Lirazel

Music (& stuff) people like that you tried to get into, but can’t

Charli XCX & Sky Ferreira for sure. I tried to convince myself I liked Sky Ferreira's album and listened to it many times and sung along, but I just never feel like listening to her.

I just can't feel 'it' when listening to Charli XCX

Lana.pngAngel-Headed Hipster

Bastille and Arctic Monkeys. People are are freaking out saying they're amazing but idk. Tbh I just don't like guy singers (or bands, whatever) at all.

Actually no, I like one, which is Foster The People, but his voice is a little higher pitched soo

s8d0lgO.jpg

HAIM, Christina Aguilera, M.I.A., Paloma Faith, Iggy Azalea, St. Vincent, Birdy, etc.

And basically all male acts minus a few :creep:

Yeah I really only like Y.A.L.A. , Bring The Noize, Bad Girls, and Paper Planes. All of her other songs are just meh I guess.

s8d0lgO.jpg

Tbh I just don't like guy singers (or bands, whatever) at all.

Omfg, same! I can't never get into the music if it's a guy singing. But like you, I have one single exception (Ed Sheeran).

I could never get into Charli XCX or Florence. :(

Yeah I really only like Y.A.L.A. , Bring The Noize, Bad Girls, and Paper Planes. All of her other songs are just meh I guess.

I only like Y.A.L.A. :flop:

Omfg, same! I can't never get into the music if it's a guy singing. But like you, I have one single exception (Ed Sheeran).

I could never get into Charli XCX or Florence. :(

OMG I can't believe you're such a MØ stan and you don't like Charli tbh :omg:

It took me so long to get into MØ, but I liked Charli almost immediately haha.

H0bDaqU.gif

HAIM

Ugh I hate Hospice. It annoyed me the entire time I was listening to it. The vocals bother me and the lyrics feel so forced. It's actually one of the only albums I've really disliked.

You are human garbage

Oh just seeing all the mutual Haim feelings :godlaugh2: Idk I don't ever try too hard because what's the fuckin point but I just felt like there was something there that I'm missing...

American Horror Story- got through the first season, it was good, couldn't finish the 2nd season, not even gonna attempt Coven

I went through a small Azealia Banks phase but now she's nothing more than a 1 hit wonder to me  :toofunny: (if BWET ever sees the light of day I'll definitely give it a chance)

I lost interest in Pure Heroine really quickly

and Night Time My Time is not up to par with a lot of Sky's old stuff imo... i appreciate the album but i just didn't get into it all that much

tumblr_n44ko1s3Pk1rkudelo1_400.gif

I tried to get into Lorde, I really did, but I just couldn't do it. Now, I realize I actually can't stand her. Just looking at her annoys me. It's bad. 

One of my best friends gave me mixtape with some of her favourite artists & songs, and I loved all of the songs and artists except for Camera Obscura. They have a really different & interesting sound to them, and there are a couple of songs I like, but not very many, especially on Underachievers Please Try Harder. I prefer My Maudlin Career, but after awhile, listening to them makes my head hurt. I hope one day I can grow to like them more, because they're really cool in theory.

I see Marina & the Diamonds has been mentioned here a few times - I remember I first had a hard time getting into Marina originally, but now I absolutely love her. She's one of my top favourite artists. Valley of the Dolls is playing as I post this :dance:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Marina & The Diamonds I will never understand, but ALL of my friends who are Lana fans love marina too, and that makes me feel like a turd.

Charli XCX I want to like so bad, but I just can't. (Anyone a fan and want to guide me through her music?)

I'll never be able to get into male artists, I just can't do it. (Besides the xx, sonic youth and nirvana, those are godly voices)

Music: Ellie Goulding, Marina & the Diamonds, Lady Gaga, Lorde, Drake, Frank Ocean, Birdy, CHVCHES, Foster the People, Haim, Paramore, The 1975, Miley Cyrus, Beyonce 

Tv/Movies/Books: The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Twilight, 50 Shades of Grey, The Notebook, Pretty Little Liars, American Horror Story

It's never 2 late 2 be the things that u might've been* i'll sing till u fall asleep- u try and remember when*the future looked lush and sweet

M.I.A & HAIM probably, I listened to both latest albums and I just can't understand why people like them so much.

M.I.A. is an artist you either like or don't, try listening to her older stuff.  :flutter:  good 

On one hand this thread is revealing Haim to be hyped crap but on the other hand it's pointing me to each and every doomed soul who will never receive Savioure's repentance :poordat: :lordejesus:

A lot of people have said that Deftones are the smart guy's answer to Linkin Park, the band who has inspired LP, amazing music, etc.

Well, I tried to like them, but I wasn't able to stick long enough to see how similar they are.

What I've always loved about Linkin Park is that, despite all the screaming, the music oozes of vulnerability - especially when Chester sings.

It's no wonder so many people related to their songs, since they're as close to trauma processing as it gets (in mainstream rock music). It's an abuse narrative (mostly on HT and Meteora, but it's sprinkled on new songs too). They're placing themselves in the position of a victim, not an abuser, and that's why their music can be extremely therapeutic.

Deftones are entirely different. I don't care how good they or White Pony is. All I hear is a typical metal misogynist macho douchebag:

(altough I guess "the you're into depression cause it matches your eyes" lyrics are good - makes me think about how every few years, a new "cool" way to be depressed gets invented... it was an awful idea to put them in a song which shames feminity and female sexuality).

Probably there are more cool things to them(like when they pull Geoff Rickly on that one song on Koi no Yokan), but NO - at least untill they do something about their attitude.

So if listening to Deftones is smart, and to Linkin Park is stupid - well, I don't wanna be smart at all.

i am nothing and should be everything