Baby V Alex

Say Lou Lou

Another tracklist has emerged!

BnCipi4CAAE73aT.png

The next single is 'Nothing But A Heartbeat', and is coming in summer. Reviews for some of the tracks on the album have appeared:

Nothing But A Heartbeat is an energetic synth pop song from start to finish with a catchy chorus and Say Lou Lou’s trademark melancholic lyrics. “I've got no air in my lungs, got no bones in my body. There's nothing left inside of me. Nothing but a heartbeat."

All That Glitters is a throbbing disco rock banger that reflects the fun and warm nature of Say Lou Lou.

Love Is The Loneliest Place is one of the first songs the twins wrote with Janne Kask. A mellow song with a killer chorus containing lyrics that cry a sense of urgency and desperation. “We walk in mysterious ways, our love is the loneliest place. Sadness is touching your face, our love is the loneliest place.”

Skylights is likely the most promising song for the twins. This song is the definition of dream pop from its shimmering feel to its dreamy lyrics. This could definitely be a single. “Take a breath and so will I. Spin around and make good time. On the bottom of the ocean tide, on the bottom we start to come alive”.

Wilder Than The Wind is a saucy power ballad written with Hannah Robbinson (Beloved ) and Richard X. It’s a very poppy but cinematic song drawing some inspiration from David Bowie. "

Credit to Say Lou Lou Daily on Tumblr for all the info!

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I NEED to hear Nothing But A Heartbeat & Skylights, I adore the live versions.

Also sad that we've really heard all the songs already in some form  :(  November is a long time to wait for no new songs....

I NEED to hear Nothing But A Heartbeat & Skylights, I adore the live versions.

Also sad that we've really heard all the songs already in some form :( November is a long time to wait for no new songs....

I know, we will have hear 8 out of the 12 tracks :(

It's so annoying that they don't have any unreleased songs/demos lurking around! I just wish their song list was almost as extensive as Lana's :illumarina:

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

"Peppermint" might be their best yet imo. So atmospheric and reminiscent of Homogenic-era Björk with those airy vocals and beautiful strings :flutter: I'm getting so pumped for this album.

Couple of things:

- Does "Peppermint" have it's own single cover or no bc it's a b-side...?

- Do we have it in better quality than a soundcloud rip? And if so, could someone send me it??

- Do we have a title for the album now that the date has been announced?

H0bDaqU.gif

"Peppermint" might be their best yet imo. So atmospheric and reminiscent of Homogenic-era Björk with those airy vocals and beautiful strings :flutter: I'm getting so pumped for this album.

Couple of things:

- Does "Peppermint" have it's own single cover or no bc it's a b-side...?

- Do we have it in better quality than a soundcloud rip? And if so, could someone send me it??

- Do we have a title for the album now that the date has been announced?

No, no and no, unfortunately!

-Like Beloved, it used the same cover art as its "a-side"_.

-Everything We Touch is being released on June 2nd, so we should get Peppermint in HQ then, too.

-Still no name for the album! I'm expecting it to come around the same time that Nothing But A Heartbeat is released.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

No, no and no, unfortunately!

-Like Beloved, it used the same cover art as its "a-side"_.

-Everything We Touch is being released on June 2nd, so we should get Peppermint in HQ then, too.

-Still no name for the album! I'm expecting it to come around the same time that Nothing But A Heartbeat is released.

Okay, thanks! Also, do we have a tracklist, or a guess at one?

H0bDaqU.gif

Ugh I really hope that's not the real tracklist :( If anything they should just include the b-sides and make it up to like 12 tracks. I'd like 2 or 3 more new songs tbh though.

Me too. :( A deluxe edition with at least 4 new tracks would be totally awesome

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Well I'm not gonna lose all hope yet!

What is your favorite SLL song btw?

Ooooooh I really can't pick favourites! But I absolutely adore Beloved, Better in the Dark, Fool of Me, Peppermint and their cover of Feels Like We Only Go Backwards. How about you?

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Ooooooh I really can't pick favourites! But I absolutely adore Beloved, Better in the Dark, Fool of Me, Peppermint and their cover of Feels Like We Only Go Backwards. How about you?

Honestly probably "Peppermint". I also really love "Feels Like We Only Go Backwards". I haven't listened to any of the live tracks, so some of those could become faves too in the future.

H0bDaqU.gif

Honestly probably "Peppermint". I also really love "Feels Like We Only Go Backwards". I haven't listened to any of the live tracks, so some of those could become faves too in the future.

Same, I haven't listen to the live ones because I want to wait to hear the studio versions first. I just WISH FLWOGB would be on the album, it's just so utterly flawless

OAjeWdG.jpg?1