Lirazel

Music (& stuff) people like that you tried to get into, but can’t

Taylor Swift - I feel like the music just isn't *substantial* enough and the lyricism is kinda... juvenile and a bit too methodical. Same goes for Olivia Rodrigo (and her perspective just isn't there yet - makes it v hard to relate to and empathise w her music)

mUENGN9.png

Singers:

Dua Lipa (just so bland and basic, I'm sorry!)

Sia (her voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard)

Ariana Grande (just too...loud? I feel like my ears need a rest after each song. Belting turns into shouting)

Albums:

Folklore by Taylor Swift (I suppose it's okay but it doesn't do anything for me)

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

34 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

Taylor Swift - I feel like the music just isn't *substantial* enough and the lyricism is kinda... juvenile and a bit too methodical. Same goes for Olivia Rodrigo (and her perspective just isn't there yet - makes it v hard to relate to and empathise w her music)

Yeah, before Folklore and Evermore her lyrics were 100% melody. I remember when her hits included "Me-hee-heeee-he Oh-hoo-hooo-ho" and "So, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh" that literally sounds like a practice/warm up of the school choir. She has still great pop hits but I don't see the genius lyricism everyone's talking about. 

Olivia, on the other hand, is very good for teen pop standards but not enough good to be considered 'the' pop star. We may find her too childish to listen but I would see myself at 15 years old staning her music. The song Jealousy Jealousy is still reletable for me at least. I feel guilty for wishing she was around in mid 2010s because back then it was that awful EDM Chainsmokers/Major Lazer trend and 99% of pop songs were unlistenable for me. At least we got great alt bands in the early 2010s like AM, TNBHD, Cigarettes and more.

Sorry for my rant :awkney2:

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

On 8/3/2021 at 2:24 PM, shady said:

Yeah, before Folklore and Evermore her lyrics were 100% melody. I remember when her hits included "Me-hee-heeee-he Oh-hoo-hooo-ho" and "So, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh" that literally sounds like a practice/warm up of the school choir.

And yet people were claiming those songs are full of hints that she's gay :thumb: Sometimes I wish I understood what people see in Taylor, but most of the times... nah, I'm good.

i am nothing and should be everything

On 8/3/2021 at 1:38 PM, Alison by Slowdive said:

Same here. Her music makes me cringe so heavily I just cant ignore it. Folklore is maybe one of the dullest things I've listened to and will never get the hype behind it (except from the sales-oriented industry dynamics that explain a lot). Enjoyed a few songs from Evermore though.

Ariana... girl you need to learn enunciation and drop those huhs and aaaaaaaaaaeeweehs .

Billie eilish : what the hell is she singing half the time??? Mumbling and giggling over among us beats and alien sounds???

25 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Billie eilish : what the hell is she singing half the time??? Mumbling and giggling over among us beats and alien sounds???

Isn't Lana like that a bit too?

Also you must not like Janet Jackson :oopna:

53 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Isn't Lana like that a bit too?

:oopna:

No? Maybe in Burning desire yes.

Lana sings. And there is just reverb in her older albums...

But her vocals are so impressive . Esp the higher notes.

Billie mumbles and its comprehensible mostly.