Lirazel

Music (& stuff) people like that you tried to get into, but can’t

Rihanna / Beyoncé - I'm not a fan of powerhouse vocals, i do like the most popular songs by Whitney Houston/Mariah Carey/etc and i can listen to said artists, but Rihanna&Beyoncé never appealed to me, like, i can't listen to them without hurting my ears or me getting tired after a while, i like The Way You Lie without R's vocals and i find them kinda obnoxious, i don't hate them or anything, just that they never appealed to me and seem a bit overrated in my very very very personal humble opinion.

Sky Ferreira - I just like Sad Dream ( :crai: ) and Everything Is Embarrasing and was disappointed the rest of the album didn't sounded like that but i think i will give her another chance, i do love her voice a lot.

Madonna - I just like some of her older stuff, tha'knows La Isla Bonita, Like a Virgin,etc..., she seems so obnoxious nowadays tbh tidal.

Ellie Goulding - Her voice is just boring and average to me, i don't see the appeal and she has such a smug face :smokes3:

Azaelia Banks - I'm not that into rap (I just like some of the most populars and even i just like certain songs, ex: Eminem,Dr.Dre and 2Pac) i like her voice, just that her genre doesn't appeal to me to keep me listening for a long time and i like that she seems to care about various social issues but she comes off as annoying with her constant dissing of Iggy, i mean i dislike Iggy to death too but c'mon, let her fade away Az, you're Better Than That :creep:  I wanna give her another try tho'.

5SOS:horror:

Iggy Azalea - :horror: :horror: :horror:

HAIM - I just like If I Could Change Your Mind, i tried to convince myself i liked the rest of the album but i can't believe my own lies, they bore me :icant:

Florence/Grimes/MGMT/Vampire Weekend - Maybe they need another listen but they are kinda boring like, i don't understand the hype, they're talented yes but, not for me :eek:

As for TVShows, i don't watch TV anymore, the only TVShow i really like is Twin Peaks, i tried BB and Mad Men, but they're such a bore to me, the same goes for GoT and Orange Is The New Black.

For books, i'm very picky about them  (and everything else for that matter) but i don't read a lot of books, i don't like stories that much, dunno, i usually just like classic books like A Clockwork Orange or To Kill A Mockingbird, those type of books.

Movies, euh, i watch films of certain directors or anything old, i don't go to the cinema because of me being picky af.

Definitely give Sky/Vampire weekend's albums a good listen. Sky's took a while to grow on me but now I adore it. I agree with Haim tho I tried to like them so bad and their album is still on my ipod  :deadbanana:

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

FKA Twigs - the only song that doesn't sound like random animal impressions with heavily delayed slowed down beats is two weeks and maybe video girl but i don't even really like that one 

Destiny's Child/most of Dangerously in Love - except for the songs i already knew all of those songs sound the same and boring to me

Frank Ocean - everything but a few songs bore me and i also think his voice gets annoying after like 3 listens/ 3 tracks 

Grimes - i love Genesis it's one of my favourite songs ever but most of the rest sounds really monotone to me. Even though i give Visuals a second chance every once a while i don't really like the direction she's going for with Go and her new track.

HAIM - If I Could Change Your Mind is such a bop tho

Ellie Goulding - what is her voice even supposed so sound like she either sounds like my 6 years old niece singing or a goat  :horror:

Sheezus - I love Alright, Still and It's not me it's you but Sheezus sounds very boring and uninspired to me except our time maybe (and wtf is as long as i got you even supposed to be)

No Doubt - I love Gwen's solo albums and like most of their singles but i can't even be bothered to listen through their albums  

Sia - i like Clap Your Hands but her voice and appearances annoy me af, i still think she is very talented at writing songs but she shouldn't be involved in their production

the xx - once i came across heard skipped a beat i liked it but when i listened to both of their albums i caught myself falling asleep because their music is so terribly boring 

i76mrxw.png 

@

For Grimes, I definitely see what you are saying but if "Genesis" is one of your favorite songs of all time you should at least also love "Oblivion"

And listen to the rest of HAIM's album again for sure. About half the album is equally as strong as "If I Could Change Your Mind".

Finally, I find it funny because I love The xx for the same reason that you dislike them! I fall asleep to their music at night often and it's also great for long car drives. It's music for a lulled mind.

