Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

From the End/Rock Me Stable/Quiet Now/Young Like Me - Post-Release Discussion Thread & Poll

Choose!  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite song?

• Blizzard
    • You, Mister
    • There's Nothing to Be Sorry About
    • More Mountains
    • In Wendy
    • For You
    • Wait

Don't know where else to post this, but this is the Young Like Me cd artwork featuring the official tracklist.

YLM.jpg

Absolutely nuts!!! 

Two questions:

a) What does this mean for the existing YLM tracklist, which has 7 tracks (and matches the copyright record for YLM)? 

b) Which of our graphic designers want to make matching fruit CD labels for Sirens and From the End :creep:

o4qjp4j.png

Absolutely nuts!!! 

Two questions:

a) What does this mean for the existing YLM tracklist, which has 7 tracks (and matches the copyright record for YLM)? 

It's pretty confusing but both track lists are definitely real. Maybe this CD was a sampler of sorts, or an early track listing before she added more songs?

It's pretty confusing but both track lists are definitely real. Maybe this CD was a sampler of sorts, or an early track listing before she added more songs?

Definitely. For now, I've split the extra 3 YLM tracks onto a separate EP called Rock Me Stable, since that's listed on the copyright page as another title for Young Like Me  :bop:

o4qjp4j.png

On 5/18/2020 at 8:27 PM, fl0ridakil0s said:

the difference between Young like me, Sirens and From the end is still confuse to me... I've been reading their LDR wiki pages but still don't clearly understand how the EPs were discovered

Young Like Me and From the End are demo EPs that Lana made in 2005, you can look at Lana Wiki and see they have very different tracklists. The EPs existence were discovered on copyright sites.

Sirens is a demo album made by Lana in 2006, it includes songs from Young Like Me and From the End, and songs which don't appear on either of them.

1 hour ago, daisy fresh witch said:

okay so can we move the stuff about the album cover to the appropriate thread? cause it took me a while to find this. makes it hard for people to find what we are looking for

Well I wish we had threads about her unreleased projects (Young Like Me, From the End, Sirens, The Phenomena of Lizzy Grant, No Kung Fu) for all info related to them. Like how we have post-release threads for her released stuff. For example we can do ''Sirens: General Discussion Thread'' lol

13 hours ago, Tulips said:

Well I wish we had threads about her unreleased projects (Young Like Me, From the End, Sirens, The Phenomena of Lizzy Grant, No Kung Fu) for all info related to them. Like how we have post-release threads for her released stuff. For example we can do ''Sirens: General Discussion Thread'' lol

i feel like for the most part, the post-release threads are discussion threads, especially for projects that have been out for a while, obviously sirens and aka were released / recorded way before lanaboards was created, but we needed a thread that could be used as discussion.

it would be cool to have post-release / discussion threads for at least the may jailer eps and no kung fu, because i find her lizzy grant era to be so captivating and just i love it so much, so of course i'd love to talk about it :creep: i don't know if there's much room for discussion when it comes to the phenomena of lizzy grant, since every song on that mixtape is a song we already had, except for a slightly different mix of rehab, still interesting, and a cool thing to know about, nonetheless. 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

So yesterday I realized the existence of the Young like me. and the From the end. EPs, I googled them and downloaded both leaked projects. I realized many of the songs on both EPs are part of the Sirens project (which I already got for a couple of years now)... As I heard the tracks and compared them (both EP and album versions) I found some differences in the audio volume and the song lengths... but I don't know if it's just that those tracks are so old that there are multiple versions of each track with different quality or if she rerecorded some of the EP songs for Sirens.

Surprisingly, I think the songs included in both EPs have greatest quality compared to the ones in Sirens, which doesn't make sense to me if Sirens was created after those EPs. The only thing that seems logic to me is that since YLM and FTE leaked after Sirens, the leaker got those tracks with better/original quality.

Can someone pls clear up this for me?

