National Anthem

St. Vincent

I totally get those who hate it, but I also am really enjoying it? Like it’s fully referential to sounds from the late 60’s and the 70’s and doesn’t do much to really modernize those references, but it’s very comforting on some level and undoubtedly beautiful. It’s got enough sonic and lyrical references that it reminds you of the other things you love, and in turn becomes one of those things itself. Honestly, it’s another welcome turn in St. Vincent’s ever shifting sonic pallet. Besides, with St. Vincent you can expect something totally different with every record and I’m sure whatever she does next will be a very different experience. 

lana thought: Live in the Dream is 100% how lana should be produced. It’s magical. 

I haven't been able to connect with it yet, I need to give it another listen with more attention... 

On 4/10/2021 at 9:30 AM, TrashMagiq said:

the incest admiring... country album’s coming i fear

8 hours ago, littleredpartydress said:

I’m so shocked to see such positive reaction to this everywhere. I absolutely love her music since probably 2014-15 and I HATE this album. I could barely finish any of the songs. 

the title track in particular is especially heinous to me. My god it annoyed me :rip: 

it seems to be trying so desperately hard to be 70s funk and soul inspired while also being totally fucking boring and beige at the same time :rip:  seeing universal praise is making me feel insane because I’m like surely I must be missing something then I try to listen again and it’s like no... 

maybe it will grow on me. probably not. such a fucking let down but I should have known as I really didn’t like any of the singles at all other than the first one sort of 

feel the exact same way! the only thing i liked was the chorus of live in the dream. hope i feel diff about whatever the next project is.

aOaIzH2.gif

I already know it's gonna be a grower on me. There's no BOP like on her past records (Birth In Reverse, Los Ageless, Cheerleader, etc.) so I think this is why it's harder for me to appreciate it, however I'm happy she explored this 60s-70s sound

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

WOW! Simply stunning. I’m completely lost in Down and Out Downtown, Live in The Dream, Somebody Like Me, My Baby Wants A Baby, and Candy Darling :wub: 

I fucking LOVE this album its definitely one that will get even better when I completely realize the story being told on my 54th listen :legend:def the honeymoon of her discography and its absolutely perfect for sun bathing :smokes3: the album sounds like a humid warm hotel room in the best way possible 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

hey apple music users can anyone screen record the full 48-minute zane lowe interview lol https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/st-vincent-the-daddys-home-interview/pl.5120ac298407424d896e56af97f8d185

i know shes just gonna say its post-flower child pre-punk 1971-1976 new york autographs in the visitation room flawed people doing their best to get by etc but i just wanna listen to it

X----into me, into you----X

8 minutes ago, PANG said:

hey apple music users can anyone screen record the full 48-minute zane lowe interview lol https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/st-vincent-the-daddys-home-interview/pl.5120ac298407424d896e56af97f8d185

i know shes just gonna say its post-flower child pre-punk 1971-1976 new york autographs in the visitation room flawed people doing their best to get by etc but i just wanna listen to it

:rip: 

5 hours ago, pin up galore said:

I fucking LOVE this album its definitely one that will get even better when I completely realize the story being told on my 54th listen :legend:def the honeymoon of her discography and its absolutely perfect for sun bathing :smokes3: the album sounds like a humid warm hotel room in the best way possible 

spot on! 

It's really hazy, slow, and spacy, but it's perfect for being lazy and stoned in your bed on the hottest day of summer. I'm in love.

Wow I don't think I've ever loved a St Vincent album as much as I love Daddy's Home, and it's only been out for two days:angie: Obsessed with the last four songs, especially Candy Darling:crai: