#glimmeringdarling

"Once Upon a Dream" (for "Maleficent" Soundtrack) Discussion Thread - OUT NOW!

According to a new listing on Amazon, Disney will release a cover of the Sleeping Beauty classic, ‘Once Upon A Dream’ as performed by Lana Del Rey for the original motion picture soundtrack of its upcoming film, Maleficent, starring Angelina Jolie. The single will release on January 26. The news comes shortly after Walt Disney Studios teased the news that they will air a special sneak peek at the film during the Grammy Awards on CBS this Sunday. Presumably the spot will feature the new track.

Maleficent explores the untold story of Disney’s most iconic villain from the 1959 classic Sleeping Beauty and the elements of her betrayal that ultimately turn her pure heart to stone. Driven by revenge and a fierce desire to protect the moors over which she presides, Maleficent cruelly places an irrevocable curse upon the human king’s newborn infant Aurora. As the child grows, Aurora is caught in the middle of the seething conflict between the forest kingdom she has grown to love and the human kingdom that holds her legacy. Maleficent realizes that Aurora may hold the key to peace in land and is forced to take drastic actions that will change both worlds forever.

The following is the teaser for the exclusive sneak peek airing on Sunday:

Maleficent stars Angelina Jolie, Sharlto Copley, Elle Fanning, Sam Riley, Imelda Staunton, Juno Temple and Lesley Manville. It will debut in theaters on May 30, 2014.

UPDATE: It has come to our attention that Amazon is listing two dates on the track’s page: January 26 (night of the Grammy Awards) and February 4. We reached out to Walt Disney Records who would not directly comment on the report, but did advise ‘to tune into the Grammys on Sunday night for details.’

Source: http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-lana-del-rey-maleficent-68709/

I PLAYED THE VIDEO AND I WAS LIKE OMG THESE DEEP CHOIR VOICES ARE SO DARK AND PERFECT LANA WILL SLAY OMG

AND THEN THE VIDEO STOPPED AND THE MUSIC WAS STILL THERE AND THEN I REALISED THAT ITS MY NEW YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL REMIX

:defeated:

I STILL HAVE HOPE THAT IT WILL BE EPIC AND DARK

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

YAS!

Was this song the reason why Emille posted that picture of Lana with the title Violet Princess?

OMG PRODUCED BY EMILE OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Are we going to have 80 different versions of this too?

:toofunny: YESSS AND 80 UNRELEASED MIXED FROM BACKGROUND

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg