Lirazel

Music (& stuff) people like that you tried to get into, but can’t

I went from being Selena Gomez's biggest stan in 2012-13 to being completely underwhelmed by her music. The only song since 2014 I like by her was Good For You and Fetish. She sounds out of breath, her songs are adult contemporary pop. Her music is a snooze fest. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

I still can't get into Taylor after so many years. Her older pop songs are very much fun but her new stripped-down style sounds so bland to me. All of my mutuals ADORE folklore, but it's surprisingly underwhelming.. I really do love her cheerful pop music from years ago:party:

23 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

I want to get into Mitski but I can't even though I tried. Her lyrics are good but I don't like her melodies (or lack of sometimes) at all. I only like Nobody and a couple of songs from that album :icant:

i feel the exact same way BUT "working for the knife" is incredible?? have never loved a single song so much from an artist i otherwise don't care for. 

aOaIzH2.gif

22 hours ago, shady said:

I went from being Selena Gomez's biggest stan in 2012-13 to being completely underwhelmed by her music. The only song since 2014 I like by her was Good For You and Fetish. She sounds out of breath, her songs are adult contemporary pop. Her music is a snooze fest. 

tbh the only album of hers that I like is A Year Without Rain.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, ilovesosa said:

olivia rodrigo. I see people on tiktok and twitter saying it's the best album ever and stuff but I don't even like 1 song off sour.

Lmao they must be 13 year olds…nobody with any musical intelligence would say Sour is the best album ever 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

17 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Lmao they must be 13 year olds…nobody with any musical intelligence would say Sour is the best album ever 

Sour is a good album though. Not the best but good.

giphy.gif

23 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't know if this even counts because i only listened to a little bit of a few songs but i truly don't understand the appeal of phoebe bridgers, what i've heard of her music seems so bland? :bebe: 

oomf is a stan and like bless her for that, but I don't get the appeal... maybe she has good lyricism, but all the songs I've heard are so damn bland. It's one of those artists when you've heard 2-3 songs you've heard them all essentially. :bebe:

charli xcx:noparty:

i like vroom vroom, secret, lucky, trophy, backseat, and outta my head. that’s about it :derpna2: but if anyone has suggestions feel free to let me know. i wanna dive into her unreleased discography too 

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."

1 minute ago, keps2013 said:

i like vroom vroom, secret, lucky, trophy, backseat, and outta my head. that’s about it :derpna2: but if anyone has suggestions feel free to let me know. i wanna dive into her unreleased discography too 

listen to number 1 angel best album ever

4 minutes ago, keps2013 said:

Try "Track 10", but if that sounds too weird still, than maybe "Blame It On Your Love" (the mainstream continuation single of track 10)

Edit: Also try Gone

Rina sawayama, shes kinda basic ngl, mitski be the cowboy, BORING, Taylor swift lover, few songs on there was ok but just nah. Shes overrated im sorry, i mean reputation is rlly good but her other stuff...

On 3/11/2022 at 5:52 PM, baddisease said:

Sour is a good album though. Not the best but good.

Agreed. Sour is quite a generic pop album but kinda catchy, but yh

Roman

Just now, RomanCrystal said:

Rina sawayama, shes kinda basic ngl, mitski be the cowboy, BORING, Taylor swift lover, few songs on there was ok but just nah. Shes overrated im sorry, i mean reputation is rlly good but her other stuff...

rina - have you heard the rina ep? :judgingu2:

mitski - she's definitely not for everyone but laurel hell is definitely her most 'poppy'

taylor - lover + reputation are her worst albums :bebe: 1989, speak now, red, folklore completely shit on them

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

rina - have you heard the rina ep? :judgingu2:

mitski - she's definitely not for everyone but laurel hell is definitely her most 'poppy'

taylor - lover + reputation are her worst albums :bebe: 1989, speak now, red, folklore completely shit on them

Reputation is decent, laurel hell is really good and i need more time with rina

Roman

5 hours ago, the ocean said:

these are the only two taylor's albums i can openly call enjoyable :lolliney:

1 minute ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

Lover by Taylor Swift is so bad, I really tried but every song was a skip for me-ee-eeeeeeee :toofunny: And this is coming from someone who likes Red, 1989, Reputation, Folklore & Evermore

whaaaaa? lover [song] and false god r so good 

2 minutes ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

Lover by Taylor Swift is so bad, I really tried but every song was a skip for me-ee-eeeeeeee :toofunny: And this is coming from someone who likes Red, 1989, Reputation, Folklore & Evermore

False God & Archer are good.

IMG-3521.jpg