Sucker

ionnalee [iamamiwhoami]

11 hours ago, sulli said:

bounty ate kin i fear

kin is my least favorite of the iam albums (even including be here soon at this point tbh)

everyone afraid to be forgotten is my overall least favorite though - it’s just messy and would benefit from a trimming and refining

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I feel it's pointless to compare cause every album was released at a different point of the revelation of their identities.

I think what made this project extremely magical was the intrigue behind the idea of "you don't need an identity/to be famous to create art" and ofc the clever idea of (which I'm not sure if it was premeditated or not) being associated with so many big names back then. People debating if it was xtina, or gaga, or goldfrapp, or bjork, etc etc was such good promo on its own.

bounty had that magic of them being completely and utterly unknown so that gave them boundless creative freedom.

kin came with all the expectations built after bounty+their identities revealed to some, so for me kin is their greatest work as of yet cause it had a LOT of pressure to be good, and it was not only good but incredible, having the songs follow one same unique dark electronic sound while every song still sounding incomparable to one another. In my opinion, it's the most cohesive of all the albums (not saying that's a good or bad thing) so as a body of work it's incredible.

BLUE had a lot of connection to the fans and kind of was a result of their direct support and input, and also it's hard to release a 3rd good album after 2 incredible albums+hype starting to die, identities fully revealed, etc.

KRONOLOGI was a really smart move, cause there wasn't any need of further work, it's a compilation of things that didn't fit here or there. I love artists who do these kind of releases, as I love artists who have their patreon where they release demos, unreleased and covers.
This album unfortunately is not having me head over heels yet, but I won't judge until the full thing has come out and I've fully took it in. Lyrically, all their albums are incredible. Musically, everyone will have their own preference. But there's no denying iamamiwhoami is a pure statement about making good art being fully in the hands of the artist.

9 hours ago, legend said:

I feel it's pointless to compare cause every album was released at a different point of the revelation of their identities.

I think what made this project extremely magical was the intrigue behind the idea of "you don't need an identity/to be famous to create art" and ofc the clever idea of (which I'm not sure if it was premeditated or not) being associated with so many big names back then. People debating if it was xtina, or gaga, or goldfrapp, or bjork, etc etc was such good promo on its own.

bounty had that magic of them being completely and utterly unknown so that gave them boundless creative freedom.

kin came with all the expectations built after bounty+their identities revealed to some, so for me kin is their greatest work as of yet cause it had a LOT of pressure to be good, and it was not only good but incredible, having the songs follow one same unique dark electronic sound while every song still sounding incomparable to one another. In my opinion, it's the most cohesive of all the albums (not saying that's a good or bad thing) so as a body of work it's incredible.

BLUE had a lot of connection to the fans and kind of was a result of their direct support and input, and also it's hard to release a 3rd good album after 2 incredible albums+hype starting to die, identities fully revealed, etc.

KRONOLOGI was a really smart move, cause there wasn't any need of further work, it's a compilation of things that didn't fit here or there. I love artists who do these kind of releases, as I love artists who have their patreon where they release demos, unreleased and covers.
This album unfortunately is not having me head over heels yet, but I won't judge until the full thing has come out and I've fully took it in. Lyrically, all their albums are incredible. Musically, everyone will have their own preference. But there's no denying iamamiwhoami is a pure statement about making good art being fully in the hands of the artist.

Couldn't agree more !  It pretty much sums up what I think.

I do love the music from this new project so far though. It seems that visually, it's not going to work as a cohesive piece. The previous ones worked as some kind of movie with one global storytelling. Here we're getting some kind of music videos collection. It's still nice, just not as impressive and immersive.

Well I’m really disappointed :trisha: not that I’m not fond of a more organic, folky sound, but some of the songs don’t make me feel anything. I was trying really hard to love this album but for some reason I just can’t. It’s between 5 or 6/10 to me 

Spoiler

The highlights: don’t wait for me, changes, thunder lighting, call my name and maybe walking on air

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Most disappointing album ever. Sorry not sorry, Jonna. 4.5/10

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

Congratulations on iamamiwhoami being responsible for creating the most boring album in the history of the human race and the Earths existence.

I played this utterly dull drivel once and never again. Horrendous. 

Same..I wondered wtf I was listening to

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

13 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

Congratulations on iamamiwhoami being responsible for creating the most boring album in the history of the human race and the Earths existence.

I played this utterly dull drivel once and never again. Horrendous. 

couldn't agree more. No streams from me, and then they have the nerve to be "saddened by the state of independent music" 

Yeah, no one wants to stream this crap for good reason. 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Honestly I really enjoyed this album. Much more than her ionnalee music. Nothing groundbreaking, but I love a good ballad, and it’s essentially an easy-listening album. 
Don’t wait for me, canyon, and a thousand years were my stand outs. 

Banks   Billie Eilish    Evanescence   Florence + the Machine

Grimes   Halsey   Lady Gaga   Lana Del Rey   Lights   Lorde   MARINA   

Melanie Martinez   Poppy   Purity Ring   Sky Ferreira   

3 hours ago, Thunder said:

couldn't agree more. No streams from me, and then they have the nerve to be "saddened by the state of independent music" 

Yeah, no one wants to stream this crap for good reason. 

Well honestly you're allowed to your own opinion but using words as crap is completely disrespectful. It is disrespectful for the artist who obsviously put their heart into their art. It is also disrespectful to people who enjoy the album. 

It is not against you Thunder. I just don't understand the amount of toxicness in here. Of course we're here to discussed. You can say you don't like something and elaborate, it's the point of a forum but saying things like that is definitely not constructive.

And please people don't make it a "my taste is better than yours" case.

Back on subject I'm personnaly really touched by the new music. It really speaks to me on a deep level. It is a spiritual experience. :oprah:

I wish Ionnalee and her new born child all the best and I'm eagerly waiting for the full visual to be released on her own time. 

ok it wasn't that bad lmao i mean remember the future was worse but yeah this doesn't come anywhere near to the level of quality she had as ionna or even the great everyone afraid to be forgotten 

5 hours ago, saith said:

Well honestly you're allowed to your own opinion but using words as crap is completely disrespectful. It is disrespectful for the artist who obsviously put their heart into their art. It is also disrespectful to people who enjoy the album. 

It is not against you Thunder. I just don't understand the amount of toxicness in here. Of course we're here to discussed. You can say you don't like something and elaborate, it's the point of a forum but saying things like that is definitely not constructive.

Back on subject I'm personnaly really touched by the new music. It really speaks to me on a deep level. It is a spiritual experience. :oprah:

I wish Ionnalee and her new born child all the best and I'm eagerly waiting for the full visual to be released on her own time. 

“You are allowed to have an opinion but only if it’s expressed the way i like”…

The short version of that post  :true:

5 hours ago, saith said:

I hear what you're saying, but at the same time, no need to single me out either tbh (it's fine tho)

On 6/4/2022 at 3:08 AM, Furor Poeticus said:

I’m slightly jealous of the fans from their FB group who are calling this album a masterpiece lol 

this i'm like what are y'all hearing i wanna be slayed too :crai: and i like this sound from other artists like u said why isn't it hitting for me :crai: