Lirazel

Music (& stuff) people like that you tried to get into, but can’t

On 3/1/2022 at 5:14 PM, the ocean said:

this seems like a paradox this can't be real

like how could you not like ray of light - at least like respecting it :awkney2:

no offense meant it just doesn't make sense

fucking hate ray of light. :deadbanana:

and i always get shit on by FOTP Madonna stans cos they all say its the earth's magnum opus :deadbanana:

19 minutes ago, The Siren said:

tbf i didnt listen to everything :mj3:

you're not really missing much

HOWEVER in terms of the 80's synthpop + new wave groups depeche mode, new order, pet shop boys (i call them the big 3) are ABSOLUTELY essential

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

8 minutes ago, yourboy said:

olivia rodriogo... I could never get into her album... Never understood the hype for SOUR:crai:

when i hear her music or even just see her i just…. cringe. i don’t know what about it that makes me so annoyed but i don’t like it. 

i went to a friend i haven’t seen in a long time’s house a few months ago and a few other people i hadn’t seen in a minute from high school were there and they turned on sour and i was like “you guys like this.?” and they were like “don’t you reminisce about your high school crush listening to it!?” and im literally like no girl i’ve been graduated for two years.

so whenever i hear her or see her i think about that moment where i witness adults defy personal growth 

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, The Siren said:

i listened to SOUR once. i HATED every song. i tolderated Hope Ur Ok cos of the lyrics :true:

coming back to add that the album literally feels like a - how do i put this?? - cranky young teen who thinks they have life figured out in a single moment but when a relationship doesnt work out, they feel like their whole life is ruined :deadbanana:

1 minute ago, bigspender said:

when i hear her music or even just see her i just…. cringe. i don’t know what about it that makes me so annoyed but i don’t like it. 

i went to a friend i haven’t seen in a long time’s house a few months ago and a few other people i hadn’t seen in a minute from high school were there and they turned on sour and i was like “you guys like this.?” and they were like “don’t you reminisce about your high school crush listening to it!?” and im literally like no girl i’ve been graduated for two years.

so whenever i hear her or see her i think about that moment where i witness adults defy personal growth 

?width=580&version=1816617

4 minutes ago, The Siren said:

fucking hate ray of light. :deadbanana:

and i always get shit on by FOTP Madonna stans cos they all say its the earth's magnum opus :deadbanana:

don't get me wrong bestie i still like you... but what the fuck is this trash take :uh:

ray of light might be one of my favorite albums ever like period

skin in particular

VWTxdhc.gif

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

5 minutes ago, the ocean said:

don't get me wrong bestie i still like you... but what the fuck is this trash take :uh:

ray of light might be one of my favorite albums ever like period

skin in particular

VWTxdhc.gif

ive played the album like 5 times. i just cant get into it. :crai:

Just now, Cherry Blossom said:

i’ve said it before but i’ll proudly say it again. 
Ariana Grande :OG:

also, Selena Gomez (bad liar best song of all time tho), Demi, Björk, FKA Twigs, K-Pop genre :w8ing:

what have you heard from Ari and Demi? what did you absolutely hate?

i can give a top 5-10 of my favs if youd like to give them another chance.

Just now, the ocean said:

:crying3:

ive listened to Cellophane and didnt like it :true:

i still have yet to listen to Bjork at all but have wanted to for years by now :true:

I used to say that i couldn’t get into taylor swift but now i take it back :oop2:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

10 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

i’ve said it before but i’ll proudly say it again. 
Ariana Grande :OG:

also, Selena Gomez (bad liar best song of all time tho), Demi, Björk, FKA Twigs, K-Pop genre :w8ing:

also, i find watching react videos help too :true:

I tend to go through phases where I'll be super into an artist for a little bit, and then I never listen to them again and/or end up not liking the music at all. It's happened with Harry Styles (2019 was an interesting year for me), The Neighbourhood and Lorde most notably 

imageproxy.jpg