Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Member of the Month (April): Rafael

I'm proud to debut the new and exciting MOTM format (just new questions/new day lol) with one of my favs, Rafael! You wanna talk to me about overdue? Lay back and feast as this interview guides you through new and exciting Ben Mawson jokes

Member of the Month (April): Rafael

1. What did you do today?

I just woke up after having a Veronica Mars marathon at home yesterday. I ended up watching the last episodes of season 3, the season 4 bonus continuation and the movie! I planned on listening to the 8 hour audiobook today as well :creep:

2. Take a picture of yourself answering these questions right now.

Here's me casually having a sophisticated late night philosophy session trying to come up with things rhyming with "orange":

gMadwyC.jpg

3. What's something not many people know about you or that we would be surprised to learn about?

I love spending time on my own. Whether it's going to a concert, going to the cinema or just going out for the day shopping.

I am my soulmate~ 

SH: Your soulmate but my wife

4. What's your current career? What's your dream job?

I'm in my second year of college studying a media engineered program. I'd love to work with something creative like graphic design. I've always had an interest in Photoshop and it's a tool I more or less use every day. I also have a major interest in video games. Someday I'd love to create my very own!

SH: "it's a tool I more or less use every day" as emphasized by frequent comic sans

5. What are your hobbies or passions?

Sleeping, eating, Lana Del Rey, sleuthing, Tumblr, YouTube and video games.

SH: ~rare leaked original bridge of National Anthem~

6. What is your favorite memory?

Driving in cars~ during summer. It has such a liberating feeling to it, you know?

7. Lana's junior and high school years have been rather chaotic from what we know. How were/are yours?

I was such an orderly student. Always cared about my grades--let's not talk about my college grades :slayty:

8. If you could bring two people back from the dead, have an exquisite dinner, and some great conversation with them...who would they be and what would you eat?

Definitely Brittany Murphy. She was such a beautiful young actress and I adore her to this day. Perhaps Amy Winehouse as well. The true definition of ~iconic~ tbh.

9. Do you believe in any form of life after death?

It really bothers me not knowing what happens the very second you die, but I try not to think about it too often. Honestly I just imagine everything turning pitch black and that's what you 'see' for all eternity *kills mood entirely* lel no.

10. Who is the person you admire most and why?

My dad. He always knows the answers to everything and if he doesn't he'll spend hours, days trying to figure them out. I admire his stubbornness and motivation like that~

SH: What is this word? d a d? Do you mean @@evilentity??

11. Do you have a LanaBoards BFF?

DUKE is my BFF! At the moment we've exchanged about 90.000 messages on fb. When will (u and) ur fav? :hooker: He's my Thelma to Louise, Barrie to Kassidy, life sentence to K, vodka to scorvi, beach boys to monicker, taylor swift to lola to ataraxia to xnoirx etc.

SH: Barrie left Kassidy :awkney: Do you make each other sad youtube vids or

12. Make up a word that you would use daily and describe what it means.

I really wanna start using fresh2death more often whilst in conversation with someone...

"hey raf! how u doin'?"

"fresh2death mate."

"i got roses.mp3"

"dude thats fresh2death. send plz"

"yo raf. my dog just died"

"fresh2death"

"wait wha-"

13. Drag me (SitarHero)

*cuts from commercial and turns to camera* and we're back ladies and gentlemen!!! it's time for a ***drum roll*** makeover! on today's show we have a lil lipster named sitar~

omg what the hell is he wearing on his head? that basic-ldr-wannabe-floral-crown looks like tinkerbells braces. jesus. is he trying to imitate the rolling stones logo??? is he beyond rescue?

DH0S2Wl.jpg

lets ask our panel! today we have a special guest: lana del rey! lena what do u think?

SBLeWgT.jpg

fret not children! we pimped him up with some OG silver weave and a ~gothically elegant~ lipstick from nearest thrift shop. those glasses are so 1949. next! i heard rectangles are in this season. lets replace them shall we? 

aaand voila!

rupaul who???

6HGUVJb.gif

SH: :rip: *scalped* me rn

bald-barbie.jpg

14. If your balls were a celebrity couple, who would they be?

Trailer-park-Lizzie and K. They would spend the entire day on Coney Island eating cotton candy and wading in the water~ while Ben stands in a distance observing it all with that condescending look on his face

Oc8HpFv.jpg

SH: For context, he is giving this look to your reproductive organs :lel:

15. When did you become a fan of Lana? What was it about her that attracted you to her?

A friend of mine linked me "Born to Die" in a Skype conversation at the beginning of January 2012 and the rest is history.

SH: BUT DID YOU BUY IT #justiceforBTD'sEuropeansales :read:

16. Which Lana album is your favorite: Paradise, Born to Die, Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant, Sirens, or From the End/Quiet Now??

Definitely Lana Del Ray. I can't skip a single song on that album and that's such a rare thing for me to do. Although I don't mind me some nature ambience to them.

17. Favorite Lana song? Why?

Varies, but at the moment it's "Daytona Meth". It's so... fresh2death :creep:

18. Least favorite Lana song? Why?

"Lift Your Eyes". Full of flaws.

SH:...I know that you're scared to death :die:

19. If given the opportunity to meet Lana for an hour, what would you do/say?

I'd probably interrogate her about her previous relationships. I'll die a happy man the day "Roses" leaks and I know the truth exposed about K.

20. Would you rather love and be loved or know all God knows?

Know all God knows obviously. That way I'd know who'd love me and who's worth loving back. Boom! Mind blown :troll:

21. Has Lana affected your everyday life in any way?

Ever since this actually happened I try not, but it's difficult because this semester I'm reading a programming course that regularly uses this command: for k = 1:n. And you bet all I see is for k.

SH: inb4 Lana was a programmer *video games takes new relevance*

22. Of all the unreleased videos and songs we have knowledge of, what do you thirst for most?

"Off to the Races (Demo)". The void of it not being in my 'Demos' album is making me more and more depressing every day. I wouldn't regularly thirst so much for a track, but it's so frustrating considering we have all other 'Born to Die' demos. Someone please untie Shawn Lee's hands?  :creep:

23. What is the best part of being a Lana fan? The worst?

The sickening amount of leaks! 

Getting hung-up every time you see the word "ray". The other day in class our lecturer talked about X-rays and he had it written on the board. I couldn't sit still the entire time because all I wanted to do was write "X-reys" :icant:

24. Who are your favorite artists?

Lana Del Rey & Washed Out among many many others

SH: We all know you mean KaraokeHero just out with it

25. What is your favorite movie? Book? Song?

My favorite movie is probably "Uptown Girls". I've seen that movie way too many times and I know almost every line in it. One of my favorite books is "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown. It's such an intriguing book! My favorite song at the moment is "My Silver Lining" by First Aid Kit.

26. What was the last book you read?

I read "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho last summer and it exceeded my expectations. A must for everyone!

27. Recommend us a song that we just have to listen to!

"A Dancing Shell" by Wild Nothing. The music video will make you feel like you jumped into a painting in the 80s and its hella trippy!

28. If you ever became a musician, what would you make your stage name?

"Nothing". That way if someone ever asks you what you're listening to, you'll always be telling them the truth and lie at the same time :hooker:

29. What comes after “Lana Del Rey” in your music library?

London Grammar.

30. Put your iPod/music library on shuffle and tell us which 10 songs are played. Don't skip, don't cheat!

Deptford Goth - Life After Defo

Lana Del Rey - Put Your Lips Together

DIIV - Follow

Duffy - Don't Forsake Me

Arcade Fire - We Exist

Barrie James O'Neill - Lies

Kassidy - Get By

Gwen Stefani - Bubble Pop Electric

Coldplay - Lost+

Beck - Morning

31. Do you hate anyone? If so, why?

I wouldn't say I necessarily hate someone, but I do however dislike many people to a certain degree that's borderline hating them. Wait that didn't make any sense. No, this question doesn't make any sense. I hate you Sitar.

SH: i3a2jCGFc4BDf.gif

32. What are the small things in life that make you as happy as a clam?

Random compliments :flutter:

SH: This isn't the worst interview I've conducted :whatever: that would be @

33. What is a characteristic / trait you see in others that you wish you had?

Boobs.

SH: The truth behind Raf's musing revealed...

