LDRO

Guidance: Topic Rules

Everything would be better if we just comply.

I'm sorry, but I had been under the impression that we were a free and open forum of information and discussion, not a bunch of lackeys for Lana's overzealous management. Thank you for enlightening me. A little transparency about this in the first place would've been appreciated.

If you're going to delete stuff arbitrarily at the whim of Lana's people, you should be up front about that.

Edited by evilentity

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Guest MissDaytona

What are we supposed to post then? How much we love Lana and everything she does? This is a fan site, he knows it isn't a place where things are leaked nor is it an official news source. I just think as long as we don't have download links, he has no authority to get the site taken down. And if he has an issue with certain information being spread, perhaps he shouldn't tell so many people or maybe he should go directly to the source.

PS) I appreciate everything Aaron, the moderators, and anyone who contributes to this site does.. I really like you guys- but I think this will really change the dynamic of the site.. and if they are already trying to impose these rules, there are sure to be more!

I actually agree with MissDaytona. I have checked the thread that was asked to be deleted, and it fits with these rules. Ben may have asked for it to be deleted, however it doesn't go against forum rules so why? Because it might 'ruin future plan's'? No. It's so that people don't get bored of the news quick enough that they lose interest by the time it arrives. Which is bollocks to me.

tumblr_mbs9cbxgQB1qh9kaoo1_500.gif

Guest MissDaytona

I don't even know anymore. I'm just leaving the forum. I can't deal with all this, when I'm the one getting emailed, and taken the blame for.

Aw, I'm sorry. :( It seems like there is always a fall guy with her management.

I don't even know anymore. I'm just leaving the forum. I can't deal with all this, when I'm the one getting emailed, and taken the blame for.

They shouldn't be blaming you, when you've done nothing wrong. Block their messages.

tumblr_mbs9cbxgQB1qh9kaoo1_500.gif

Aw, I'm sorry. :( It seems like there is always a fall guy with her management.

I'd rather just leave the forum. What I see on here is disgusting and disrespectful. No wonder people leave these social media sites and chatrooms. I'd rather not be involved in such a thing.

They shouldn't be blaming you, when you've done nothing wrong. Block their messages.

Universal are screenshotting and watching our tweets and everything. I just don't understand anything anymore

Guest Chloe

Some of you need to shut up, and just say 'yes, I agree to follow these rules.' You're not the ones who are being scrutinised by the FBI, Universal, and Ben. You know, you all complain about the people in Team Lana on Twitter, but most of you are one thousand times worse. I'm done. Goodbye.

It's kind of pathetic that people can't share their opinions on things and ask questions without people taking it too seriously and being rude. Some of these rules are stupid, and if someone wants to know why they're being enforced, then they have every right to ask, as members of the forum.

I want to know though, lots of the threads in the news section are rumors. Most of the Lana news is rumors. So we can't post any of that? The news section will be dead, then, if that's the case. Can someone elaborate on that for me?

14417469274.gif

Guest MissDaytona

Some of you need to shut up, and just say 'yes, I agree to follow these rules.' You're not the ones who are being scrutinised by the FBI, Universal, and Ben. You know, you all complain about the people in Team Lana on Twitter, but most of you are one thousand times worse. I'm done. Goodbye.

There's no reason to tell us to shut up.. people can have different opinions. If you have a problem with someone, perhaps address them instead of being passive aggressive.

There's no reason to tell us to shut up.. people can have different opinions. If you have a problem with someone, perhaps address them instead of being passive aggressive.

haha, i was just about to post something along the lines of that. only i'm not so nice.

4r9w86.jpg

1. Some of you need to shut up, and just say 'yes, I agree to follow these rules.'

2. You know, you all complain about the people in Team Lana on Twitter, but most of you are one thousand times worse. I'm done. Goodbye.

1. Then what? They say jump and you jump off a bridge?

2. Girl, "most of us" or at least the one I'm following on twitter who don't agree w/ you, never complain about anything especially on twitter, we just discuss Lana related items and projects. If having an opinion and standing for what you say make you a bad person then good people are all idiots. It doesn't make sense.

This forum isn't their thing, they have no right to dictate what they want in here. I'm not putting myself in a virtual prison.

up45I.gif

This kind of situation is not favorable for either party. As fans, it makes us defensive: "So now I can't post ______? My liberty is at stake here!!!"

For the managers, it causes them to look bad: guys, we don't know the terms of their responsibilities! For all we know, Lana's contract is written so that management are responsible for monitoring us! It's not our place to change the deal. . I 100% agree with Aaron on wanting to leave; a few key people have totally screwed up a whole bunch of possibilities.

For now, I am going to comply with these rules, however much I disagree and think that it's NOT the place of management to interfere.

A note to you, managers:

I appreciate what you are doing and have done. You're taking care of Lana, and not only am I thankful you're doing such a good job, but I am impressed with how much you care about her. I mean, I know it's technically your job, but still--you're showing a lot of diligence to make sure her and her rights(?) are not misconstrued. However, as a fan I am entitled to my own freedom in some ways, and I wish you would not be so adamantly involved in every aspect of our fan base.

"Wrong."

Okay. I had no idea the web was under such a new level of scrutiny now. Does Polydor have access to jurisdict what's posted anywhere?

For example, it's obvious they cannot overtake Tumblr, and prevent leaks from that site directly. Would it be any more SENSICAL for them to try and take over here?

I actually agree with MissDaytona. I have checked the thread that was asked to be deleted, and it fits with these rules. Ben may have asked for it to be deleted, however it doesn't go against forum rules so why? Because it might 'ruin future plan's'? No. It's so that people don't get bored of the news quick enough that they lose interest by the time it arrives. Which is bollocks to me.

This is VERY true, Riley! I can see theirs angle with that in mind, but hey--when Someone mentions something they shouldn't, and it becomes an issue affecting the entire fan base because of a rumor, then it's not our fault for "spreading" it. If it's as imperative as it seems to e that all news is officiated, then there's absolutely no fun left to be had in participating in any news section. And that's the truth.