Sign in to follow this  
Lana Del Rey

Chairlift

@ShuichiAmy do you happen to know where you can find Daylight Savings, Let's Turn L.A. Back Into A Forest and the Cool as a Fire demo?  if you can post links that'd be great but if you can't i understand (i have no idea where to start tho so ... im begging you lmao)

(also sorry for bumping!)

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

@ShuichiAmy do you happen to know where you can find Daylight Savings, Let's Turn L.A. Back Into A Forest and the Cool as a Fire demo?  if you can post links that'd be great but if you can't i understand (i have no idea where to start tho so ... im begging you lmao)

(also sorry for bumping!)

I've collected most stuff from Soulseek ages ago, when during the Something era.

In fact, there's a song, "Prepare", that I lost cause my old computer died, and that I hadn't backed up, and I'm SO angry, so so so SO angry that I don't have anymore.

I've collected most stuff from Soulseek ages ago, when during the Something era.

In fact, there's a song, "Prepare", that I lost cause my old computer died, and that I hadn't backed up, and I'm SO angry, so so so SO angry that I don't have anymore.

oh my god the way you finally replied to this (no shade just was absolutely stunned to see this notif)... i got the former 2 from a friend who had soulseek but i haven't found the Cool as a Fire demo still, any chance you can share it?  regardless, incredibly sad about Prepare though- have you looked into data recovery or anything like that?

oh my god the way you finally replied to this (no shade just was absolutely stunned to see this notif)... i got the former 2 from a friend who had soulseek but i haven't found the Cool as a Fire demo still, any chance you can share it?  regardless, incredibly sad about Prepare though- have you looked into data recovery or anything like that?

Yes! I was able to get it from an Old Phone I synced it to. I'm so happy.

Sorry about that, I never saw this and came to the topic to post.

As for the Cool as a Fire demo, I THINK it's actually an early live rendition.

I still feel Something was their best work. Don't get me wrong, the polish in Moth was IT. but Something came after high expectations from "mainstream" fans who literally found out about them due to the iPod commercial, and a rioting "indie" scene who criticized them for doing so (what I find completely ridiculous, it doesn't make you a good fan or true music savvy to not want commercial success for anyone, it's just plain toxic). Also, Aaron had left the band after a lot of drama.

The producers they worked with are IT. Jorge Elbrecht, Dan Carey, Josh Ascalon... And also, it was the very first time Caroline had a more active role besides vocals and keyboards, and Patrick producing.

My favorite tracks are the more unconventional ones, where you really feel Cocteau Twins, Bjork and Air influences (like Turning, Amanaemonesia and Peculiar Paradise).

I feel really heartbroken for their breakup. I even found out they came as MGMT's support band some time to my country and I didn't even know them at that time.

I still feel Something was their best work. Don't get me wrong, the polish in Moth was IT. but Something came after high expectations from "mainstream" fans who literally found out about them due to the iPod commercial, and a rioting "indie" scene who criticized them for doing so (what I find completely ridiculous, it doesn't make you a good fan or true music savvy to not want commercial success for anyone, it's just plain toxic). Also, Aaron had left the band after a lot of drama.

The producers they worked with are IT. Jorge Elbrecht, Dan Carey, Josh Ascalon... And also, it was the very first time Caroline had a more active role besides vocals and keyboards, and Patrick producing.

My favorite tracks are the more unconventional ones, where you really feel Cocteau Twins, Bjork and Air influences (like Turning, Amanaemonesia and Peculiar Paradise).

I feel really heartbroken for their breakup. I even found out they came as MGMT's support band some time to my country and I didn't even know them at that time.

Definitely agree. Something is just, WOW, what an album, it's filled with gems

12 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

Idk how i managed to pull it off but I can safely say i am now the proud ass owner of a Something LP.. BUCKET LIST RECORD! :kris:

still crushed they didn't repress for the 10th year anniversary :crai: congrats on getting one!!