National Anthem

St. Vincent

This record is SO good, I can see it becoming a personal top 5 down the line. It’s engaging, fun, dark dark dark, and haunting. The last 4 tracks are perfection.

4 minutes ago, rabbit said:

This record is SO good, I can see it becoming a personal top 5 down the line. It’s engaging, fun, dark dark dark, and haunting. The last 4 tracks are perfection.

Yes! It's my favorite album of the year so far along with Chemtrails. And agreed, the run from Somebody Like Me to Candy Darling is absolute perfection.

I finally had a chance to listen to the whole album a few times and it's amazing! It's got such a breezy summer vibe while also being very interesting and unpredictable. Great lyrics, great production, great experience all around. One of the best albums of the year so far for sure!

A decent album. Amazed by all the singles, especially Pay Your Way in Pain, which is easily one of my favourite songs by her. However, as with St. Vincent discography, it turns out she always uses the best tracks as singles, and I was dumb thinking I'd find something as brilliant as them on the rest of the record. The other tracks are just good. I feel slightly disappointed because I really expected this album to become my favourite by her.

To sum up; love the atmosphere, love the concept, love the consistency, but I am not impressed by none of the songs but the singles. They are not necessarily bad, but it's background music, so to say. I can imagine myself sitting in a retro bar and hearing At the Holiday Party or Down and Out Downtown, enjoying the noise, but focusing more on my conversation with a friend. Yes, Live in the Dream is very good, but with the crowd of other tracks so similar it seems bland. Maybe I had too big expectations for this album? Wish it had more psychedelia which I adore so much. I'll probably stay with Strange Mercy and Actor. Go give those babies a try if you haven't.

original.gif

This album is gonna be so good to listen to with headphones on and a glass of alcohol while sitting at the window of your overpriced small appartement and feeling the summer breeze coming in (pollen included tho)

I know I'm late but finally this album grew on me. I really like the most of this record, but my favorites are: PYWIP, TMOTS, Somebody Like Me, DAOD, MBWAB and the title track. My only problem with this record is that it's kinda monotonous but very cohesive at least. The aesthetic is gorgeous, TMOTS' music video IS AMAZING, her best me thinks, her lyricism remains 11/10, she just did it again.

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Just bought tickets for the Colorado show, first time I’ve traveled state lines for a concert ? So excited to see the tour for this fucking amazing record :crai:

Where do we think Daddy's Home fits into the Jack Antonoff discourse? I adore the album and I think, other than the parallel between At The Holiday Party and Solar Power, that Daddy's Home is one of his most uniquely produced albums in ages. It's a bit reassuring to me that he can still make very different-sounding stuff, but maybe it's partially because, as far as I know, Annie has always been a bit more involved with the production on her music. What do you guys think?

nice cocc bro

5 minutes ago, lil aerosol said:

Where do we think Daddy's Home fits into the Jack Antonoff discourse? I adore the album and I think, other than the parallel between At The Holiday Party and Solar Power, that Daddy's Home is one of his most uniquely produced albums in ages. It's a bit reassuring to me that he can still make very different-sounding stuff, but maybe it's partially because, as far as I know, Annie has always been a bit more involved with the production on her music. What do you guys think?

definitely Annie’s impact. Jack doesn’t even have credits on every song on Daddy’s Home if I’m correct. Annie’s vision is very strong and I think they kind of worked more as a pair of producers here, whereas Lana/Lorde/Clairo maybe aren’t exactly producers in their own right.

H0bDaqU.gif

It took me wayyyyy too long to fully appreciate Daddy’s Home but now it’s one of my favourite albums of 2021. My fave tracks are “The Melting of the Sun”, “Live In The Dream”, and “My Baby Wants A Baby”. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