H0bDaqU.gif

Definitely give Sky/Vampire weekend's albums a good listen. Sky's took a while to grow on me but now I adore it.

I'm just gonna trust you and download their whole discographies tbh because it's been years for me. I really like a few Vampire Weekend songs but I've just never been bothered to get into them, especially since male vocalists are quite a rarity for me.

And Sky's As If EP has been on my iPod for ever but just this last fortnight I've become obsessed, I never bothered in the past because I'm not as keen on her later stuff but the same thing happened with Lana when Video Games was first out, plus Charli XCX and Marina & the diamonds who are now 3 of my faves.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

FKA Twigs - the only song that doesn't sound like random animal impressions with heavily delayed slowed down beats is two weeks and maybe video girl but i don't even really like that one 

Destiny's Child/most of Dangerously in Love - except for the songs i already knew all of those songs sound the same and boring to me

Florence - except for some songs from both albums and What Kind Of Man i don't really like her music. Also her music sound soo pretentious deep and ~medieval~ to me (like why is she singing about water and the moon and so much weird stuff all the time.. her discography is like a witchcraft soundtrack)

Frank Ocean - everything but a few songs bore me and i also think his voice gets annoying after like 3 listens/ 3 tracks 

Grimes - i love Genesis it's one of my favourite songs ever but most of the rest sounds really monotone to me. Even though i give Visuals a second chance every once a while i don't really like the direction she's going for with Go and her new track.

HAIM - If I Could Change Your Mind is such a bop but i haven't really listened to the rest of her album a lot because it just doesn't sounds interesting to me. I guess i'll try to like it again in some time though.

Ellie Goulding - what is her voice even supposed so sound like she either sounds like my 6 years old niece singing or a goat  :horror:

No Doubt - I love Gwen's solo albums and like most of their singles but i haven't even bothered to listen through their albums  

Sia - i like Clap Your Hands but her voice and appearances annoy me af, i still think she is very talented at writing songs but she shouldn't be involved in their production

pre Ghost Sky Ferreira - i like Sex Rules and One i don't like the rest though

the xx - once i came across heard skipped a beat i liked it but when i listened to both of their albums i caught myself falling to sleep because their music is so terribly boring 

I'm actually the opposite with Sky. And also Destiny's Child/DIL - I actually prefer that old r&b, stripped back style to a lot of Beyonce's later stuff, but it really depends on my mood. 

With Grimes, I was stuck with only liking Oblivion, then Genesis and Skin grew on me but it's definitely worth giving her a go, I found her second album Halfaxa the most difficult to get into, I still struggle to tell the tracks apart tbh. But luckily she's actually going in a different direction to her last 2 songs (Go and whatever that other one's called), which is why she released them separately.

And the rest of the artists you listed, I've also failed with  :crossed: Don't Speak is probably one of my all time fave songs but the rest of No Doubt, i can;t even remember the tunes to any other songs. And I like experimental music but I honestly don't get FKA Twigs, I want to? But idk the delayed beats really frustrate me, I'm literally mad at her for it.

If I ever bothered to dl Pure Heroine, I'd probably be a really big Lorde fan but idk, she's too perfect? Idk what it is, there's just something stopping me from liking her. Also, I've always wanted to love Bjork but nope, that's not happening for me  :bye2:

@@Hello Heaven thanks for your advice with grimes

and just think of lorde as a singer with a pretty mediocre voice. It's not like she can't hit notes or is a bad singer but her voice sounds so shallow and whispery most of the time, even lana's voice comes off stronger to me. i don't really know how to explain it but she just lacks of depth (i hate white teeth teens because of her whispery tone)

i76mrxw.png 

@@Hello Heaven thanks for your advice with grimes

and just think of lorde as a singer with a pretty mediocre voice. It's not like she can't hit notes or is a bad singer but her voice sounds so shallow and whispery most of the time, even lana's voice comes off stronger to me. i don't really know how to explain it but she just lacks of depth (i hate white teeth teens because of her whispery tone)

Yeah, I get you, it's like she's just missing it. Not as bad as Ellie Goulding though  :biblio:

Jessie Ware. I wish I could love her but I just can't. She bores me so much. Her first album was meh and her second one was a bit better but still dull. The only song I like from her is the feature with Disclosure. Anyways, I love her career visually, the official covers are stunning. Plus, she's gorgeous as fuck.

iamamiwhoami. I just can't. Sorry.

we told you this was melodrama // last.fm 

I'm just gonna trust you and download their whole discographies tbh because it's been years for me. I really like a few Vampire Weekend songs but I've just never been bothered to get into them, especially since male vocalists are quite a rarity for me.

