lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

Alright, so I've had a couple of hours and more than enough plays to critique the song now lol Overall, I do enjoy it, but I think it is a bit of a grower, because not one element stands out at me. Perhaps my biggest qualm is that I wish they tampered with the vocal layers a bit less, because I think some of the song is ridiculously hard to decipher. I do like this more rock route she is going, and it really fits the 'surf metal/ noir' sound perfectly in my mind. I see UV as soundly like a darker and more hardcore version of AKA. The sythns at the end were a nice touch, and as well as the guitars and drums which were amazing. Lana had some nice lyrics, but I still wish there was more of a bridge. A climax before the synths came in would have been the cherry on top.

On it's reception: I am really amazed about how much critical and just general acclaim it has been getting. I bet that they weren't going to release it on iTunes until May 18th, but were staggered by its reception as well. TBH, I think she owes all this hype and praise to the fans. Without this fanbase, I doubt this would have blown up as much as it has today. Your welcome, Lana.

But yeah, overall I like it. I wouldn't say it's my fav Lana song, but probably in my top 15 at least. Can't wait to see the video, hear more songs, and see how her career progresses in the GP's eye. :lanahairflip:

2dt29zc.jpg

Alright, so I've had a couple of hours and more than enough plays to critique the song now lol Overall, I do enjoy it, but I think it is a bit of a grower, because not one element stands out at me. Perhaps my biggest qualm is that I wish they tampered with the vocal layers a bit less, because I think some of the song is ridiculously hard to decipher. I do like this more rock route she is going, and it really fits the 'surf metal/ noir' sound perfectly in my mind. I see UV as soundly like a darker and more hardcore version of AKA. The sythns at the end were a nice touch, and as well as the guitars and drums which were amazing. Lana had some nice lyrics, but I still wish there was more of a bridge. A climax before the synths came in would have been the cherry on top.

On it's reception: I am really amazed about how much critical and just general acclaim it has been getting. I bet that they weren't going to release it on iTunes until May 18th, but were staggered by its reception as well. TBH, I think she owes all this hype and praise to the fans. Without this fanbase, I doubt this would have blown up as much as it has today. Your welcome, Lana.

But yeah, overall I like it. I wouldn't say it's my fav Lana song, but probably in my top 15 at least. Can't wait to see the video, hear more songs, and see how her career progresses in the GP's eye. :lanahairflip:

Exactly how I feel. But it's like in my top 5 songs, I really do love it.

I'm curious, whats your favourite lana song?

Exactly how I feel. But it's like in my top 5 songs, I really do love it.

I'm curious, whats your favourite lana song?

My fav Lana song isn't what I would say is her best if technically speaking, but in terms of what I enjoy to listen to the most, it is Summertime Sadness. If I were rating her songs on a more... critical basis (not just what I enjoy the most, but what seems the most advanced in writing, singing, and production), then West Coast would probably be in the top 10, possibly top 5.

2dt29zc.jpg