toshi

Saddest / Most Depressing Lana Song

Get Drunk, Bad Disease, Hollywood's Dead, Methamphetamines, Last Girl on Earth, YBIATR and Find My Own Way.

I'd say Get Drunk is the saddest in terms of her voice, there's a certain vulnerability to it, especially when she says 'How do you like me now?' for the first time. And Find My Own Way really hits home for em. 

4r9w86.jpg

I have an entire album. It's called Never Let Me Go with NLMG, JFK, Starry Eyed, AFFA, On Our Way, Black Beauty, and I Don't Wanna Go (Tonight) and those songs are usually what I go to when I get really depressed and they kill me each time. From BTD, I'd say Carmen or Video Games... <3 

I also find Television Heaven kind of sad, her saying "I hope you remember me like this" is just rdctfvygbhun yeah... lol

Oh, and Damn You (American Dream) and Tired of Singing The Blues vygbhunj

And I think maybe There's Nothing To Be Sorry About? Idk. 

Every Man Gets His Wish... <3

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

Hawaiian Tropic; the lines 'Every man gets his wish, every man gets his wish/You told me this, now you're gone' and 'I remember/Party dresses' are so tragic, I can imagine this song serving the closing song to an album that starts with EMGHW

Never Let Me Go; I can't speak for everyone, but I personally think it's such a sad song because Lana sounds like she's really pleading for her bf not to leave her. I used to hear it as being happy, but after re-thinking it I believe it sounds like she's just saying 'please, please, don't leave me alone'.

Starry Eyed; 'They say make lemonade outta lemons/But I tried and I just can't understand it' and 'the sun's setting on our love, bye baby'. It's lyrically one of Lana's best songs to me, and I'm just blown away about how beautifully sad it is.

Your Band Is All The Rage; Just the whole message behind the song is sad.

The bridge of I Don't Wanna Go; Acknowledging how toxic the relationship is.

Try Tonight; the line 'but he will' is really matter-of-fact and tragic.

Bad Disease; mostly the ending, when she's begging for help but doesn't get it.

Peace; it's bittersweet

How Do You Know Me So Well; 'He said 'baby go to Hell'/And that was the demise of their love'

Next To Me; similar to Peace

Drive By; 'Is that what you wished/To leave me behind?' hits me, she's just so scared that K (?) hated her

Pretty Baby/For K (Part 1); Possibly the saddest one ever. Full of rejection and pleading, I can't get over how amazingly sad the lyrics are in this. The song by itself triumphs the majority of the BtD album IMO

Junky Pride; It's kind of like the more defiant version of Pretty Baby, but it's still so sad - she wants so much more but can't get it. 'I kiss you, I hug you/But I could not feel less connected from you'. Beautiful.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Man, there's a lot thinking about it. I hate it when people criticize Lana for her sad songs, like sad songs are a good thing too wtf. 

YBIATR really gets me, so does a lot of old May Jailer songs and other old acoustic songs, idk I just really feel sadness in her voice. Black Beauty is just so sad to me too, and IDWG particularly the bridge.

Man, there's a lot thinking about it. I hate it when people criticize Lana for her sad songs, like sad songs are a good thing too wtf. 

YBIATR really gets me, so does a lot of old May Jailer songs and other old acoustic songs, idk I just really feel sadness in her voice. Black Beauty is just so sad to me too, and IDWG particularly the bridge.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

Black Beauty, Pawn Shop Blues, Hawaiian Tropic, All You Need, and Disco. 

Hawaiian Tropic has a cheery sound to it but you aren't coming back and I know that now gets me every time and really sets/changes the mood of the song.

Your Band Is All The Rage, definitely for me, i also think T.V. In Black And White is pretty sad. There's Nothing To Be Sorry About made me cry too lol it was just "I'll do anything, for you, for him, or whoever else needs my help out there, i swear, i swear." It just sounded so pleading and desperate 

:sadcore3:

lH7Zs6V.gif      

I love this topic and I really need to catch up on listening to some leaks :defeated:

To be honest, I don't really see Black Beauty as that sad... to me it's typical Lana song. I guess the lyrics don't move me.

I find other songs mentioned here - the ones with more subtlety -  much more depressing.

i am nothing and should be everything

ngl I cried the first time I listened to You and Me because it was almost a spiritual experience (like how perfectly the lyrics fit my life idk how to explain it)  :crying4: and ever since then I've stanned for that song to hard

of course Video Games is always a good song to wallow in self-pity to when you're feeling sappy

there is a light & it never goes out

Get Drunk, Bad Disease, Hollywood's Dead, Methamphetamines, Last Girl on Earth, YBIATR and Find My Own Way.

I'd say Get Drunk is the saddest in terms of her voice, there's a certain vulnerability to it, especially when she says 'How do you like me now?' for the first time. And Find My Own Way really hits home for em. 

Get Drunk is depressing as fuck.  :sadcore:

tumblr_nir4q4a8RT1u4ss0ao1_500.png

Hmmm.. there really are so many I wouldn't know where to start. I was once homeless and in love with a man who was addicted to hard drugs.. so Fordham Road definitely hits home. I sing it to myself sometimes when I walk home at night. All You Need, Dear Elliot, Drive By, as well as Pawn Shop Blues! 

I am a shark,  beware of my bark