Sign in to follow this  
TIARNZUS

Best Stan

Of all the awards I won, this is the one I feel is most undeserved. Under the literal definition (stalker fan) it may be apt due to all my sleuthing, but I don't engage in most behaviour I associate with being a stan, and frankly find a lot of typical stan behaviour bizarre. I don't own much Lana merch. I wasn't willing to pay exorbitant prices to buy a ticket to her House of Blues show on Stubhub. I wasn't willing to go to the stage Lana performed at during Lollapalooza early enough to be in the front because I wanted to see other acts. I'm not terribly interested in meeting Lana for the sake of meeting her (though I'd love to interview her :creep:). The idea of physically stalking her-- hanging around somewhere other than at an official appearance in the hopes of bumping into her-- seems really creepy to me. I'm not willing to be awful to anyone in the pursuit of new Lana material. I don't "fangirl" much over her latest releases or activities. I find the insistence that she engage her fans more on social media bizarre and cries for acknowledgement from her ("Pls follow me!") childish and disturbing. I'm often very critical of Lana and don't think everything she does is "flawless" or even necessarily that good. And despite all my sleuthing, I think there are limits on what should be posted and what should stay private. Winning this award really makes me ask the question:

What is a stan? How do you define a stan?

I think this could be an interesting discussion topic.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Under the literal definition (stalker fan)

I think that definition was made up after the term became popular, this is the origin of the word:

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.