And Sky's As If EP has been on my iPod for ever but just this last fortnight I've become obsessed, I never bothered in the past because I'm not as keen on her later stuff but the same thing happened with Lana when Video Games was first out, plus Charli XCX and Marina & the diamonds who are now 3 of my faves.

As If is terrible if you ask me. :deadbanana:  VW's third album is way more mature than their first two. I think Contra is my favourite.

Definitely give Sky/Vampire weekend's albums a good listen. Sky's took a while to grow on me but now I adore it. I agree with Haim tho I tried to like them so bad and their album is still on my ipod  :deadbanana:

Oh my jesuus you were right, I'm loving Vampire Weekend, i love it, i'm in love :crying4:

Sky too, i love  I Blame Myself and Nobody Asked (If I was okay) they're such bops :pray2:

I tried so hard with HAIM, i love If I Could Change Your Mind but the rest of the album seems like, dunno i couldn't like it :crying5:

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

I won't name the last one because it would piss off a lot of people here.

who cares lmao say it, no one's getting snarky w anyone for their opinions (in this thread anyway lol) [except for me maybe a few pages ago :hooker:]

14417469274.gif

I just can't get into Sky Ferreira (except a couple of songs) or Halsey. I think they're both somewhat overrated.

overrated? i say this as a huge Sky fan but like...nobody rates her lol. she's so unheard of in mainstream culture.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

overrated? i say this as a huge Sky fan but like...nobody rates her lol. she's so unheard of in mainstream culture.

Overrated in the indie pop/alternative crowd at least.  Her voice is decent, but it doesn't really stand out to me.  I do like the song Everything is Embarrassing, but many of the songs by her people have said are "great" aren't really all that in my opinion.

heavier than heavenly

As If is terrible if you ask me. :deadbanana:  VW's third album is way more mature than their first two. I think Contra is my favourite.

I finally accepted my music taste is completely dried up so went on a downloading rampage last night which included all 3 VW albums, which are getting quite addictive. I've never been bothered by indie bands cos they're all pretty same-y and I'm more into female soloists but VW have something about them which stands out from the rest.

May as well chuck it in here too because of your profile pic, but after years of wanting to "understand" Bjork (because her fans are always going on about how innovative and creative and beautiful her music is and I've just never quite got it) I finally downloaded 7 albums which I'm gonna work my way through.

I finally accepted my music taste is completely dried up so went on a downloading rampage last night which included all 3 VW albums, which are getting quite addictive. I've never been bothered by indie bands cos they're all pretty same-y and I'm more into female soloists but VW have something about them which stands out from the rest.

May as well chuck it in here too because of your profile pic, but after years of wanting to "understand" Bjork (because her fans are always going on about how innovative and creative and beautiful her music is and I've just never quite got it) I finally downloaded 7 albums which I'm gonna work my way through.

Glad you like VW! I think Debut is a good place to start, it's fun and she doesn't take herself too seriously or anything.

The 1975 - I like two of their songs but that's really it. 

Beyonce- I feel like she's overrated. People are like "omg she's queen and slays everyone!1" I'm just like no. She's talented don't get me wrong, but I just don't see what all the hype is about her. I prefer Destiny's Child over her. 

Taylor Swift- I felt like this a few years ago. I'm not really a fan of country music, so I was never really liked her. That, and I didn't' like her because she was dating Harry Styles(I was like 15/16 so). I do like her new album though and she seems like a really sweet person.

Usually I say that I'm not going to get into certain things and all and eventually I jump on the bandwagon and do. oh well. 

As If is terrible if you ask me. :deadbanana:

oh hellll nawl! not on my watch! haters anonymous is trash but every other song on As If! is pop perfection  :hooker:

tbh I just can't get into Azealia... I don't get the obsession and she seems to be kind of a bitch IMO. I kinda liked her on the Blue Jeans remix but other than that  :derpna:

on the other hand tho, I hated Lana when I first heard her and now she's my everything  :hoe:

TjmiIK4.png

Troye Sivan tbh. Like a couple songs but most of his stuff just doesn’t do anything for me but annoy me lol

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif