Sign in to follow this  
Queen_DelRey

What Do You Wear to an LDR Show?

Im going in chicago and its standing room only show…what time should i get there? i NEED front row ..someone help !

I went to the Dallas show at 8:45am and was 20th in line. Got me front row. I went to the New orleans show at 9am and was 1st in line and got front row.

@@buster hmm okay..were you able to meet/get a pic/autograph after national anthem ?

I reached my hand out, she grabbed it, I thanked her for her music and told her it heals me. I showed her my tattoo of one of her lyrics and she said "You are too sweet to me." I hugged her and kissed her on the cheek, we came out from the hug and then she kissed my cheek and she signed my poster. Tried to attach photos but the photos are too large. I will shrink them and post them.

@@buster seeing pictures and videos and even just listening to her music all the time brings me to tears..im going to be a mess ! and I've heard so much about the pit it makes me nervous considering I'm like 5 foot  :facepalm:  but I'm going to do whatever it takes to get to the front 

@@buster seeing pictures and videos and even just listening to her music all the time brings me to tears..im going to be a mess ! and I've heard so much about the pit it makes me nervous considering I'm like 5 foot  :facepalm:  but I'm going to do whatever it takes to get to the front

Especially because of your height, get there EARLY! Being in the second row or further is not worth it because you won't see over the people in front of you. I am 6'3" and I felt bad for the people behind me but I got to the front the right way by getting there early. I apologized to the people behind me but I was not moving for anyone!!!

Be familiar with the venue, do your research, and be prepared.

I reached my hand out, she grabbed it, I thanked her for her music and told her it heals me. I showed her my tattoo of one of her lyrics and she said "You are too sweet to me." I hugged her and kissed her on the cheek, we came out from the hug and then she kissed my cheek and she signed my poster. Tried to attach photos but the photos are too large. I will shrink them and post them.

So happy for you! Still wanna see pics!

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Guest Dot

The setlist was exactly the same except for the cover of "Knocking on Heven's Door" and interchanging a couple of songs. She did 13 songs on both tours. There was a set. There were trees, candelabras that were lit, a wicker chair, drapery, flowers, etc. - it set the tone. Did people expect a two hour show with 12 backup dancers, strob lights, and fire?? I don't think we were at the same show.

Actually, no.

When the tour started the setlist had around 18 songs. She had amazing nice props like statues, a chandelier, candelabras, everything. I feel like one month after the stour started she lost all the passion for it and kept shortening her set more and more, which is a shame, because she could easily do more than just 13 songs. Everything just seems so half-assed.

Now, it's shorter than it ever was! Blue Velvet, American, Heart-Shaped-Box, Without You/KOHD, ocassionally Dark Paradise and also Burning Desire, were all part of the setlist and I think AMERICAN fans would love to hear those songs, especially "AMERICAN", for the obvious reason.

Actually, no.

When the tour started the setlist had around 18 songs. She had amazing nice props like statues, a chandelier, candelabras, everything. I feel like one month after the stour started she lost all the passion for it and kept shortening her set more and more, which is a shame, because she could easily do more than just 13 songs. Everything just seems so half-assed.

Now, it's shorter than it ever was! Blue Velvet, American, Heart-Shaped-Box, Without You/KOHD, ocassionally Dark Paradise and also Burning Desire, were all part of the setlist and I think AMERICAN fans would love to hear those songs, especially "AMERICAN", for the obvious reason.

Yeah that's true... Also I don't get why she doesn't perform Bel Air and OUAD....

I AM MY ONLY GOD

how much did you guys pay for your tickets? Cause the cheapest tickets I could find are around $300 and i feel bad cause the tickets were like $90 originally and my mom is paying 

Actually, no.

I don't think so. The tour was from April to November and she did 13 songs at each show...give or take. Burning Desire, Million Dollar Man, and Blue Velvet were only played on certain dates and replaced a song on the original set list. I never read where she added songs making it greater than 13 or 14 songs. I didn't go to any of those shows but I followed that tour and I didn't read any fan reports of an 18 song set list. As far as the stage, yes, it changed. Honestly, the new stage is fine for me. It's only a background as the reason we are there is Lana - not the stage. But I get your point. I don't think any of it is half-assed. Even though it is just an hour, she gives it her all. She made her way off the stage 3 times at both shows I went to. She is the kindest artist to her fans and greeted, kissed, and hugged almost everyone in the front row. I respect your opinion - for me, it was the complete opposite though.

