Lirazel

Music (& stuff) people like that you tried to get into, but can’t

Just now, Lustformoney said:

and her voice drives me crazy, she just screams all the time:oprah2:

Ugh, I know right! The only thing I liked her in was her collab with Gaga. .....

And the collab with Lana was just......:brandy:fucking terrible. 

I really really really hate Chromatica :eek3:

I wanted to listen to it open-minded, I even initially included it among the records I was the most excited for in 2020 BUUUUUUUT every single song has something missing imo

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

9 hours ago, HyperVelvet said:

I tried to give a chance to miss Eyelash, but ended up liking maybe 2 songs. I despise the rest :yawn:

I don't really understand her phenomenon tbh

I really don’t understand the appeal for her voice. It’s mostly whisper singing. I’m all about vocals that are full of PASSION. SADNESS. ANGER. :omg:

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

On 3/6/2021 at 1:43 PM, Roses of Saigon said:

I really don’t understand the appeal for her voice. It’s mostly whisper singing. I’m all about vocals that are full of PASSION. SADNESS. ANGER. :omg:

same but i will hand it to her: when she does sing normally her voice is absolutely beautiful :wink:

Pink Floyd has really cool stuff like Comfortably Numb (love listening to it after listening to Heroin), Time, Wish you were here, but I just can't listen to songs longer than 15 minutes :tsk: I don't feel like I have the time, or maybe I just don't have the right headspace to enjoy any of it. Too experimental for me. Overall rock music that goes that long.

Rap. I like some songs but overall it's not it for me, I can't find the appeal (I hate SB).

Charli XCX. The sound of NFR and COCC is like my kind of sound for music in general so go figure why I have never really gotten into her. I do think she has a good ear for music, though.

Some songs by the Beatles. The melodies are cute but sometimes the outdated production/mixing turns me off from it too much (and the vocals :oop2:). That's why sometimes i prefer covers by other artists. 

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I hate to say it, I hope I don't sound ridiculous but Taylor Swifts lyrics are so embarrassing. The production can be literal magic and everything I want in a song and then she says something like "then you hold my hand and crush my plans" and I can't deal

Willow was so beautiful then mama said "but I come back stronger than a 90s trend" and I never streamed again

tumblr_inline_pbw9to77mj1rt2432_500.gifv

Ava Max
Sound-wise I like it since it's very early 2010s pop à la Kim Petras, but lyric wise :toofunny:
Like I don't mind listening to songs that aren't deep but every time I tried listening to one of her song it's those fake-deep lyrics that seem destinated to bullied 11 year olds and I can't get into it
And if you prefer her cover of Barbie Girl to the original, stay away from me

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

14 minutes ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

Lust For Life 

Folklore and Evermore; or pretty much Taylor Swift in general aside from some Reputation tracks 

Disco by Kylie Minogue 

Chromatica 

yeah I hated TS too this time last year aside from like a few singles/tracks

But I feel like she has literally a song for (almost) everyone... try listening Better than revenge, it’s a punk/rock/early paramore tease I think you’ll like 

1 hour ago, Charlottexseax said:

yeah I hated TS too this time last year aside from like a few singles/tracks

But I feel like she has literally a song for (almost) everyone... try listening Better than revenge, it’s a punk/rock/early paramore tease I think you’ll like 

I'll check that one out, thank you! <3

1 hour ago, Ayesha said:

I tried so hard to get into Kylie Minogue's discography. I only like Light Years and Fever. She has some good singles but her albums don't do it for me.

Her successful albums are lowkey her worst albums ddd. Like, there's usually the big single(s) and just lots of filler. I think her "flops" like Impossible Princess or Body Language are much better and more interesting than the "big" Kylie albums. Also, some of her best songs somehow never even ended up on her albums, like Skirt, Cherry Bomb, Take Me With You, Waiting For The Sun, and the Sleepwalker and Kylie + Garibay EPs. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

On 3/6/2021 at 8:21 AM, HyperVelvet said:

I really really really hate Chromatica :eek3:

I wanted to listen to it open-minded, I even initially included it among the records I was the most excited for in 2020 BUUUUUUUT every single song has something missing imo

I didnt like it either. It literally sounded like she tried to turn the Queer As Folk(U.S)theme song into an hour long project. Yawn.  I liked her better when she was ripping off Madonna.

Ariana Grande. I cant stand her dolphin voice. Break Up With Your Girlfriend is the only song by her I like. Maybe TUN

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

On 4/8/2021 at 5:23 PM, Still Sane said:

Ava Max
Sound-wise I like it since it's very early 2010s pop à la Kim Petras, but lyric wise :toofunny:
Like I don't mind listening to songs that aren't deep but every time I tried listening to one of her song it's those fake-deep lyrics that seem destinated to bullied 11 year olds and I can't get into it
And if you prefer her cover of Barbie Girl to the original, stay away from me

Belladonna is the only song I like from her. Her music sounds dated in a bad way. 2012’s pop music wasn’t necessarily terrible but it has aged poorly.  

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY