Sitar

Boarding School

I just don't think p-p-pepsi would make sense.

L-l-let’s do drugs

Make love with our teachers

Come on now and tell me where his tattooed-ass beat ya

I’m a fan of pro-ana nation

I do them drugs to stop the f-food cravings

If you wanna get high with me, I’m in the back

Doing crack, drinking vodka / P-P-Pepsi

That verse is all about being a badass at boarding school, why would she talk about drinking pepsi while doing crack?

Because she's still a child in boarding school. She thinks she grown up taking drugs and sleeping with teachers and yeah she does think she's badass but her drinking pepsi kind of reminds us that she's meant to still be a young lolita type figure.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I actually give up with most of you

I can't even imagine how you are even remotely hearing this, and making such a confusion over the simplest, most insignificant lyric

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I never heard "Yale" before watching the live video, but now I hear it in the studio version too.

It's definitely "Tommy with his tattoo-ed ass feature" (not sure of the words immediately before that, but I think "Come on little").

Also definitely "p-p-Pepsi." The first vowel is not "ah" or a short "o" like in vodka. If anything it's a short "a" (like in Pabst :teehee: ).

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

and we all know which won that, the simpler, more obvious one. :oprah:

Yeah, well, I'll be enjoying my vodka Pepsi while the rest of you Bonnie and Kevins are stuck on neon reservations with your bread and lunches.

:hottie:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

"P-P-Pepsi"/"vodka Pepsi" is the new "axiom/accion".

:groundhog:

Trash and I don't speak anymore after our huge blowout over a tiny lyric :heidi:

You guys need to set aside your differences for the sake of your internet friendships, this will tear the forum apart, mark my words   :ohno: 

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

You guys need to set aside your differences for the sake of your internet friendships, this will tear the forum apart, mark my words   :ohno: 

I always said it was indian reservations.  :crossed:

It wasn't my intention to imply that Trash was on the wrong side of all of those lyric disputes, but I hope no one's taking any of this that seriously. It's all in good fun.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

That verse is all about being a badass at boarding school, why would she talk about drinking pepsi while doing crack?

Because she's being cute and playful and maybe even a little nonsensical in that cute and playful kind of way  :hooker:

"P-P-Pepsi"/"vodka Pepsi" is the new "axiom/accion".

:groundhog:

Vodka Pepsi is to evilentity what neon reservations is to PrettyBaby. Keep fighting the good fight, you guys. 

KINKY MOM PANT ASS & PHOTON DADDIEZ 4-EVA

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

:oprah:

Like Bonnie and Kevin :oprah:

Yeah, well, I'll be enjoying my vodka Pepsi while the rest of you Bonnie and Kevins are stuck on neon reservations with your bread and lunches.

:hottie:

Rats :oprah:

I'm not even stressed about the Pepsi line (although I'm a proponent of P-P-P :hooker:), it's the tattooed line I can't decide on :icant:

Because Pepsi is what her pussy tastes like, duh  :creepna:

L-l-let’s do drugs

Come on now and tell me where his tattooed-ass beat ya

I’m a fan of pro-ana nation

I do them drugs to stop the f-food cravings

Doing crack, drinking vodka / P-P-Pepsi

She stutters other words in the verse too, so why not P-P-Pepsi? It makes more sense to me that it'd be stuttered to go with L-l-let's & f-food. 

14417469274.gif

L-l-let’s do drugs

Come on now and tell me what his tattooed-ass feature

I’m a fan of the pro-ana nation

I do them drugs to stop the f-food craving

Doing crack, drinking P-P-Pepsi

1olt2g.jpg

In the live version it sounds like she says 'po po pepsi'.. or is that just a result of the stuttering

Yeah to me it kind of sounds like that and Coca or Coco pepsi. Makes no sense. :P

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

tumblr_mde6u9bYTO1r6h22v.gif

So bear with me as I try not to look like an idiot.

Numero uno, I hear "Come on, baby, tell me where his tattooed-ass beat ya." It's right based on my biased support of it because I just find it sexier.

That Yale line...I hear it, and I also hear "Yeah/Yo, that's/it's not a problem, let's solve it." I do hear "love," but not too often.

I also think that when she's saying the "not a problem, let's solve it," it'd segue into the tutor lyric if we instead think of it as the "you" of the song like a student (obvi Lana) having difficulty with figuring out/solving something that's otherwise very simple (which makes it a problem for them), and Lana (from the scandalous teacher's perspective) is just basically saying, "It's very simple, let's do it together," since "let's" is short for "let us," so basically the teacher is..."helping" Lana with his expertise because she's having a bit of a problem with what would be a cakewalk for him.

Which, whether the problem is getting the scholarship itself or getting into Yale (because she can't get the scholarship because she doesn't have the grades to get it) is the problem, my interpretation is, basically, that sex between her and the teacher is being traded so that way he gives her the grades/letter of recommendation to get the scholarship and/or get into Yale...because I'm pretty sure not too many people are doing crack in the back of the school and acing As all across the board.

So...yeah... :runs: