Lirazel

Music (& stuff) people like that you tried to get into, but can’t

Weyes Blood, and it's not because I think she's overrated or anything, I think good music deserves recognition, but I have not listened to any of her songs in full because they don't grab me. I think if I heard her over the radio I'd like her music, but just trying to get into her in my own time isn't gonna work :ohno:

Florence... but maybe I haven't heard the right song yet, idk.

I also tried to get into Future Nostalgia by Dua Lipa but I wasn't really vibing. Saddens me because the cover art was so appealing and I had high hopes.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Just now, Doll Harlow said:

Florence... but maybe I haven't heard the right song yet, idk.

I've seen Florence mentioned a lot in here, and yes I think it's definitely about hearing the right song. 

She has a lot of material, and I honestly think her singles aren't for everyone so I don't blame anyone who isn't into her music based on what they've heard so far. 

I seem to really like the oddballs that aren't her singles. I find i like the sound production more than her voice hahah.

Just now, Ultra Violet said:

I've seen Florence mentioned a lot in here, and yes I think it's definitely about hearing the right song. 

She has a lot of material, and I honestly think her singles aren't for everyone so I don't blame anyone who isn't into her music based on what they've heard so far. 

I seem to really like the oddballs that aren't her singles. I find i like the sound production more than her voice hahah.

Do you have any recommendations?

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Radiohead.
I stan Bjork, so I thought that it will work perfectly, but I just find their music boring. Not bad at all, but I never come back to it. I LOVE Thom's soundtrack for Suspiria though. Suspirium is one of my fave songs ever.

12 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Weyes Blood, and it's not because I think she's overrated or anything, I think good music deserves recognition, but I have not listened to any of her songs in full because they don't grab me. I think if I heard her over the radio I'd like her music, but just trying to get into her in my own time isn't gonna work :ohno:

big same. i think she's v talented and her voice is gorgeous but somehow the songs don't hit.

aOaIzH2.gif

6 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

Do you have any recommendations?

I really like the witchy songs like Remain Nameless, Strangeness and Charm, Seven Devils, Bird Song Intro, and also Long & Lost.

Those are the ones I always go back to. 

1 minute ago, rightofjupiter said:

big same. i think she's v talented and her voice is gorgeous but somehow the songs don't hit.

That's totally it! I also think it's the comparison. The only reason I know about her is because of Lana and people saying "if you like Lana, you'll love this!" 

But then I listen and it doesn't affect me the way Lana's music did when I discovered it so I'm automatically less interested :(

I know one day I'll love it, but for now I'm not really looking for that sort of thing ahaha

Off the top of my head: Radiohead, Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish, Beyoncé, Fiona Apple.

I mean their discographies as a whole, there are sometimes a few songs I might like, but that's usually it.

Spoiler

Also, 'NFR!', but everyone knows that. :creep:

Everything about Marina is a miss for me :rip: Her music, her voice, the production of her songs, her lyrics... nothing clicked at all when I first heard her music like 10 years ago and it still doesn't click now :deadbanana:

Fiona Apple I just don't really like her music either. Just not my cup of tea.

See a lot of Florence here and I agree, don't really like her music. I feel like I would but I just don't unfortunately :whatever2:

I also tried getting into Tame Impala and I didn't like his music either. FKA Twigs aswell just don't really like her music.

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

1 minute ago, boom like that said:

Everything about Marina is a miss for me :rip: Her music, her voice, the production of her songs, her lyrics... nothing clicked at all when I first heard her music like 10 years ago and it still doesn't click now :deadbanana:

See a lot of Florence here and I agree, don't really like her music. I feel like I would but I just don't unfortunately :whatever2:

I also tried getting into Tame Impala and I didn't like his music either. FKA Twigs aswell just don't really like her music.

I liked your post then I saw Tame Impala. I was like :smh:

16 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

It was the same for me too, I was trying her out and I didn't really like her music as a whole. But then I found myself coming back to her and it just suddenly clicked and now I love her music. Its so weird how it worked that way but it did and I'm glad I eventually loved it cause her music fucking rocks :bop::hype: My favorite album is by far Front Row Seat To Earth, I think its what made me really enjoy her music.

34h2wyS.gif

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

1 minute ago, MAX DEL REY said:

I liked your post then I saw Tame Impala. I was like :smh:

LOL :rip:

Tbf I didn't give him that great of a chance and might revisit him again. Usually I listen through at least 2-3 projects in complete before I decide whether or not I wanna continue. But I think I was listening through only one album :rip: and my dinner was ready and I was like "yeah spaghetti.. :thirst::hawt:" and forgot about it. And when I got back I was in the mood for Lana and clicked off :deadbanana:

34h2wyS.gif

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

1 hour ago, boom like that said:

I love FKA Twigs but her music is very hard to get into for some people. She’s quite out there in terms of production and visuals. 

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

On 2/20/2014 at 12:32 PM, Lirazel said:

I really hope that I'm not the only one who had this problem...

You hear about a thing, let's say that it's some band. Maybe it's popular, maybe all your friends currently like it or recommend it to you... You have high hopes. The problem is that liking the thing might be harder than you thought... so you endlessly force yourself to listen to it, in hopes that sooner or later something's gonna click.

My personal example is Marina and the Diamonds. I've heard a lot about how interesting and smart her lyrics are, how creative she gets with her videos... Not to mention that a lot of feminists praised her. My friend is extremely into her. A lot of Lana stans also like Marina.

I really wanted to like her music, but obviously thing went awful. I found her first record boring, and Electra Heart was too... American-poppy for me (no offense). I tried to convince myself that I like it for a week or so, and then gave up.

Not to mention that I started hating her lyrics, because they were pasted all over tumblr like some Bible gospel.

Despite that, I must say that Bubblegum Bitch (I know that I kind of contradict myself, but what can I do) and Teen Idle are fun songs. :agree:

Have any of you guys and gals ever shared this experience? Doesn't have to necessarily be with music, can be with anything else (actually, I have another example - a certain writer's work - but I am not strong enough to get into this shithole right now :horror:)

Marinas music really, really, especially sucks in my opinion. Like pure trash and horror to my ears, and makes you depressed and just blegh 

On 1/18/2021 at 3:56 AM, Malibu princess said:

Marinas music really, really, especially sucks in my opinion. Like pure trash and horror to my ears, and makes you depressed and just blegh 

Marina hasn’t put out music that makes you depressed since 2012 what kinda hot take :rip:

ot: slayyter. The only thing she’s bearable on is the click remix 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)