toshi

Saddest / Most Depressing Lana Song

Blue Jeans has a lot of meaning to me. I get sad listening to it but it's also one of my fave Lana songs ever.

Her cover of Goodbye Kiss has managed to make me cry at times too.

Pawn Shop Blues - 'nuff said.

Chelsea Hotel - the melody and the lyrics and just everything. "That's it, I don't even think of you that often"..  :deadbanana:

Pride and Gramma.

Ofc Hollywood's Dead, oh my.

Velvet Crowbar!! 

I guess these songs would make a pretty saddening playlist for me. :icant:

I have to add Old Money. At the time I wrote that I hadn't listened to Ultraviolence enough and now I did and Old Money is one of the saddest freaking songs I've ever heard. It's starting to get a meaning to me like Blue Jeans.

Pretty When You Cry and Is This Happiness are really moving songs.

And I also consider Body Electric as a kind of sad song and it depicts the mood of feeling alone very well.

These three might be my most poignant picks, too. Ride's monologue, too.

PWYC is so red-raw, you can't deny the power of its pain. She's trying to stay proud, but she's falling apart in it. The cracked voice is so important to its experience, as she says.

I've cried during Dark Paradise and Video Games. When I first heard the remastered version of Black Beauty, I teared up. But Pawn Shop Blues and Hollywood both kind of have a melancholy feel to them.

YOU CALL ME LAVENDER, YOU CALL ME SUNSHINE

"Some Things Last a Long Time" hurts my soul, literally painful... i get very nostalgic and sad, i can barely listen to this song, idk what makes it so haunting... :sadcore6:

also (it's kinda weird) i always tear up a little when i hear lana in "Video Games" singing:
"I've heard that you like the bad girls, honey, is that true?" - i know it's probably not the way i see it but i always feel like there's some good girl singing this to a bad boy, good girl who know that she would never be like the girls he likes and it breaks my heart :icant: :icant:

also: "Is This Happiness","Yayo", "Pawn Shop Blues", "Junkie Pride" or whatever this song is actually called, "Trash" demo and final version, "Terrence Loves You", "Flipside" :( :( :(

nsaalk.jpg

OLD MONEY ..... literally made me cry the first time i heard it. that's NEVER happened.

:defeated:

yeah, i forgot about this one :( i always have to forget about something important...

nsaalk.jpg

yeah, i forgot about this one :( i always have to forget about something important...

it's ok bby. i NEVER forget about this damn song because i've never had such a big reaction to a song. it hits really close to home because the only guy i ever truly loved (the one that got away) was from new york and use to call me KING OF NEW YORK CITY (king of his heart) and that part is when i let the flood out.

it's ok bby. i NEVER forget about this damn song because i've never had such a big reaction to a song. it hits really close to home because the only guy i ever truly loved (the one that got away) was from new york and use to call me KING OF NEW YORK CITY (king of his heart) and that part is when i let the flood out.

:crai: :crai: :crai: :crai: :crai:

"my" lana song is "Body Electric" i think... it's not that sad, tho, for me it's the song about madness... about losing yourself in the world of fantasy to the point where there is no escape from it. i was always creating my fictional worlds and felt bad with that and then lana literally came to me and said: "it's alright, i do it too" :defeated:

nsaalk.jpg

:crai: :crai: :crai: :crai: :crai:

"my" lana song is "Body Electric" i think... it's not that sad, tho, for me it's the song about madness... about losing yourself in the world of fantasy to the point where there is no escape from it. i was always creating my fictional worlds and felt bad with that and then lana literally came to me and said: "it's alright, i do it too" :defeated:

i feel you <3 

i hold a lot of emotional attachments to a lot of songs. i don't know what's it's like to not be an emotional person. it takes a special type of person to appreciate DEL REY for what she is. a poetic queen who speaks to a generation that she understands the most. 

i feel you <3 

i hold a lot of emotional attachments to a lot of songs. i don't know what's it's like to not be an emotional person. it takes a special type of person to appreciate DEL REY for what she is. a poetic queen who speaks to a generation that she understands the most. 

some people listen to her music, i listen to her heart, her soul, her lyrics.. i own her my life, she introduced to me so many amazing artists who then introduced me to other ones... i am who i am today because of lana del rey :crying5:

nsaalk.jpg

1. You're Gonna Love Me 

2. All You Need 

3. Try Tonight

4. Velvet Crowbar

5. Out With a Bang

6. Some Things Last a Long Time

You're Gonna Love Me seems to be a top sad song.. never thought about how it's scarred so many lives..