LDRO

Guidance: Topic Rules

After a lot of discussion on the Status Updates this afternoon, due to many reasons, including copyright infringement, I have listened to a few peoples opinions, and decided to create a guidelines to the topics you can create on this forum.

[From the 21st of September] You must now:

• If any news topic you post, give at least 1-2 (unless more) sources, so we can prove that either certain events, single releases are happening. Without this, the topic becomes unreliable.
  • Do not post any sort of leak what so ever on the forum. This includes music videos, and unreleased tracks. These then surface on tumblr, or twitter for bigger news companies to see and use in their articles.
  • On regards to downloads, do not post illegal content on this forum. As if you were a member on LanaDelRey.FM, the whole downloadable content was made inaccessible due to the amount of Mediafire links on the page. This can cause in the forum to become permanently deleted, as we do not want that again!

As other moderators can edit this post, please feel free to add more topic guidelines onto the list above. as I've only stated the reasonably obvious. If you have a problem with any of these terms, please feel free to inbox us on here.

• Do not post any sort of leak what so ever on the forum. This includes music videos, and unreleased tracks. These then surface on tumblr, or twitter for bigger news companies to see and use in their articles.
  • On regards to downloads, do not post illegal content on this forum. As if you were a member on LanaDelRey.FM, the whole downloadable content was made inaccessible due to the amount of Mediafire links on the page. This can cause in the forum to become permanently deleted, as we do not want that again!

This is really vague to me. Let me ask a series of leading questions. I'll start with this: Let's say a song leaks on tumblr. Can we link to the tumblr that leaked it?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

This is really vague to me. Let me ask a series of leading questions. I'll start with this: Let's say a song leaks on tumblr. Can we link to the tumblr that leaked it?

That's what I had been doing in the first place, however, apparently this is also wrong.

That's what I had been doing in the first place, however, apparently this is also wrong.

Are you certain that's illegal? But for the sake of argument, let's say it is. Now let's say a music site like Pitchfork writes an article about the leak. Can we link to that? Does it matter whether Pitchfork links to or embeds the leak?

Are you certain that's illegal? But for the sake of argument, let's say it is. Now let's say a music site like Pitchfork writes an article about the leak. Can we link to that? Does it matter whether Pitchfork links to or embeds the leak?

If articles have already published (because the only source they'd get will be tumblr, as all fansites do now not post links, and if the forum doesnt either) If this happens, yes I suppose you can post, however no download links should be provided on the forum.

Can we post information that merely says that a particular song has leaked on tumblr?

Some more questions: Imagine a situation like "A Star for Nick" and "Money Hunny" where the songs had been made available on a podcast. Can we link to that? Or what about a situation like "Dangerous Girl" where a producer put it up on Soundcloud. Can we link to that?

Can we post information that merely says that a particular song has leaked on tumblr?

Some more questions: Imagine a situation like "A Star for Nick" and "Money Hunny" where the songs had been made available on a podcast. Can we link to that? Or what about a situation like "Dangerous Girl" where a producer put it up on Soundcloud. Can we link to that?

Well yes, you always have to go in depth, I hate you ;) I mean, from now on, further leaks.

So by that logic we can never cite print articles that don't appear online?

:uh:

And if I include a link to the Le Figaro article I could restore the thread?

Well no, because Ben wanted it deleted.

Why can't everyone be positive, and just go by rules. This fanbase recently :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

Well no, because Ben wanted it deleted.

Why can't everyone be positive, and just go by rules. This fanbase recently :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

I'm not trying to be a dick here. I'm just trying to clarify what the rules are. It doesn't help when you don't cite the real reason why something isn't allowed.

But I didn't know we answered to Ben now, even when he asks us to remove something he has no legal basis for asking us to remove.

Guest Chloe

I'm not trying to be a dick here. I'm just trying to clarify what the rules are. It doesn't help when you don't cite the real reason why something isn't allowed.

But I didn't know we answered to Ben now, even when he asks us to remove something he has no legal basis for asking us to remove.

I know you want to know, but it would be easier for everyone if you just accept it. After all, Aaron (Lana Del Rey Online) is the one who has to deal with Ben, not us. Everything would be better if we just comply.

I'm trying to understand and hope that it never have to happened in the/my posting-future:

Well no, because Ben wanted it deleted. Why can't everyone be positive, and just go by rules. This fanbase recently

I assumed that if just with my luck I posted something; provided sourcelinks and went by the rule, it can still be deleted per Ben request?

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.