By the way, which show did you go to?

how much did you guys pay for your tickets? Cause the cheapest tickets I could find are around $300 and i feel bad cause the tickets were like $90 originally and my mom is paying 

If you got tickets from presale or regular sale, they should not have been more than $50 to $60. If you went through StubHub or some other agency, they were charging hundreds of dollars for tickets. I hate StubHub for that reason. That is why the shows sold out so fast - StubHub and other brokers bought out all the tickets to resell them for a much higher price. That is not Lana's doing - she has nothing to do with that. These companies make a killing of those tickets. I paid $50 (that's with the fees) for each ticket.

Guest Dot

I don't think so. The tour was from April to November and she did 13 songs at each show...give or take. Burning Desire, Million Dollar Man, and Blue Velvet were only played on certain dates and replaced a song on the original set list. I never read where she added songs making it greater than 13 or 14 songs. I didn't go to any of those shows but I followed that tour and I didn't read any fan reports of an 18 song set list. As far as the stage, yes, it changed. Honestly, the new stage is fine for me. It's only a background as the reason we are there is Lana - not the stage. But I get your point. I don't think any of it is half-assed. Even though it is just an hour, she gives it her all. She made her way off the stage 3 times at both shows I went to. She is the kindest artist to her fans and greeted, kissed, and hugged almost everyone in the front row. I respect your opinion - for me, it was the complete opposite though.

By the way, which show did you go to?

This tour is still part of the "Paradise Tour". It's just the American leg of the tour. She did a max. of 18 songs during the European leg. The setlist from the first show in Amnèville was:

tumblr_mkpc3yjgFp1rvhzzjo1_500.png

There's also a full recording of her show in Düsseldorf which had a set consisting of 17 performances. You can find it somewhere on YouTube.

With each leg the set became shorter and shorter, but the price stayed the same. I don't think that's fair tbh.

This tour is still part of the "Paradise Tour". It's just the American leg of the tour. She did a max. of 18 songs during the European leg. The setlist from the first show in Amnèville was:

tumblr_mkpc3yjgFp1rvhzzjo1_500.png

There's also a full recording of her show in Düsseldorf which had a set consisting of 17 performances. You can find it somewhere on YouTube.

With each leg the set became shorter and shorter, but the price stayed the same. I don't think that's fair tbh.

Cool. That is good to know. There are really only 16 songs since Ride Intro wouldn't count but I get where you are coming from. This is my third time going to one of her shows. I have been going to concerts since 1984 (yes, I am old - Ha ha!). A $40 ticket is CHEAP for an hour long show. I understand your point but in all fairness, she only has one proper album. If you count the Paradise EP, it's a total of 23 songs. For her first US tour, I think it is pretty spectacular. Once Ultraviolence is released and she tours that, I might expect a longer show. Thanks for sharing the setlist. I appreciate that! :)

Guest Dot

Cool. That is good to know. There are really only 16 songs since Ride Intro wouldn't count but I get where you are coming from. This is my third time going to one of her shows. I have been going to concerts since 1984 (yes, I am old - Ha ha!). A $40 ticket is CHEAP for an hour long show. I understand your point but in all fairness, she only has one proper album. If you count the Paradise EP, it's a total of 23 songs. For her first US tour, I think it is pretty spectacular. Once Ultraviolence is released and she tours that, I might expect a longer show. Thanks for sharing the setlist. I appreciate that! :)

Young and Beautiful was added later on and Dark Paradise was played on some dates. That makes it 18 songs for the first leg.

She has 27 officially released songs, so far. By the time the Paradise EP was out it was 24. This also isn't her first tour, if you count the Born to Die Tour. But her first WORLD tour. The reason I'm oupset is that she has way too many amazing song to just ignore even 1 of them and the average set length of most artists is 21, considering she has 2 albums, because let's be real the Paradise EP can pratically be counted as one album.