lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

Tbh I wouldn't have minded the title to be "Dear Alex", sounds better in my opinion :icant:

ultraviolence as a title is already kinda juvenile imo, i don't want an a clockwork orange tribute album

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

ultraviolence as a title is already kinda juvenile imo, i don't want an a clockwork orange tribute album

Yeah I never really got the title, Lana's work is hardly aggressive. I know she takes a lot of inspiration from classic writers but I just don't see the title fitting with the descriptions so far about the music. Guess it will all be clear at some point.

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

tbh I was hoping a video would have already been done, but these pictures look so cute! Finally a stereotypical wet tee shirt beach video :omg: I can already sense the memes coming from that last pic though hahah

2dt29zc.jpg

Guest Dot

Lana *apparently* filming the video for West Coast in LA yesterday (credit to @LanaDReyOnline on twitter):

BkZQb0jCcAAA4s3.jpg

BkZQo9gCQAEOV2W.jpg

BkZQt5mCAAAi9Yw.jpg

BkZQ67dCQAAqbRt.jpg

BkZRF80CIAAzXKK.jpg

OMG!!!!!

tumblr_m7y2cwGWJf1rcwfvso2_500.jpg

I think it was already pointed out somewhere in these boards that the word "ultra" has a double meaning: extremely (as in ultramodern) and beyond (as in ultraviolet). Interestingly, the choice between succumbing to violence and going beyond violence is also reflected in the final chapter of A Clockwork Orange in which Alex willingly foregoes violence: the chapter was omitted in some editions because the publisher thought it was unrealistic (Kubrick ditto). Looking back at Lana's reference to violence in Bel Air ("the violentest kind of love") she will probably also interpret "ultraviolence" not as a choice between the two meanings but, on another level, as a union of them, like a combination of masculine thrust and feminine nurturance. All of this would be a continuation of Lana's previous efforts to portray the struggle to reconcile the masculine and feminine impulses into something creative and the tragic consequences - destructive or numbing - of the failure to do so.

Watching all our friends fall in and out of Old Paul's, this is my idea of fun

I think it was already pointed out somewhere in these boards that the word "ultra" has a double meaning: extremely (as in ultramodern) and beyond (as in ultraviolet). Interestingly, the choice between succumbing to violence and going beyond violence is also reflected in the final chapter of A Clockwork Orange in which Alex willingly foregoes violence: the chapter was omitted in some editions because the publisher thought it was unrealistic (Kubrick ditto). Looking back at Lana's reference to violence in Bel Air ("the violentest kind of love") she will probably also interpret "ultraviolence" not as a choice between the two meanings but, on another level, as a union of them, like a combination of masculine thrust and feminine nurturance. All of this would be a continuation of Lana's previous efforts to portray the struggle to reconcile the masculine and feminine impulses into something creative and the tragic consequences - destructive or numbing - of the failure to do so.

I think something like what you said was said before but you can't really take a word that was invented for one book and has a very specific meaning and is only used in that context, twist it to make it romantic and use it for your album. In the book it's used to refer to extreme violence and nothing more than that, it's not some deep concept, it's just one word, part of the dialect Anthony Burgess invented.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Guest Dot

I can't wait to see the video, and the single cover.

Let's hope Naomi Shon took some grammar lessons. :troll:

I hope there is a decent story occurring throughout the video. I don't want it to be like Nicki Minaj's Starships (like really what has a starship got to do with a beach apart from the first lyric [LET'S GO TO THE BE-EACH])

Lana.pngAngel-Headed Hipster