill V1/Hundred Dollar Bill V2)
  • Both a song and its instrumental (Ride/Ride Monologue Instrumental)
  • Lover's Fate (Alice BrightSky ft. Lizzy Grant)
  • Live My Life (TAMARAMA ft. Lizzy Grant)
  • Behind Closed Doors (Final)

***Multiple versions acceptable for double voting:

• Big Bad Wolf and Hot Hot Hot
  • I Was In A Bad Way and Daddy Issues
  • Heartshaped Chevrolet and On My Way
  • Every Man Gets His Wish, Hawaiian Tropic, and Daytona Meth
  • Votes for 'The Man I Love' will be merged with 'Trash (Magic) [Demo]'

Prizes:

Since it's the holiday season, every person who votes will be entered to the Lana Del Rey x Jack Daniel's shirt giveaway! A true original, since I designed the print myself. I have an abundance of them since I have been selling them for a long time and I think it would be a great way to persuade everyone to get involved.

If you want a chance to get one, be sure to vote soon! I will also make a mixtape CD of the Top 10 or 15 songs in the ranking and send it with the shirt. Keep it or give it to a friend, it's up to you!

:party:  :party:  :party:

HAPPY VOTING!
HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

tumblr_m9w584CV7X1rbx7wdo1_500.gif

Members voted: @Moy, @@Elle, @@Heaux, @, @@Kittren, @, @, @@Trinity, @@Creyk, @@Ultraviolence, @@lola, @, @@Rebel, @, @@Arzi, @@Tyler, @@PrettyBaby, @@Jack, @@FirstSpider, @@SitarHero, @@Poison Ivy, @@ConeyIslandQueen262, @@Honey, @, @@Stoop Kid, @@SparkleJumpRopeKing, @@Rafael, @, @, @@adoring-lana, @@rdp, @@Black Booty, @@demiannn, @, @@phahad, @@Cleopatra, @, @@LAman, @, @, @@PinUpGaloreLana, @@Leo, @@TrailerParkDarling, @, @@keanefar, @@vmbb, @@cartoon eyes, @@Januli, @@YUNGKALIMXEL, @, @@BenRH, @, @@maru, @

Total voters: 54

Umm...I know you said we shouldn't post, but I have a question, so I hope it's okay. (If it's not you can just delete the comment bby :poordat:)

So, each vote up means 1 point for the song, or does the ranking matter?

So my first choice gets 20 points, but the 16th only gets four? Do I have that right?

@@Creyk, Yes, that's how it works! Top song gets 20 points, 2nd gets 19th points etc.

@@Heaux, only the few odd people label demos differently to everyone else. There are plenty of pages here that discuss and rationalise how we label different demos. If you're afraid of mixing up songs, you can always be descriptive.

e.g. Making Out (Version 1) [Not autotuned version], or Driving In Cars With Boys [the one with the extra prechorus]. Or, like you said they could add a song length but that's completely up to them.

i didnt understand sorry im stupid. +20 means +20 points? so I'd put near it my favourite song? and -5 like the worst? and so on... right?

Yes it's like that :)

Guest Dot

[+20] SONG
[+19] SONG
[+18] SONG
[+17] SONG
[+16] SONG

[+15] SONG
[+14] SONG
[+13] SONG
[+12] SONG
[+11] SONG

[+10] SONG
[+09] SONG
[+08] SONG
[+07] SONG
[+06] SONG
[+05] SONG

[+04] SONG
[+03] SONG
[+02] SONG
[+01] SONG
[+01] SONG

[-01] SONG
[-02] SONG
[-03] SONG
[-05] SONG
[-10] SONG

Typo?

^Every vote counts! :)

13 voters in and a song has already surpassed 100 points!

:excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited: 

You should tease it by telling us the first letter of the song title

Is it O? B? R? :creepna:

Guest Dot

You should tease it by telling us the first letter of the song title

Is it O? B? R? :creepna:

Oh, believe me we are gonna tease you! Just, not yet... :yesnod: