Greenwich

West Coast

Regarding Lana being Cuban... I don't know why it's so hard for Lana fans to accept the fact that Lana is an Artist and uses her 'Artistic License' in writing most of her lyrics. Do you really think she was a prostitute in Nevada or that she burned a house down, or that she murdered her boyfriend and stuck him in a trunk? Just because she sings "He's crazy y Cubano como yo" does not mean that she's Cuban, it means she is using Artistic License to tell a story that's not even necessarily about herself.

Not everything she writes is autobiographical nor does it have to be. She even said in Prom Song that she likes to "make up stories about my life and put on very cherry balm" but even that could be a part of the story for all we know. Like Lana's tat says: "Trust No One" ...Even Ms. Del Rey herself.

It reminds me of when I started listening to Tori Amos at a young age and I didn't connect the fact that Tori was telling a story with her lyrics and that she didn't actually experience certain things she described in her songs. I was just too young to grasp the concept at the age of 11 that someone would make up stories and sing about them.

For example: Me and a Gun vs Professional Widow or Mr. Zebra. Me and a Gun is based on her real life experience being raped at knife point (Even Tori used her Artistic License to change details in a real story for the benefit of the song), where Professional Widow is about having power over a man and convincing him to commit suicide through his addiction. Mr. Zebra is about a woman poisoning a man through food. Both the last two songs I mentioned are notoriously known for potentially being written from the perspective of Courtney Love killing Kurt Cobain, though Tori has never confirmed or denied it. (Tori and Kurt were friends way back when). Again, Artistic License. Tori didn't actually poison someone or convince them to OD.

Tori is also really awesome at describing almost every song she has written and telling fans what it's really about or how she came up with certain lyrics. There's whole websites devoted to Tori's song meanings and what she has said about each one. Love her for that! I only wish Lana did the same instead of being so cryptic, but that's part of what makes her so enigmatic. 

Not everything she writes is autobiographical nor does it have to be. She even said in Prom Song that she likes to "make up stories about my life and put on very cherry balm" but even that could be a part of the story for all we know. Like Lana's tat says: "Trust No One" ...Even Ms. Del Rey herself.

Lmfao XD

You just got done saying that not everything is autobiographical but yet...  :thumb:  :horror:

I get the point you were making, but you literally contradicted yourself...

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

Lmfao XD

You just got done saying that not everything is autobiographical but yet...  :thumb:  :horror:

I get the point you were making, but you literally contradicted yourself...

Did you read the rest of the sentence before you quoted me?? The part where I wrote: But even that could be part of the story for all we know. 

I know... Reading comprehension is like super hard.  :eek:

Did you read the rest of the sentence before you quoted me?? The part where I wrote: But even that could be part of the story for all we know. 

I know... Reading comprehension is like super hard.  :eek:

lel sure, okay. Like I said, I get what you were getting at, but still.

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

I transcribed what I can hear anyway. To me it sounds pretty accurate:

You’re falling hard/flyin' high, I push away, I’m feelin' hot to the touch

You say you miss me, I wanna say "I miss you so much"

He's crazy and Cubano como yo la la

Down on the West Coast, they got their icons

Their silver starlets, their Queens of Saigons

Their golden Gods and rock 'n' roll groupies

You push me hard, I pull away, I’m feeling hotter than fire

I guess that no one ever really made me feel that much higher

"Te deseo cariño," boy it's you I desire

Edit: shortened for u Evil

Do we all have to write out the entire lyrics when recommending changes? It clutters up the thread and no one's got time to read through all that to find what's different. Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

i think its 

you're pullin' hard, i push away 

(reversed later to 'you're pushin' hard, i pull away) 

and 

no one ever made me feel that much higher (?) 

I hear:

You/you're

flying/falling

hard/hot/high

I push away

And yeah the second part is "that much higher" and not "I'm a child" like some people previously said

I like how defiant this song is compared to tracks from BtD. Whereas in songs like Without You, it was sort of pleae-don't-leave-me-i-will-die-without-you, this song is kind of you-love-me-but-i-don't-love-you-as-much

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I like how defiant this song is compared to tracks from BtD. Whereas in songs like Without You, it was sort of pleae-don't-leave-me-i-will-die-without-you, this song is kind of you-love-me-but-i-don't-love-you-as-much

Lorde is happy now.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

<p>You fall in hard, I push away.</p>

<p>Your love, your love, our love.</p>

<p>I'm feelin' hot and on fire.</p>
<p>I guess that no one ever really made me feel that much higher.</p>
<p>Te deseo, cariño. Boy, it's you I desire.</p>
<p>Your love, your love, our love.</p>

I can see my sweet boy swayin',
he’s crazy, y Cubano como yo, la-la.
On the balcony and I’m sayin',
"move baby,
move baby,
I’m in love."

Poor Barrie, I think so too. He went with her to Paris 2012. If he's cuban . . .

i think hes Native American, i remember someone said he was the guy who lent her the bonnet for the Ride video