Lirazel

Music (& stuff) people like that you tried to get into, but can’t

11 hours ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

Lover by Taylor Swift is so bad, I really tried but every song was a skip for me-ee-eeeeeeee :toofunny: And this is coming from someone who likes Red, 1989, Reputation, Folklore & Evermore

Agree, sounds like a song for weddings and for couples to use it as a background song on social media. I never liked those kind of love songs. Her other Lover singles like Calm Down and Me! are also pretty bad, the catchy chorus parts sound like a school choir. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

12 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Taylor Swift, I listened to some popular songs and yes, I liked them too, but somehow nothing motivated me to listen to a full album :pft:

i really think folklore & evermore should be tried

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

On 3/10/2022 at 12:27 PM, Venice Peach said:

I want to get into Mitski but I can't even though I tried. Her lyrics are good but I don't like her melodies (or lack of sometimes) at all. I only like Nobody and a couple of songs from that album :icant:

i’ve listened to every mitski album start to finish and only find myself liking 3-4 songs, she’s talented but i just don’t really enjoy her music:defeated:

[insert pic of doja cat that’s larger than this damn websites requirements]

On 4/5/2022 at 8:43 PM, bluechemtrails said:

Taylor Swift, I listened to some popular songs and yes, I liked them too, but somehow nothing motivated me to listen to a full album :pft:

I listened to her most popular singles as I went through adolescence and couldn't stand them, can't stand them now either. Her music is just annoying to me. Tried with Folklore when it was released, couldnt pass the fourth (of sixteen) song and I was already suffering by then. Listened to Evermore and found some enjoyable moments there, though. Not an album I'm going back to frequently (or almost ever at all, truly) but it was the only time I listened to her music and didn't feel like I was being forced to.

twenty one pilots

esp like 2015 when they, melanie and halsey (also never got into apart from select songs but i might try with her again) were the mains of the alt pop scene 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

Wtf is even Rosalia's music? I can't imagine it being played in any setting and I heard that Latinos are having a hard time understanding her lyrics in Spanish lmao. 

charli xcx (besides true romance and crash). i also never got into hyperpop, which is probably why charli’s hyperpop albums don’t resonate with me.

sky ferreira - i like some of her songs, especially everything is embarrassing, but i would never know how acclaimed she was if i wasn’t on the internet. i don’t really dislike her music, but it mostly just doesn’t really click with me.

SAWAYAMA - i actively dislike this album. something about the production (maybe the rock influences?) literally makes me uncomfortable/angry/nauseous. it feels so grinding on my soul, i hate it.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Can I just say 99% of the music today  has no substance and is becoming more and more like a product pushed by a corporation, the time of true musically gifted artists is coming to an end. We are left with bad actors trying to be someone they are not and industry plants. 

So I’ve tried to get into a lot of todays music and I just can’t. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

13 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Can I just say 99% of the music today  has no substance and is becoming more and more like a product pushed by a corporation, the time of true musically gifted artists is coming to an end. We are left with bad actors trying to be someone they are not and industry plants. 

i 100% agree, even some of the “pop punk”/“rock” musicians of today are lacking the soul & substance that music from the 2000s & prior had, hopefully someday things will change & we’ll start to see genuine artists again

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

56 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I agree with this, but probably I would re-state it as/add that 99% of the music from new artists, aka from the last 3 years? Many new artists are releasing music for the trends and streaming numbers, and the lack of quality shows :toofunny: though other relatively new artists like AURORA (around 7 years) are a completely different story, and it shows.

And even artists that have already been in the industry for a long time seem to have lowered their standards (e.g. imo Katy Perry with Smile, which cannot be compared with her older albums like Teenage DreamOne of the Boys or Prism, or Lady Gaga with Chromatica, compared to Born This Way or The Fame Monster)* and that makes the new releases often questionable, I'd dare to say.

*I love Katy and Gaga and enjoy like half of Smile and Chromatica, it was just the first example that came to mind.

Hope it doesn't get twisted, my main point was that musicians trying to adjust to trends (looking at you, TikTok) have made music quality different, to say the least.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

4 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Seriously tho. Everyone has that exact same hip hop beat I linked below. The background music in KUWTK is a great example. I liked it at first when onla couple of artists started using it but now I'm sick. 

It's also the fact that music genres are literally getting recycled. I understand that nothing came out of vacuum but pushing 2000s pop punk instead of coming up a new rock sub genre is pathetic. I took 2010s alt scene for granted because although it was a 90s revival it had plenty of new elements and was far from recycled. Artists like Dua Lipa brought nothing new and sampled already classic recognizable songs because it's a safe hit. My parents love 80s synth pop and still think this revival is cheap and refuse to get into it. 

3 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

I agree with this, but probably I would re-state it as/add that 99% of the music from new artists, aka from the last 3 years? Many new artists are releasing music for the trends and streaming numbers, and the lack of quality shows :toofunny: though other relatively new artists like AURORA (around 7 years) are a completely different story, and it shows.

And even artists that have already been in the industry for a long time seem to have lowered their standards (e.g. imo Katy Perry with Smile, which cannot be compared with her older albums like Teenage DreamOne of the Boys or Prism, or Lady Gaga with Chromatica, compared to Born This Way or The Fame Monster)* and that makes the new releases often questionable, I'd dare to say.

*I love Katy and Gaga and enjoy like half of Smile and Chromatica, it was just the first example that came to mind.

Hope it doesn't get twisted, my main point was that musicians trying to adjust to trends (looking at you, TikTok) have made music quality different, to say the least.

I don't think those were good examples. Every artist has a weaker era and they were so successful and iconic that it's extremely hard to outdo themselves. Ariana is the type to get better after each album, Rihanna's first album was the weakest IMO. 

I don't think that TikTok destroyed music. I discovered many awesome alt songs that YouTube would've never recommended to me. I also remember that pop albums in the 2010s (when buying individual songs became a thing) were mostly compilations of songs which usually only have strong singles. Now I hear more and more people listening to albums and talking about them. So it's definitely a double-edged sword. Sometimes I wish we lived in a time when physical copies were a thing but then we would have much less access to good music. 

Sigrid. I really tried to like even just one song. But.... I just can't get into her. And Addison Rae... nope, just nope :crossed:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy