Lirazel

Music (& stuff) people like that you tried to get into, but can’t

Kate Bush besides a select few songs :defeated: I respect her artistry so much and I don’t know why I haven’t been able to, I’ve been trying to like her for over half a decade at this point. I love a lot of artists that she shares fans with like Tori Amos, Björk, Fiona Apple, etc etc but I can’t get into Kate for some reason. I think maybe her voice is just too like, theatrical and dramatic for my taste

Just now, Harry Nilsson said:

I listened to don't forget me, which I like, but also your posted examples were interesting :flutter:

not me thinking my "what are you listening to" thread posts go unnoticed but Harry Nilsson actually took note:trisha:

but seriously Take 54 (current obsession), Spaceman, You're Breaking My Heart, Driving Along, Let The Good Times Roll & Gotta Get Up are all great shouts. All rllly groovy.

Don't Forget Me & Without You too, of course  for when you need a cry instead

13 hours ago, burthday kake said:

also bjork- sonically the music is just way too out there for me but shes a queen for being a quadruple scorpio like moi :really:

the doors... idk whytthefuck bc most of my music taste is 60s/70s centric but its so boring to me aside from 20th century fox & light my fire- those are genuine bangers.

basically any rap..ijustdontlikeit

n i mean generally almost all of the currently popular modern musicians, not to b a lame like that but billie eilish, olivia rodrigo, harry styles, ariana, jb  etc etc... i just cantttt.. lanas basically the only modern artist I listen to in full as well as some weyes blood, zella day, taylor swift & lorde

no hate to any of the mentioned artists btw, they're not my cup of tea but they're obviously someone elses & they still earned their success  <3

For me I love the Doors self titled album and Riders of the storm but I can't convince myself to like anything else. 

Omg thank God someone likes Zella, she's was my 3rd top artists last year. 

I've also become so detached from current music but so did my friends without us even being open about it. I rarely like anything so much that I listen to it by myself on earphones on repeat. The only modern mainstream artists I like are Miley Cyrus and Doja (and probably someone else I forgot). Mainstream music has become painfully boring and sappy. Many songs are top 40 because of Tiktok. It's so depressing to look at. I used to hate my country's music but now I find myself listening to our hits more because they're danceable and don't have some sappy theme. Not everything needs to be sad ffs, and this is coming from a Lana fan lmao. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

14 minutes ago, shady said:

For me I love the Doors self titled album and Riders of the storm but I can't convince myself to like anything else. 

Omg thank God someone likes Zella, she's was my 3rd top artists last year. 

I've also become so detached from current music but so did my friends without us even being open about it. I rarely like anything so much that I listen to it by myself on earphones on repeat. The only modern mainstream artists I like are Miley Cyrus and Doja (and probably someone else I forgot). Mainstream music has become painfully boring and sappy. Many songs are top 40 because of Tiktok. It's so depressing to look at. I used to hate my country's music but now I find myself listening to our hits more because they're danceable and don't have some sappy theme. Not everything needs to be sad ffs, and this is coming from a Lana fan lmao. 

i def have a handful of about 10 songs by The Doors i can find pretty nice now & then but other than that :rollin: i wonder if it'll ever grow on me. my bf is a huge fan lmao

thats so cool!!! i do love Zella, she rocks & funny enough she was also my #3 on my 2022 wrapped!  did you enjoy Sunday In Heaven?

i think you've nailed it though pretty much .. a lot of the same things just being straight up regurgitated over and over, lyrically as well as sonically... even visually sometimes in music videos - it just gets old i guess. sometimes things can just feel a bit cheap or soulless as well nowadays. but i wont say more fhvbafdsjvfhbgs.

On 2/13/2023 at 12:31 PM, burthday kake said:

i def have a handful of about 10 songs by The Doors i can find pretty nice now & then but other than that :rollin: i wonder if it'll ever grow on me. my bf is a huge fan lmao

thats so cool!!! i do love Zella, she rocks & funny enough she was also my #3 on my 2022 wrapped!  did you enjoy Sunday In Heaven?

i think you've nailed it though pretty much .. a lot of the same things just being straight up regurgitated over and over, lyrically as well as sonically... even visually sometimes in music videos - it just gets old i guess. sometimes things can just feel a bit cheap or soulless as well nowadays. but i wont say more fhvbafdsjvfhbgs.

I definitely adore those three singles from Sunday in Heaven, Golden was also in my top 5 songs. I wasn't focused too much on the album but I'll definitely give it a listen. I wish she kept the Golden aesthetic for the album cause it was different and ethereal. Her album is definitely on my vinyl wish list. 

I feel like music has stopped evolving cause nothing is left to explore. It's either recycled music or oversexualized. The only time something gets buzz is when it's comically bad or when a A lister releases something. Alternative and indie music is definitely better than mainstream in every aspect. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

Ethel Cain.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I’ve tried so hard to get into Melanie Martinez, and I just can’t. Not sure what it is, but neither her music or aesthetic appeal to me. 😣 the visuals for her latest album…. Like no thanks, I’m good. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

This doesn't really count as stuff I can't get into, but I can't tell PJ Harvey songs apart because they all sound very similar to me dhfsdf I do like her music, it's just I'm not really crazy about it

On 4/5/2023 at 6:27 AM, maysparkle said:

I’ve tried so hard to get into Melanie Martinez, and I just can’t. Not sure what it is, but neither her music or aesthetic appeal to me. 😣 the visuals for her latest album…. Like no thanks, I’m good. 

Same. I really wanted to like her too as the fan base seems to cross over with Lana 

I literally don’t listen to any modern musicians. My last concert was paolo nutini, I really enjoyed his new record.. next one is roger waters.. then Greta van fleet.. maybe I’m stuck on that old sound :bebe:

And I cant accept the doors slander, pls!!

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

9 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Girl stop it let me give u some song recommendations. Who r ur fav artists and like style what's ur vibe, have u listened to preachers daughter?

Omg I kind of agree with @jamesss lol. I love American Teenager and I like Crush, but I can’t stand the way she mixes her vocals tbh:air: everyone sounds so heavily reverbed and auto tuned

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Oof I have a few, don’t come @ me. 
-Harry styles. He makes Walmart music. Sry

-Lizzo. Her messages are good but it’s just not my type of music.

-Dua Lipa. I’m not a fan of pop music

-Ed sheeran. Again, not a fan of pop

-Bad bunny. All of his songs sound the same, and I’m fluent in Spanish. 
-the bitch who wrote dance monkey!!!! I can’t stand her voice!!!

-AJR. Because my brother listens to them

-any boy band. I’m lowkey scared of straight men so this is a nightmare to me.

i could go on but I’m not going to

On 4/23/2023 at 11:28 AM, Orville Peck said:

same. folklore and evermore are the only Taylor Swift albums I like. I tried her other albums, but they are a NO for me.

But what about re-e-e-ed 

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram