Sign in to follow this  
brettsrebellion

Tips for Attending a Lana Concert

Don't start any fights or push, people at Lana shows can get pretty aggressive in the pit and it only gets worse if you get yourself involved. If you wanna get close you have to wait in line for a very long time. Get in line early in the morning. Probably the only way you can get barricade on this tour is if you have silver but regular GA people will probably be pretty close. If you wanna get even closer to the barricade I'd recommend heading towards the side of the stage when you get in because everyone tends to crowd in the middle and you could probably even snatch a barricade spot at the very side of the stage if you were one of the first regular GA people in the arena. If at any time you are too uncomfortable because pushing starts, just head back to a more relaxed part of the pit, you'll have a better time and can just enjoy the show and have room to move without people pushing.

I've been to lots of shows and I've had GA for all except one and sometimes the crowds are super chill and nice and sometimes they're very pushy. Most of the time I've noticed that people are most pushy before the opening act, during the opening act, and between the opening and main. When the main act gets on people tend to chill out and just enjoy it. Except during Lana shows when she goes down to the barricade, then people freak out lol thank god she does that at the end of shows.

Another thing, if you brought a friend with you and you guys get separated at any time, just ask the people around you if they will let you through to get over to your friend. People are generally pretty understanding and let you through. It's easy to make friends at concerts because you all have a similar interest, the artist performing, so just be nice to everyone and enjoy yourself. Good luck & have fun!

(Also, bring water)

I actually had some questions myself.

I'm going to the wells fargo venue in philly. its pretty big. how early should I get there if I want the barricade?

I would ask the venue how early it is ok to be there. Sometimes it's ok to start a queue at 8 in the mornings, at least here in Sweden. Some hardcore fans camp a little bit away from the venue and then starts a queue at precisely 8, but I wouldn't recommend it unless it's summertime. It's too cold otherwise...

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

If possible, don't take bags with you. They will check them and this will make you lose time to get front row.

The only time I took a bag with me is when it is an outside venue and the weather is getting worse during the day, which is not a case for Lana's tour.

Take a battery pack with you to charge your phone - Youll be waiting 8-13 hours, so youre naturally gonna spend a lot of time on your phone since theres not much to do besides chatting with other fans.

If you want a CD to get signed, only take the booklet with you so you can put it in your pocket. Bring a pen - I remember in Montreux, Lana wasn't able to sign multiple people's stuff because none of them have brought a pen.

Take a plastic sack with you, so you can sit on it in case the ground is dirty. Or you could even buy a stool (like this 61PjwCyJTNL._SY450_.jpg), they are very cheap (5-10 dollars) and you can leave them outside the venue once the show starts. It probably wont get stolen, so you can take it home again after the show. I was very grateful to have one of these for my Locarno show, because the ground was made of cobblestone so it was extremely uncomfortable to sit on.

Idk about US fans - here in Europe, you'll get front row when you start queuing at 8-9 in the morning. make sure you only drink as much as you need to stay hydrated. 

It is no problem to leave the queue to go to the toilet or grab food etc. - if you ask the other ppl around you if they want something as well, you'll be liked and if someone is trying to steal your spot, they will fight with you to get it back (this happened to me, and I got it back), so be sure to be friendly and try to make friends with them.

Go to the toilet for the last time at least 1 hour before doors open. Usually, 60-30 minutes before they do, everyone in the queue is suddenly standing up and pushing to get a spot a bit more in the front, so if you get out of the lne then, you will lose your spot for sure.

Also, you cant go to the toilet during the show so keep that in mind. Only drink as much as you need to not get dehydrated. I usually drink half a liter of water in the morning and that is it, I can handle that but everyone is different in that aspect.

The security in the front usually hands out water, so do not hesitate to ask them to bring you a drink when youre feeling dizzy.

image.png

The floor crowd was relatively well behaved. Nowhere near as bad as it was for Lallapalooza in Chicago. Some pushing, but pretty good, you never felt crushed. Though it got hot, but considering how cold it was and they would occasionally let cold air in, it was okay. My guess is that East Coast Cities, Detroit and Chicago will be more pushy and crowded being big crowed cities, people are more used to being squeezed in tight places. 

Im going to the show in Florida on Feb 1st. Do you think 12 pm early enough to get dead center barricade?? I have Silver vip 

People with VIP will spend the night. Without Silver, there is no chance for barricade so you have that going for you. Friends of mine are sleeping overnight for the Houston show. I think crowds vary from city to city but the earlier, the better - especially if you want dead center. It's hard to get but can be done. I had silver for Endless Summer and got there at 3am and I got center. It was worth it! 

I have GA for the Houston show and I was wondering, do you have to be barricade to get something signed by Lana when she comes down to interact with the pit at the end of the show? Can you be 2nd or 3rd row for this to happen? I know I won’t get barricade because I don’t have the silver package.

I'm going to San Diego and I feel like her California crowd is the absolute worst of them all. I don't live there so I've never been to a concert in CA and I have no idea what to expect :/ but does Silver VIP kind of guarantee barricade? I won't be able to camp out overnight but I can probably get there as early as like 7am.. should I try and go earlier??

UbsOye5.png