Also, wanted to ask... is there any OFFICIAL artwork for Sirens? I know the two previous EPs don't have a legit cover but I've also found a lot of versions of the artwork of Sirens that idk which one is real and which it's not — I'm just trying to get my collection as organized as possible lol.

Thanks for your help!

2 minutes ago, douglasr said:

but I don't know if it's just that those tracks are so old that there are multiple versions of each track with different quality or if she rerecorded some of the EP songs for Sirens.

the songs are the same, just different quality

Surprisingly, I think the songs included in both EPs have greatest quality compared to the ones in Sirens, which doesn't make sense to me if Sirens was created after those EPs. The only thing that seems logic to me is that since YLM and FTE leaked after Sirens, the leaker got those tracks with better/original quality.

the leaker of YLM & FTE is not the same as the one who leaked sirens

Also, wanted to ask... is there any OFFICIAL artwork for Sirens? I know the two previous EPs don't have a legit cover but I've also found a lot of versions of the artwork of Sirens that idk which one is real and which it's not — I'm just trying to get my collection as organized as possible lol.

there is no "official" artwork for any of the may jailer songs, they are all fanmade pics using old photos of lana. the sirens tracklist is all just speculation, as the leaker said they had them on a cd that was just "Track 1", "Track 2", so we don't the real name of next to me, pretty baby or the other sirens-exclusive tracks 

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

4 hours ago, HEARTCORE said:

the songs are the same, just different quality

the leaker of YLM & FTE is not the same as the one who leaked sirens

there is no "official" artwork for any of the may jailer songs, they are all fanmade pics using old photos of lana. the sirens tracklist is all just speculation, as the leaker said they had them on a cd that was just "Track 1", "Track 2", so we don't the real name of next to me, pretty baby or the other sirens-exclusive tracks 

Wow thank you so much! Now I will pick which quality of these files sounds better to me haha. I believe some of them just have the volume up. But yeah, thanks a lot!

for some reason in my iTunes i have Young Like Me/Quiet Now/Rock Me Stable and honestly idk which name fits so i just used all 3 that way and now it’s been so long since i’ve listened to those or even did research on whats what i haven’t changed it lmao

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 hours ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

for some reason in my iTunes i have Young Like Me/Quiet Now/Rock Me Stable and honestly idk which name fits so i just used all 3 that way and now it’s been so long since i’ve listened to those or even did research on whats what i haven’t changed it lmao

OFsjyPR

basically Sirens is the 15 track album, Young Like Me is also known as Rock Me Stable, From the End is also known as Quiet Now

9ISvyf0.gif

9 hours ago, Eclipse said:

sirens is not a real name! the leaker made it up along with an artwork and track titles

they also did the same with marina's give me the money

So the supposedly Sirens-exclusive tracks are individual songs and don't belong to any body of work?

1 hour ago, douglasr said:

So the supposedly Sirens-exclusive tracks are individual songs and don't belong to any body of work?

no the whole thing is a mixtape CD she burned. but it doesn't have a title and the songs on there were also untitled, but they do belong to this body of work, a mixtape at best. she was probably like oh let me burn all of these songs on a CD and give them away for promo

On 11/13/2020 at 5:21 AM, Eclipse said:

sirens is not a real name! the leaker made it up along with an artwork and track titles

they also did the same with marina's give me the money

Actually, Sirens is the actual name of the album! The CD disk had the album title on it, but the track files were untitled x

50601946722_a7bdb75c30_b.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 minute ago, Elle said:

Actually, Sirens is the actual name of the album! The CD disk had the album title on it, but the track files were untitled x

50601946722_a7bdb75c30_b.jpg

holy shit! this is so cool, is this the official cd? it's so crazy to see her vision for the album in this way, and seeing a note she wrote way back in 2006 for this album, with may jailer at the end :defeated: thank you so much for sharing this! an incredible piece of lana history :party: 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!