National Anthem

St. Vincent

Really into this one! The video distracted me, but after a few listens it clicked. 
Melting>Down>Pay Your Way. PYW is just fun, though, and I like that it was the first single.

5 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

is it better than masseduction

its a definite advancement from the funky synth sound masseduction brought to the table with some callbacks to her first three albums. if i had to describe it i'd say its a perfect amalgamation of strange mercy and masseduction

35 minutes ago, NEXTLIFE said:

As someone that absolutely hasn’t listened to any St. Vincent material besides Los Ageless should I listen to her album?

Absolutely. I was a fan of a song or two off of MASS but this album since PYWIP made me an absolute stan , cant wait to delve into her other stuff

i am so sad to say this but none of the new songs have really connected with me (though i listened to PYWIP a bit when it first came out). pre-ordered the vinyl when it was announced so i'll def be giving it a full listen, but this might be another s/t for me in that it just doesn't hit for some reason.

i used to love reading interviews with her and lately even her interviews seem uninteresting to me...just the same info over and over again. i know that's what a lot of press is, but i don't get a real sense of her being excited by this album or about her artistry atm. may be totally wrong, obvs.

aOaIzH2.gif

I’m so shocked to see such positive reaction to this everywhere. I absolutely love her music since probably 2014-15 and I HATE this album. I could barely finish any of the songs. 

the title track in particular is especially heinous to me. My god it annoyed me :rip: 

it seems to be trying so desperately hard to be 70s funk and soul inspired while also being totally fucking boring and beige at the same time :rip:  seeing universal praise is making me feel insane because I’m like surely I must be missing something then I try to listen again and it’s like no... 

maybe it will grow on me. probably not. such a fucking let down but I should have known as I really didn’t like any of the singles at all other than the first one sort of 

Somebody Like Me is my favorite on first listen (besides The Masterpiece of the Sun) but this was a very pleasant listen tbh.  can't wait to soak it all in cuz it defs isn't as immediate as Masseduction was imo (but that's not a bad thing).

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

55 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I’m so shocked to see such positive reaction to this everywhere. I absolutely love her music since probably 2014-15 and I HATE this album. I could barely finish any of the songs. 

the title track in particular is especially heinous to me. My god it annoyed me :rip: 

it seems to be trying so desperately hard to be 70s funk and soul inspired while also being totally fucking boring and beige at the same time :rip:  seeing universal praise is making me feel insane because I’m like surely I must be missing something then I try to listen again and it’s like no... 

maybe it will grow on me. probably not. such a fucking let down but I should have known as I really didn’t like any of the singles at all other than the first one sort of 

this is how I feel lol! I loved Actor & Strange Mercy, self titled and paaaarts of Masseduction. I was keen to hear this record but yeah I’m not enjoying it. 

the only bits I really like are Down (mostly just the first verse tbh...), Live in the Dream, and the first humming interlude lol :air2:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce: