Greenwich

West Coast

I apologize if someone already touched on this somewhere in the thread, but can someone clarify these lyrics for me:

Down on the west coast, they got their icons

They're silver starlets, they're Queens of Saigons

And you've got the music, you've got the music in you, don't you

Down on the west coast, they love their movies

They're golden gods and rock and roll groupies

I see what people are saying about the "golden dozen," and that makes sense in the context of the "movies" point in the previous bar. I don't know, I just thought the verse was about Lana explaining exactly what the West Coast possesses in regards to its inhabitants.

The Native American headdress is known as a "warbonnet".

I'm Native American (Technically First Nations cause im from Canada But you get the idea) :hawt:

Non-Natives call it a Bonnet/Warbonnet but Im not gonna give a historical fact on the orgin of a Bonnet though :lel:

Live Forever Golden Grill.

You're all wrong! these are the official ones  :hooker:

tumblr_n40ps0cHDI1sag8mgo1_1280.jpg

Lana's best lyric  :legend:

Queens of cyclones?

I guess I know and how to be and make it feel I'm a child?

Pretty sure that's wrong too!

I'm Native American (Technically First Nations cause im from Canada But you get the idea) :hawt:

Non-Natives call it a Bonnet/Warbonnet but Im not gonna give a historical fact on the orgin of a Bonnet though :lel:

Forgive me for being culturally insensitive!  :(

X----into me, into you----X

I apologize if someone already touched on this somewhere in the thread, but can someone clarify these lyrics for me:

Down on the west coast, they got their icons

They're silver starlets, they're Queens of Saigons

And you've got the music, you've got the music in you, don't you

Down on the west coast, they love their movies

They're golden gods and rock and roll groupies

I see what people are saying about the "golden dozen," and that makes sense in the context of the "movies" point in the previous bar. I don't know, I just thought the verse was about Lana explaining exactly what the West Coast possesses in regards to its inhabitants.

If you change They're to Their...

Down on the west coast, they love their movies,

Their golden dozen, rock and roll groupies

It also makes sense, grammatically (well... as close to grammatically correct as lyrics can get lol)

However, if you change it to:

Down on the west coast, they love their movies,

Their golden gods and rock and roll groupies

it also makes just as much sense. To be honest, I've sang along with the song both ways and when I sing "golden dozen" I hear her sing the hard D of Go"d"s and when I sing it "Golden Gods and" I hear her sing the Z sound of do"z"en. So I'm torn between lyrics atm.

Rafael, I do think you are a genius! Great eye and I think you are right. Still can't find out if he is Cuban or not.

I remember hearing he was Native American, like @@Heaux said, as he was the one who let Lana borrow his Headdress for Ride. BUT! He could be half Native half Cuban, or heck even a quarter. I know tons of people who identify as a quarter German or British over the rest of their heritage. Also, we don't know the Native American thing for fact unless it came from Lana's team. Too many fans spreading misinformation...

Also, that last picture... Parliaments, New York and 7-11. He's definitely a Lana's boy  :smokes2:

Sorry, meant to combine this post with my other one above, but I can't seem to find the delete post option...

Ugh. Either I'm too old or too stoned to understand how to delete a double post... if you read this, please take pity on me and delete this post mods... thx  :kiss2:

According to the new iTunes preview version (which is weird-- the second pre-chorus seems to take the place of the first pre-chorus), the lyrics are:

I'm feeling like there's someone else that brings (?) me higher and higher
Te deseo cariño
Boy, it's you I desire, your love, your love, your love

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

According to the new iTunes preview version (which is weird-- the second pre-chorus seems to take the place of the first pre-chorus), the lyrics are:

Te deseo cariño

Boy, it's you I desire, your love, your love, your love

+ you pull me close I push away on the first prechorus

I'm feeling like there's no one else who brings me higher and higher

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

+ you pull me close I push away on the first prechorus

It looks like they're putting the song together in a different way, because according to the preview it's:

Pre-chorus 2

Chorus

No break, verse-- only the first part of the second verse and then it goes straight to the pre-chorus instead of the "They got their movies" verse...

Maybe there's a bridge...?

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

It looks like they're putting the song together in a different way, because according to the preview it's:

Pre-chorus 2

Chorus

No break, verse-- only the first part of the second verse and then it goes straight to the pre-chorus instead of the "They got their movies" verse...

Maybe there's a bridge...?

I noticed the missing verse too. Do we have the track lenght for this radio mix?

I can't really hear "you pull me close" on the original version released :horror: