kingadam

Lana Del Rey gets a Billboard Music Award Nomination

She could use the promo opportunity and sing West Coast or something....this is televised right? :creep:

I don't think she's big enough to sing there but at least she could go and give some nice red carpet interviews in order to promote UV. her chances to win an award but also be much higher if she attented. it's always lame when the winner isn't present  :awkney:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

I doubt Lana will be attending any award shows unless it's something huge like the Oscars or something but we know they don't want her there :P

Remember, she was hidden in a motel when they held the Grammys. It was painful to see those photos, she was clearly depressed by the situation. That stupid remix had the biggest chance to win, how could she attend that ceremony? Putting on a brave face for Cedric's win, a nobody who put some beats on her song while she was trashed all over the place? (I cringed when I saw Cedric face holding the grammy). And now nominated randomly, what would be the reason to attend? To promote UV? Forget the promotion of UV.

Remember, she was hidden in a motel when they held the Grammys. It was painful to see those photos, she was clearly depressed by the situation. That stupid remix had the biggest chance to win, how could she attend that ceremony? Putting on a brave face for Cedric's win, a nobody who put some beats on her song while she was trashed all over the place? (I cringed when I saw Cedric face holding the grammy). And now nominated randomly, what would be the reason to attend? To promote UV? Forget the promotion of UV.

I think she was angry, but not too depressed. It seemed to me like the Grammy's and LDR were firing metaphorical missles at each other. For instance, in the major pop categories (and only there), they were announcing the nominees, by showing people on youtube covering the songs rather than showing the artists, so when the Pardise EP was announced as a nominee, I saw a male dude covering Ride. Yuck. They also announced her other two categories (remix, and original song from movie) off the main event, so it was like (from the point of view of the Grammy's), they had this idea of not visibly acknowledging her. However, LDR had that huge presence intrusion with the Maleficent commercial, which (to whimsical paranoids like me) seemed like retaliation.

I would have preferred her to show up at the Grammy's and just act casual to deflate things, sort of be like "next year bitches". But she's an introvert, and I can respect that.

I don't ever want to see her at the grammies, at the MTV awards, at the Billboard awards or any other shit hole place that hands out awards to trash like Bieber, 1 Direction, Swift or whatever other child of the year is making shit albums.

:derpna2:

I don't ever want to see her at the grammies, at the MTV awards, at the Billboard awards or any other shit hole place that hands out awards to trash like Bieber, 1 Direction, Swift or whatever other child of the year is making shit albums.

Don't you dare call Taylor Swift shit. Thank you.