HausOfMark

How many tracks on Ultraviolence?

with the future release of Ultraviolence...

How many tracks do you think the album have?

Born To Die had 13 (17 Target edition) and Paradise had 8 (9 itunes edition)

Standard edition: 13/14

Deluxe/Target edition: 17

(Watch her pull a Taylor Swift with a full 16 track standard album and then like a 22 track Target edition... omf, that would KILL me. "Leave no track behind because they'll leak anyway!" could be the promo advertisement for it. lmfao )

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

I really like the idea of having a short, concise album of 10 tracks of SUPERB QUALITY, no filler. You can only get away with having such a short album if each track is meticulously produced (not to be confused with "over-produced")... I'm talking Yeezus and The Idler Wheel and Funeral, each with 10 tracks. (Metacritic scores respectively: 84/100, 89/100, 90/100, compared to Lana's 61/100 and 64/`100 for Born to Die and Paradise (EP)).

This will probably never happen. :defeated:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I really like the idea of having a short, concise album of 10 tracks of SUPERB QUALITY, no filler. You can only get away with having such a short album if each track is meticulously produced (not to be confused with "over-produced")... I'm talking Yeezus and The Idler Wheel and Funeral, each with 10 tracks. (Metacritic scores respectively: 84/100, 89/100, 90/100, compared to Lana's 61/100 and 64/`100 for Born to Die and Paradise (EP)).

This will probably never happen. :defeated:

so which tracks would u have cut from BTD for 10 tracks? [just curious  :creep: ]

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

so which tracks would u have cut from BTD for 10 tracks? [just curious  :creep: ]

I hate Born to Die. The only track worth saving is Video Games. :creep:

The production strikes me as very "style over substance". (That's generally how I feel about Lana, now that I think about it.) 

~Lush strings over hip hop beats~ sounds good in theory, but it was executed very poorly. It just lent itself to an over-slick, over-produced sound, the production wasn't organic and resembled an assembly-line and it was just.... a disappointment. What you had was, for the most part, an album of songs where the original production was stripped and new production that pandered to that sort of "hip" crowd, with their tumblr-loving aesthetic or whatever was built "around it". The reason why the demos were superb were because it wasn't chasing a sound, instead, the production and lyrics were growing organically along side each other. Basically, tailor-made vs cramming something into a box, that's what it comes down to for me. The former will always win.

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I'm here for 18 or more tracks.

Not here for that quality over quantity bullshit we all know all tracks are gonna be great and that's just a fact. (Unless she decides to put Moie Joue on the album but well, I have faith in her :pray:)

The more music we get the better, who knows how long until the next leak or the next album release, we need this!