Jazzmin

Nicole Dollanganger

On 5/4/2023 at 3:41 PM, Terrence Loves Me said:

do we know when the mima video is coming

Sadly, I don't because Nicole hasn't talked about it on her social media accounts since around the time MIMA (the album) was released. I'm hoping it'll be soon. I know Nicole is performing tomorrow May 13th in Toronto, Canada so it'll most likely be sometime after the performance. It's probably not coming until this Summer.

Do we know what the original Greta Gibson / ELS2 tracklist was?

i know

Chapel

ISWMUOMWN

Snake demo

Lets All Go To The Lobby

Candy Apple

Black Flies demo

Lemonade demo

Observatory Mansions II

were all made for it, but what about Call Your Girlfriend, Your Girl, Willow Tree, Milk Eyes, and Mercy Street etc?

Spoiler

This is what mine looks like

01. Let’s All Go To The Lobby

02. Candy Apple

03. Sprawl II (Mountains)

04. Black Flies

05. Call Your Girlfriend

06. Willow Tree

07. Your Girl

08. Mercy Street

09. Rabid Bits Of Time

10. True Love Will Find You In The End

11. Milk Eyes

and for HSB

01. Beautiful & Bad

02. My Baby

03. Heart Shaped Bed

04. Chapel

05. Lemonade

06. Tammy Faye

07. Snake

08. Only Angels Have Wings

09. ISWMUOMWN

10. Christian Woman (Cover)

11. Observatory Mansions II

12. Have You Seen Me?

On 5/23/2023 at 7:39 PM, love you madly said:

just recently discovered nicole and i’m in love with MIMA ! can’t wait to listen to her other albums :wub:

I’m new to her also. Been listening to her almost two months as of now. I’m so upset because I needed her music the last 11 years, I can’t believe I just now started listening to her even though she’s been making music for a decade. 

The songs “In The Land” and “Danny” actually made me cry. Any artist or song that can do that is special. 

You’ll be entertained for days going through her discography. I was. 

:sluttybunny:🌧️

16 minutes ago, Chocolate Eyes said:

I’m new to her also. Been listening to her almost two months as of now. I’m so upset because I needed her music the last 11 years, I can’t believe I just now started listening to her even though she’s been making music for a decade. 

The songs “In The Land” and “Danny” actually made me cry. Any artist or song that can do that is special. 

You’ll be entertained for days going through her discography. I was. 

couldn’t agree more.

unforunately i haven’t gotten the chance to sit down and listen to another of her albums yet :deadbanana:

i want to full immerse myself in the experience 

i get my boyfriend to pick me up every friday at the dairy queen

On 5/26/2023 at 12:04 PM, dollanganger said:

its the way we have so much unreleased from that era and nothing else... almost every song on that album except 3 of them have demo snippets/demos posted and we have 2 outtakes (idgaf if runnin free final was put on mima ITS STILL A HSB UNRELEASED WIN)

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

On 5/27/2023 at 7:17 AM, Veinsineon said:

i know

Chapel

ISWMUOMWN

Snake demo

Lets All Go To The Lobby

Candy Apple

Black Flies demo

Lemonade demo

Observatory Mansions II

were all made for it, but what about Call Your Girlfriend, Your Girl, Willow Tree, Milk Eyes, and Mercy Street etc?

Reveal hidden contents

This is what mine looks like

01. Let’s All Go To The Lobby

02. Candy Apple

03. Sprawl II (Mountains)

04. Black Flies

05. Call Your Girlfriend

06. Willow Tree

07. Your Girl

08. Mercy Street

09. Rabid Bits Of Time

10. True Love Will Find You In The End

11. Milk Eyes

and for HSB

01. Beautiful & Bad

02. My Baby

03. Heart Shaped Bed

04. Chapel

05. Lemonade

06. Tammy Faye

07. Snake

08. Only Angels Have Wings

09. ISWMUOMWN

10. Christian Woman (Cover)

11. Observatory Mansions II

12. Have You Seen Me?

i don't know what "your girl" is but call your girlfriend, willow tree, milk eyes, sprawl ii, rabid bits of time, mercy street and true love will find you in the end were recorded in 2011-2013 (before even ode to dawn wiener was released) and not intended for any official release outside of tumblr, so i highly doubt she would've put them on greta gibson forever (or that she even had the idea for the album at that time - the only song she made for ode to dawn wiener and didn't actually include on the album was Rampage).

on the earliest upload of the ep she only had 4 tracks posted (lemonade, chapel, candy apple, and saturday night. uncle and lets all go to the lobby were added in 2016 i think) and captioned it "ALBUM NOT DONE YET! ♡ it will be up for free once all the songs are released ♡ check back later, gators" 

https://web.archive.org/web/20150508191431/https://nicoledollanganger.bandcamp.com/album/greta-gibson-forever

and she also specified that those 4 tracks were demos so if she had more demos they probably would have been included in that release

so i think the fact that she only put those 4 tracks (even though she had already made demos of the others you mentioned) means any other songs she recorded for it and didn't upload (if they exist) were entirely new and not just her reusing old covers. she's also never put a cover song on an album (someone on tumblr asked if Christian Woman was going to be on Hillbilly Noir and she said no) so again it's unlikely...

I do know that around the same time (2013) as making the covers you mentioned she released "my funeral boy" and said that it was from an entire album of electronic songs she made then scrapped, so maybe that is what later became greta gibson forever? 

oh also she said that you're so cool, candy apple, lemonade, uncle, and chapel were all written about the same person so if anything those songs may have all been written together and all intended for the same ep

sorry if this was long-winded or confusing ;_; I hope it was helpful at least a little! :crai:

On 5/27/2023 at 7:17 AM, Veinsineon said:

if i’m remembering correctly i think it was lemonade chapel candy apple and saturday night??? i think she added iswmuomwn and let’s all go to the lobby later but those are what i have on my phone from like 2016 LOL

edit : oops someone answered this already LOL

giphy.gif