Sign in to follow this  
Queen_DelRey

What Do You Wear to an LDR Show?

Like if you wear a flower crown or american flag shirts I'm going to find you and physically hurt you ugh

Just show up normally and be comfortable and presentable without overdoing it

This isn't some artRave shit, the only people who will judge you is... well, the people around you who are probably wearing flower crowns and american flag shirts but jokes on them!!!!!

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

I think I have my outfit figured out.. I'm going to wear acid wash overall shorts with a black bodysuit underneath and black jellie sandals and maybe a floral *headband* (that is nowhere near a crown). If it's cold I might bring a cardigan or something because who even knows what the temperature is going to be over here on the east coast anymore :whatever:

Don't wear the same thing as everyone else. Just wear your own style. Don't wear anything too stuffy or too skimpy. I saw girls at the SF show wearing crop tops and bra-lookiing shirts and it was super cold before and after the show. Definitely wear comfortable shoes, especially if you are standing on the floor and then you have to stand for some time waiting to get in. I didn't wear anything crazy. I looked like I just came from work wearing a collared blouse, gray cardigan, black leggings, and flats. I thought a lot about what I was going to wear beforehand but I was like ~whatever in the end.

if what you're wearing is in the following checklist...

[ ] flower crown
[ ] american flag pattern
[ ] tropical pattern
[ ] cross necklace
[ ] buttoned up shirt
[ ] golden accessories

take it off (i'm kidding, ish. unless you're a 14 year old white girl)

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

[ ] flower crown[ ] american flag pattern[ ] tropical pattern[ ] cross necklace[ ] buttoned up shirt[ ] golden accessories

Or gay. Ha ha! Saw all of those on the list on more gays than girls.

[ ] flower crown

[ ] american flag pattern

[ ] tropical pattern

[ ] cross necklace

[ ] buttoned up shirt

[ ] golden accessories

By the way, heels, complicated dresses, and a pound of make-up won't fly in the pit and you are in the front of it. Worry less about your wardrobe and focus on hydrating yourself, eating something, and keeping your wits about you while you wait in the sun. They must have taken out about 20 or so girls from the pit who fainted tonight in New Orleans.

If you plan on being in the front row of the pit, wear comfortable shoes because you will be standing all day and you will get stepped on 100 times. I have aeen too many girls in heels in the pit - what are people thinking? Don't wear a pound of make-up - it gets really hot in the pit. Wear comfortable clothes - if you are lucky enough to be in the front row, you will get shoved into the gate and into other people constantly. The front row is where Lana goes down several tims during the show to greet, hug, kiss, and talk to fans and to autograph items. That's the reason you will be pushed so much.

If you don't care about being the front, wear whatever you want.

By the way, everyone ia talking about how over flower crowns are (and maybe they are) but I have been to two shows already and the girls in the front row who had crowns, gave them to Lana and she put them on and wore them. Just an idea!

Went to the New Orleans show last night. A million flower crowns (zzz...zzz...zzz).

And one thing you shouldn't expect is a lot of music. It took them over an hour to set the stage up after the warm-up DJ left, Lana sang for an hour, and it was done. No encore either. She left out a bunch of songs.

Went to the New Orleans show last night. A million flower crowns (zzz...zzz...zzz).

And one thing you shouldn't expect is a lot of music. It took them over an hour to set the stage up after the warm-up DJ left, Lana sang for an hour, and it was done. No encore either. She left out a bunch of songs.

Did she sing anything different? Without You? Radio? Did she sing Million Dollar Man fucking AGAIN?

She sang the same amount of songs as the other shows on this tour. Tickets were barely $50 - not sure what people expected.

Well what did you expect boo, she has always had short sets.

Like at the Hackney weekend, her show was half as long as other performers for example.

Another thing is that she is only has one proper album. Yes, there is all the Lizzy Grant stuff. Yes, there is all the unreleased stuff. But she won't do either of those. There are 15 songs total on the first album BTD, 9 songs on Paradise. Those are her proper releases. We got 13 songs including the new single and Young & Beautiful from a soundtrack. There was a good mix of BTD and Paradise. I am not one of those fans that defends every single thing an artist does but this is her first real U.S. tour with only an album and a half released with ticket prices as low as less than $50 - I think an hour and 15 minutes was sufficient. Did I want more? I could listen to her sing all day long if I could!!!! Plus, she came down from the stage to greet fans 2 [or was it 3] separate times and did it for a long time. She was generous and kind to everyone on top of putting on a fucking great show. I saw her in NYC in June 2012 and it was about the same length of show but she was so nervous. I think she has built a lot of confidence up and created more of a persona on stage. I just think fans should be more appreciative of an artist on their very first real US tour - especially when tickets were so cheap to see her.

post-2170-0-96988600-1398609825_thumb.jpg

The thing is, the Paradise tour was similarly priced, and yet with that tour, it felt more like a tour, with an actual set and a longer setlist. With this tour, it's literally just Lana on a stage with no props, smaller band, and shorter setlist, for the same price as the "Paradise Tour". 

The setlist was exactly the same except for the cover of "Knocking on Heven's Door" and interchanging a couple of songs. She did 13 songs on both tours. There was a set. There were trees, candelabras that were lit, a wicker chair, drapery, flowers, etc. - it set the tone. Did people expect a two hour show with 12 backup dancers, strob lights, and fire?? I don't think we were at the same show.

Did she sing anything different? Without You? Radio? Did she sing Million Dollar Man fucking AGAIN?

Why should she do different songs? This is her first real U.S. tour. This is the first time some American fans get to hear these songs live except for a few shows here and there in 2012.

Runrocketboy - which show did you see? The one in New Orleans or a different one?