lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

The verses are awful, sorry. I might end up liking the song after a while cause I loved the chorus but honestly the verses feel choppy and unimaginative... I hate the you got the music in you sounds like a teeny pop song :smokes3:

When you take "you got the music in you" in context it's quite gorgeous. As I said in the lyric thread, she is referencing her sobriety and people saying she's not having fun unless she's drinking but she has found "the music" in this guy that has made her feel alive again. Then she talks about people in the West Coast having their shallow, Hollywood icons (Queen of Saigon reference), but her guy simply has "the music." It's stunning.

I like that it reminds me of Lee Hazlewood's "Some Velvet Morning" (the tempo changes) and the bit similar to Stevie Nicks "Edge of Seventeen" 

Haha I told you guys it would sound like Lee Hazlewood and Nancy Sinatra!

Guest Dot

The only complaints I have are that the verses and the chorus don't really go together and the first verse sucks.

Basically what I've been saying...I listened to it a few times now and it's growing on me a little bit, but I'm sure it's still going to be one of my least favs from UV.

I like the sound of the song, and Lana's vocals. I'm not a huge fan of the verses, the lyrics are quite weak and very repetitive, but the chorus is sooo good. I think I'll appreciate West Coast more when listening to it on my headphones than on speakers. I don't know, I'm weird like that. 

And to those who complain about me expressing my opinion here:

People have been hating on Paradise and Born to Die this whole entire time, because it wasn't their genre. I'm glad for those who finally got the genre-change they wanted from Lana but I'm not gonna pretend liking something that is not my cup of tea just like people did when Paradise came out.

It's all good and let it all out. We got ya, but just as your constant trolling with Cola to be a single, it gets annoying real quick. Sorry  :hooker:

Guest Dot

I beg to differ

Beg as much as you want. There will always be people who LIKE and DON'T LIKE something. It's okay to have your own opinion of something. We are not supposed to like everything Lana does. This is not fucking Gagadaily, this is Lanaboards!

I like the sound of the song, and Lana's vocals. I'm not a huge fan of the verses, the lyrics are quite weak and very repetitive, but the chorus is sooo good. I think I'll appreciate West Coast more when listening to it on my headphones than on speakers. I don't know, I'm weird like that.

it really does make a huge difference with headphones ! It's something more trippy but very nice - it is quite weird but it's amazing haha

Guest Dot

It's all good and let it all out. We got ya, but just as your constant trolling with Cola to be a single, it gets annoying real quick. Sorry :hooker:

Did I mention that I'm sure a re-worked Cola will be part of UV and will be the second single? :godlaugh: :troll:

Honey, my "trolling" about Cola being a single was based on Lana saying it would be. Nothing more, nothing less.

Lana Del Rey - West Coast (Audio)

Buy Lana Del Rey 'West Coast' eSingle

http://smarturl.it/WestCoast

Why would she post that if it's "supposed" to be released in May? I think that it's another mistake with the website.. Because only a fool would release the audio and then the exact same audio the next month on iTunes ?

Beg as much as you want. There will always be people who LIKE and DON'T LIKE something. It's okay to have your own opinion of something. We are not supposed to like everything Lana does. This is not fucking Gagadaily, this is Lanaboards!

You're allowed to dislike it, but you also don't need to try and bring everyone else down while we're enjoying it.

Did I mention that I'm sure a re-worked Cola will be part of UV and will be the second single? :godlaugh: :troll:

Honey, my "trolling" about Cola being a single was based on Lana saying it would be. Nothing more, nothing less.

I just think that we have gotten your point. Everybody is free to dislke whatever they want. You do overreact a bit. Guess what, people disagree with each other on a daily basis and you are a biT over dramatic. Log off and do something else in the meantime and then come back. Your temper is really not a German one.

Lana Del Rey - West Coast (Audio)

Buy Lana Del Rey 'West Coast' eSingle

http://smarturl.it/WestCoast

Why would she post that if it's "supposed" to be released in May? I think that it's another mistake with the website.. Because only a fool would release the audio and then the exact same audio the next month on iTunes ?

It's an incredibly stupid move on Interscope's part. The song has already spread like wild fire, it's a song that will probably bring critical acclaim and definitely some airplay, but releasing it a month after it's already uploaded is dumb. Nobody but real fans will buy it. Everybody will already have it downloaded.

Guest Dot

You're allowed to dislike it, but you also don't need to try and bring everyone else down while we're enjoying it.

OMFG I'm not trying to bring anyone down. Come on...I said I'm happy for everyone who wanted a genre-change and who wasn't a big fan of Paradise and now has something they can enjoy. It's just that BTD/P was more my type of music and I don't really like the way this song was executed. I like the new genre. It's exactly how I imagined UV to be honest. I just don't like the verses, which is more because of the melody, in particular. The chorus is amazing and I really adore it, but in order for me to enjoy a song I would have to like every bit of it and that's just not the case with West Coast.

It's an incredibly stupid move on Interscope's part. The song has already spread like wild fire, it's a song that will probably bring critical acclaim and definitely some airplay, but releasing it a month after it's already uploaded is dumb. Nobody but real fans will buy it. Everybody will already have it downloaded.

That's a pretty standard UK release date...I'm just hoping the US isn't also around that time.

Guest Dot

I just think that we have gotten your point. Everybody is free to dislke whatever they want. You do overreact a bit. Guess what, people disagree with each other on a daily basis and you are a biT over dramatic. Log off and do something else in the meantime and then come back. Your temper is really not a German one.

:wtfney:

That's a pretty standard UK release date...I'm just hoping the US isn't also around that time.

Well that's what I'm saying. I'm not sure how UK releases work, but in the US it's not a great move on their part.

In all honesty I don't think it was supposed to go down like this lol we will see today because it has to be a mistake !