JPmyTm3.png

34. What are your pet peeves or deal-breakers when it comes to friends/relationships?

• Lana fans on Twitter
  • Lana fans on Instagram
  • Lana fans on Facebook
  • Lana fans on YouTube

Basically any Lana fan apart from y'all.

SH: What about a Lana fan in the sheets? :brows:

35. What would you say is your favorite physical trait + personality trait in potential partner?

A good sense of humor and an exceptional taste in music.

36. do u like pies

yes~

37. what is ur favourite kind of pie

rhubarb pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side

38. do u enjoy flying kites, if so, what would ur ideal kite look like, describe it

i'd have a pimp ass kite called "telephone wire" and every time i held it up in the air next to someone i'd go "oh my god, i feel it in the air. telephone wire's above all sizzlin' like you stare"

SH: Raf those lyrics...

BONUS: Is there anything you'd like to tell the community of LanaBoards?

A couple of weeks back ago I had this restless night where I was bored2death. I decided to make a literal music video for the song "Every Man Get's His Wish" and it turned out hilarious. Later on as I became MotM I decided to include a handful of people on LB whom I've gotten to know in one way or another at the ending...

Sitar cameo included :hooker:

[VIDEO]

I don't like excluding people from the video, but it was 5 AM and I was lazy so... dont h8. i love you all guys! stay fresh2death~

SH: OMG! My boyfriend says I'm like an old movie star~ Every man really does get his wish (mine being matrimony with a genie)

:lel: x 10000

omg what a gr8 interview raf i'm cryin. that video was iconic but the r.i.p's at the end were 2 real :icant:

ur the bestest

also what theee f sitar my interview gave u chills tbh.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Guest Dot

Oh. My. God. THAT VIDEO!!!

:eartha: :eartha: :eartha:

Cool interview. I guess I was kinda lost with the new format at some point but I enjoyed it! Great answers @@Rafael :mariah:

By the way... :fabcat: Cola's revamped version on ULTRAVIOLENCE is coming to snatch ur weaves. giphy.gif

Cool interview. I guess I was kinda lost with the new format at some point but I enjoyed it!

It's exactly the same as it's ever been formatted :facepalm:

Guest Dot

It's exactly the same as it's ever been formatted :facepalm:

I was talking about the whole "drag me" part with the spoilers. I thought that part was a little confusing and hard to follow.

I was talking about the whole "drag me" part with the spoilers. I thought that part was a little confusing and hard to follow.

It's a linear succession of clicks angel...Maybe that's a reflection on you :slayty:

By the way... :fabcat: Cola's revamped version on ULTRAVIOLENCE is coming to snatch ur weaves. giphy.gif

i think ill go bald be4 ultraviolence gets released.ht_bald_barbie_jp_120112_wblog.jpg

no weave to even snatch :slowhairflip: sry 'bout it :slayty: :whatever:

dead at ur comments btw @@SitarHero griselda gri gri. u never fail to amuse me. is that why ur my wifey??? or is it just cuz u want them glasses? :hooker:

EQFO7rX.png

Guest Dot

It's a linear succession of clicks angel...Maybe that's a reflection on you :slayty:

how-very-dare-you-o.gif

dead at ur comments btw @@SitarHero griselda gri gri. u never fail to amuse me. is that why ur my wifey??? or is it just cuz u want them glasses? :hooker:

They sold out otherwise I'd be wearing them better than u :cat:

this semester I'm reading a programming course that regularly uses this command: for k = 1:n. And you bet all I see is for k

There's also a system call on Unix/Linux machines called fork.

SH: What about a Lana fan in the sheets? :brows:

No, no, it's a wildling in the sheets.

:wipe: @ the rips.. academy awards 'in memoriam' realness!

They were angels forever, forever angels :rip:

Great interview and video. The golden grill was literally the best part.  :mariah:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

The golden grill ahahaha, Rafael you're so cute this was an entertaining interview good job and none for Sitar

Also ~tumblr famous~ more like not anymore since I stopped making Lady Gags shit  :facepalm:

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

love the interview and love the video because i kept wanting to see what clever image you were going to pair next!! couldn't stop watching after the golden grill lmao (which, by the way, i'm going to hunt down the day i can afford one) 

:rip:

ZRBNill.jpg