toshi

Saddest / Most Depressing Lana Song

hmm... it's hard... Off to the races if I take the lyrics serious and if i'm down... If  I just wanna cry gramma, or National anthem (video with the audio).

gosh I had others in mind but i forgot :(

tumblr_n7bs9s7hQR1qg8dzlo4_r1_250.gif

Blue Jeans has a lot of meaning to me. I get sad listening to it but it's also one of my fave Lana songs ever.

Her cover of Goodbye Kiss has managed to make me cry at times too.

Pawn Shop Blues - 'nuff said.

Chelsea Hotel - the melody and the lyrics and just everything. "That's it, I don't even think of you that often"..  :deadbanana:

Pride and Gramma.

Ofc Hollywood's Dead, oh my.

Velvet Crowbar!! 

I guess these songs would make a pretty saddening playlist for me. :icant:

Goodbye kiss and Chelsea hotel are indeed very moving covers. Normally I absolutely hate covers because almost always they are worst than the original but Lana just lets me forget about the original.

“It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.” ― Oscar Wilde

from this album is this happiness and old money (I actually cried when I heard it)

your band is all the rage

carmen

kill kill

oh say can you see

psb

pwyc

i don't wanna go

tostb

bel air

ride

all you need

god knows I tried

I'm really surprised no one has mentioned My Best Days... I have to skip that song sometimes because it's so sad to me. The mood of the music and the way she desperately sings "please don't leave..." are just too much if I'm not in a decent mood.

Also, the Black Beauty demo has made me cry before. The quiet, sad nature of the song, accompanied with her beautiful voice & depressing lyrics. I don't know how to describe the noises well, but in verse one the train-like sound wavering in the background along with the bell/chime noise sound is really moving to me. The album version doesn't hold a candle to the demo.

& Of course Is This Happiness. That song made me cry the first time I listened to it. It's one of my favorite Lana songs overall and it's just so beautiful. She sounds genuinely distressed the way she sings that song.

14417469274.gif

Is This Happiness is so tragic I have to skip it sometimes. Same with Flipside - it's so unbelievably sad.

The live version of Hundred Dollar Bill during the Lizzy days is quite sad to me. Whereas the studio version(s) are quite playful, the live version puts a sad spin on the song. The studio version sounds as if Lana is this self-assured, confident woman who sells herself for money and loves it. The live version suggests that Lana has been manipulated into selling herself and the 'but there's nothing more gorgeous than a hundred dollar bill' line makes it seem as if she's lamenting the fact that she no longer owns her body - it's property of Jimmy or whoever else sells her.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1