National Anthem

St. Vincent

4 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

Oh my, I just saw @HyperVelvetย comment on the pre release thread. We're getting new St. Vincent!?!?!?!? Blessed day!!!ย if It's only rumored excuse my excitement butย YAY!

It's true!ย 

Some time ago Eclipse tweeted some lyrics and the release date of the new single (which may be coming this Friday). The new album apparently comes out May 14th! We won

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

2 minutes ago, HyperVelvet said:

It's true!ย 

Some time ago Eclipse tweeted some lyrics and the release date of the new single (which may be coming this Friday). The new album apparently comes out May 14th! We won

Yessss!!!! Wow ugh the summertime with a St. Vincent album and Chemtrails? Hell yes 2021

1 hour ago, Still Sane said:

From the comments on the video:
"It's static, a woman's voice saying hello, then a male announcer that sounds very 70's lets us know that daddy's home. Music plays in the background."
"I heard Annie saying hello multiple times and "St. Vincent like you've never heard her before featuring the new single: Pay Your Way in Pain" with what I assume is that song playing in the background at a very low quality."
"
i called and it was some sexy saxophone and an announcement for her new upcoming album โ€œfeaturing the new single: pay your way in painโ€"

ย 

thank u! i am so excitedโ€“ none of her work since strange mercy has hit as hard as that album did for me (damn its perfect)ย but she's always pushing herself to try new things which i always appreciateโ€“ very excited to see her next move.

aOaIzH2.gif

It's a grower for me but it does slap and I love how sardonic it is omg

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"ย ย :makeup:

There is a comment comparing this to Bowie's Young Americans era and I don't really see it. Plastic Soul wasn't this bold. This is definitely more of a Golden Years situation :ma:

ย DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gifย SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Exclusive 8-Track Format - Randomly Selected Shell Color, Options of Red, Green, White, Gray, and Black. Limited Edition of 500 units worldwide.

1/1 Gold shell available

ย 

FUCK ME what a nightmareย 

ย 

19 minutes ago, electra said:

can anyone explain why the 8 track has a completely different tracklist? we got copies but we're not familiar with the format and we're confused? its split into "programs"?

An 8-track tape consisted of a 1/4"-wide magnetic tape mounted in a continuous loop around a single reel in a plastic cartridge. The tape moved at 3.75 in. per second, and at the end of a track a piece of conductive foil caused the player to change tracks. The single-reel structure could only move forward, so no rewind feature was possible. Another drawback was the fact that albums at the time were typically designed for vinyl records, which had two sides, and often lacked good break points at the one-quarter and three-quarters marks needed to divide them into the tracks of an 8-track, so sometimes songs were divided between two tracks with a noticeable pause in between, or other rearrangements were done to the album.

http://fileformats.archiveteam.org/wiki/8-Track

Sort of like a LP in "cassette" format. There are 8 tracks on the tape, where you can store up to 4 songs (stereo; 8 mono). That way your reach the length of a LP. So a program is basically what a LP side would be

1 minute ago, lamms said:

Sort of like a LP in "cassette" format. There are 8 tracks on the tape, where you can store up to 4 songs (stereo; 8 mono). That way your reach the length of a LP and you switch between the tracks ele

ย 

that's awesome! it'll be a cool thing to have. i'd love to play it to see how it works but it feels like the kind of thing where if you damaged it it would be a nightmare - like how cassettes are really prone to breaking.

ย 

Just now, electra said:

ย 

that's awesome! it'll be a cool thing to have. i'd love to play it to see how it works but it feels like the kind of thing where if you damaged it it would be a nightmare - like how cassettes are really prone to breaking.

Yeah it's definitely a cool collectible and fits the time well, however the quality is even worse than a cassette and wears more easily because of how it works.

Just now, lamms said:

Yeah it's definitely a cool collectible and fits the time well, however the quality is even worse than a cassette and wears more easily because of how it works.

ย 

yeah, this definitely feels more like a collectors piece than something you would ever want to use. and a pretty expensive one at that. i give her props for the creativity tho, wish lana would do something random and fun like thisย :wub:

ย 

38 minutes ago, lamms said:

There is a comment comparing this to Bowie's Young Americans era and I don't really see it. Plastic Soul wasn't this bold. This is definitely more of a Golden Years situation :ma:

I heard young Americans era Bowie straight away too. Kinda reminds me of ashes to ashes too