Sign in to follow this  
CarcrashBandicoot

Lady Gaga stealing song ideads from Lana Del Rey!?!

Has anyone else noticed this? This may not be in the right place, I'm not sure, but I think so...

Incident #1)

Lana Del Rey's leaked song 'Teenage Wasteland/Prom Song (Gone Wrong)' said something in the lyrics that went like this: "You used to call yourself the Don and call me Queen Diana" most likely referring to Princess Diana.

Then, we hear a song by Lady Gaga called 'Princess Die,' obviously referring to Princess Diana.

Incident #2) 

Lana Del Rey's leaked track 'Marilyn Monroe (Puppy Love)' says explicitly "Like Marilyn Monroe..."

Lady Gaga RECENTLY released 'Do What U Want' but we hear R. Kelly singing "You're the Marilyn, I'm the president..."

Is this a coincidence? Does anyone else know of any more songs that seem to be ripping off the same exact themes Lana sigs about? What's next, a Gaga mention of Cleopatra, like Lana did? 

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

I think it's kind of like weird when Lana does something, no one can ever do it again because they're 'copying' Lana. Lana isn't the first one to come up with Marilyn Monroe lines and about Diana or about other celebrities. I'm slowly getting tired of people who compare everything Lana and Gaga have done in their career. No one is 100% original. And what if Gaga did copy Lana? They're just lyrics and the songs don't even look like each other.

A lot of singers uses marilyn monroe as reference, I mean, Madonna did it. And in the song "Dance In the Dark" GaGa says "You will never fall appart, Diana you're still in our hearts" (and the song where recorded before Lana became famous)
Both Marylin and Diana are female icons that are used in the pop culture, and both GaGa and Lana uses pop culture as reference.

A lot of singers uses marilyn monroe as reference, I mean, Madonna did it. And in the song "Dance In the Dark" GaGa says "You will never fall apart, Diana you're still in our hearts" (and the song where recorded before Lana became famous)

Both Marylin and Diana are female icons that are used in the pop culture, and both GaGa and Lana uses pop culture as reference.

Well, I mean, is she copying the same themes from Lana. Like, does Gaga mean to make some of the same references that Lana does, what with their past and shit...? Oh, and they both really tried stepping on the scene in 2005, but didn't make it till 2009/2012.

**P.S. to one of the other people who replied, we don't need smart ass comments everywhere. If you're going to be a smart ass, keep on scrolling through the other threads. Nobody asked for your bullshit. Have a nice day...

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

Well, I mean, is she copying the same themes from Lana. Like, does Gaga mean to make some of the same references that Lana does, what with their past and shit...? Oh, and they both really tried stepping on the scene in 2005, but didn't make it till 2009/2012.

**P.S. to one of the other people who replied, we don't need smart ass comments everywhere. If you're going to be a smart ass, keep on scrolling through the other threads. Nobody asked for your bullshit. Have a nice day...

I don't think so, I mean, a lot of another singers uses or have used marilyn and diana as reference in their looks or in their lyrics, it's nothing more than this, two girls using the same reference (a really common reference)

1) Princess Die wasn't about the Princess, hence the 'e' on the end.

2) R.Kelly wrote the verse he sings in Do What U Want 

*case closed*

A lot of singers uses marilyn monroe as reference, I mean, Madonna did it. And in the song "Dance In the Dark" GaGa says "You will never fall appart, Diana you're still in our hearts" (and the song where recorded before Lana became famous)

BMB3rn6.png

Lol, when I saw the title, I thought the thread would be a provocation like the one about Beyoncé.

I believe my opinion about using the same themes by one musician and then another has been already expressed by @@Freaky Rockshow .

And the wind I know it’s cold

Like already mentioned above, there are actually many artists who use Marilyn or Diana references, it isn't soemthing Lana came up with.

Has anyone else also noticed the change of style Gaga has been using? It changed drastically when Lana stepped on the scene.

Could you explain please ?

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

:awk:

:omfg2:  this guy is hilarious

lH7Zs6V.gif