TIARNZUS

Looking for new moderators

We're looking for new moderators. All you have to do is write a brief paragraph on why you would like to be a moderator, and how you could improve our community.

We're looking for 2 new moderators.

Please post your reasons under this thread

tumblr_mxx8avPa6n1s4it03o1_500.gif

Guest Cola

I'm a nice person etc, and I'm on alot of forums so I know how things shall be handled. :oprah:

I think I should be a mod because I have what it takes to be one. Last time I didn't made it and I was so sad so I'm doing it again, and that shows that when I want something I'll do anything to get it. I'm also a very nice person that loves to make other people happy. I'm also very honest and trustworthy (Your Girl Lana can prove that). ~Love GagaOopsy ;'))

lvhvW.png

I would like to be a moderator because I was a long time member of ldr.fm, and I'm not the type to antagonize drama or anything. I'm a pretty open-minded person so I'd be open to opinions and changes members may want to make to the forum. I'm a positive person and I love being on the forum and interacting with everyone here. :) I'm very active as well, which is important for a moderator to be. Thank you for reading and taking my application into consideration!

14417469274.gif

Guest Maru the Cat

Brief Paragraph(s):

I've been a fan of Lana for a very long time, and as a result, I've also been a part of the Lana community for a very, very long time. From the first couple pages in the epic thread on SIN, to the now defunct lanadelrey.fm, to lanaboards.com, I've always sought out the best places for Lana discussion, which is why I'm here now. This is the place to be.

I love being a part of community. I love the discussion and the debates and the camaraderie and the inside-jokes and the friendships that grow and getting to know really, really amazing people. :3 I've been so, so blessed to have met some of the most incredible people and to feel as though I have a second home as a result of being on these Lana forums. #TeamLana has treated me really kindly, so it's important to me that others have that same experience too -- being a moderator isn't only about implementing ideas and managing threads and subsections -- it's about helping to create a welcoming, fun, safe environment in which people want to come and talk and joke and get info and make friends. I think (if i may toot my own horn here), that I am very welcoming, warm, kind, fair, fun and I have a sense of humor (although let's be real -- I'm not very funny) (._. ), and I think others would agree. I want to give back what #TeamLana has offered me, and I'd love to do that in particular by implementing more community activities. :3

Additional Info:

Traits Pertaining to the Forum:

• I'm always on this forum -- although I'm hidden, can't let everyone know the extent of my obsession shifty.gif. I would come off anonymous so that people would know they could message me with whatever concerns they have.
  • I have an extensive Lana discography + insane amount of knowledge -- helping others through PMs to acquire songs, knowing dates of songs, recalling certain information said interviews, etc
  • Comfortable with compromise, discussion, listening to suggestions, being a part of a team of moderators + admin, great communication/written skills, can be "professional"
  • Opinionated, not afraid to call someone out on poor behaviour
  • Get along with everybody; warm, optimistic/positive, self-motivated

Side-Note:

In light of yesterday's events regarding management and the implementation of the new rules, I think forum needs moderators that are critically-minded, intelligent, and feel comfortable maintaining contact with Lana's management. The majority of Lanaboard members felt as though the forum didn't fight enough and just gave in to the demands -- if I were on board, I would offer a critical eye/opinion to the situation, whether I were dealing directly with them, or another admin/moderator were. Yes, sometimes concessions and compromise are inevitable, I don't think anyone is denying that -- but the forum members here have a right to know that all other options were exhausted and that this was discussed/questioned before such drastic changes were made.

(I also acknowledge that I don't know the entire situation, but I'm giving my thoughts on the matter as an "outsider"/regular member.)

People I'd Recommend as Moderators:

I will edit this as more people apply... but I've gotten to know a fair bit about the people here and am more than happy to throw my support behind:

• Hundred Dollar Bill :3 (he is very sexy and welcoming and fun and positive and active and I love him) <3
  • Madrigal :3 (he is very sexy and welcoming and fun and informative and knows everything about Lana + producers + dates)

I would like to be a moderator because I was a long time member of ldr.fm, and I'm not the type to antagonize drama or anything. I'm a pretty open-minded person so I'd be open to opinions and changes members may want to make to the forum. I'm a positive person and I love being on the forum and interacting with everyone here. :) I'm very active as well, which is important for a moderator to be. Thank you for reading and taking my application into consideration!

were you Hundred Dollar Bill on ldrfm? If you are, you totally should be a mod :oprah:

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

Additional Info:

Traits Pertaining to the Forum:

• I'm always on this forum -- although I'm hidden, can't let everyone know the extent of my obsession shifty.gif. I would come off anonymous so that people would know they could message me with whatever concerns they have.
  • I have an extensive Lana discography + insane amount of knowledge -- helping others through PMs to acquire songs, knowing dates of songs, recalling certain information said interviews, etc
  • Comfortable with compromise, discussion, listening to suggestions, being a part of a team of moderators + admin, great communication/written skills, can be "professional"
  • Opinionated, not afraid to call someone out on poor behaviour
  • Get along with everybody; warm, optimistic/positive, self-motivated

Side-Note:

In light of yesterday's events regarding management and the implementation of the new rules, I think forum needs moderators that are critically-minded, intelligent, and feel comfortable maintaining contact with Lana's management. The majority of Lanaboard members felt as though the forum didn't fight enough and just gave in to the demands -- if I were on board, I would offer a critical eye/opinion to the situation, whether I were dealing directly with them, or another admin/moderator were. Yes, sometimes concessions and compromise are inevitable, I don't think anyone is denying that -- but the forum members here have a right to know that all other options were exhausted and that this was discussed/questioned before such drastic changes were made.

(I also acknowledge that I don't know the entire situation, but I'm giving my thoughts on the matter as an "outsider"/regular member.)

I second this! :)

were you Hundred Dollar Bill on ldrfm? If you are, you totally should be a mod :oprah:

Yes I was! Thank you. :)

14417469274.gif

Well, I'd love to do it myself. I think I have lots of knowledge which could benefit the forum, as well as the right amount of maturity and free time.

I love and adore order, PROPER and TRUE information, and Lana--the perfect mix for me to be able to jurisdict the forums justly and well.

Maru and HDB would both be excellent moderators. I can vouch for their strong characters, and I am honored to be their friends.

A mod have to be an active poster, have a strong knowledge in Lanalogy and have an easy contact with people.

Due to what happened lately, we need mods that have enough distance and judgment to appreciate certain situation, being able to communicate with the other members of this forum. Humour and kindness, being critical and witty is a plus, it would be highly appreciated.

That's why I'm voting Maru and Hundred Dollar Bill for this job, they would do great! I'm not applying, I don't have enough quality for that, I would eat her management alive. :D

up45I.gif

Guest Maru the Cat

I'm not applying

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I think you'd be a great mod though. There's still time!!!

I think you'd be a great mod though. There's still time!!!

I don't even know what I'll be doing if I'm mod. I'm applying for mod assistant. I'll assist and drown you under PM about everything in here that are :whoopi: in here like how I need that uber make-uped Lana icon back!!

up45I.gif

Guest Maru the Cat

I don't even know what I'll be doing if I'm mod. I'm applying for mod assistant. I'll assist and drown you under PM about everything in here that are :whoopi: in here like how I need that uber make-uped Lana icon back!!

Yes, we need :whore: back! Neal/Dale Cooper made that one, I think. Or was it Soap...? Or was it someone else? *bad memory*

I want to be a moderator mostly because I want to get involved .I want to help other users and also help this forum prosper. I am responsible ,can state my opininons strongly but with respect and I am quite knowledgeable . I also don't take part in the ubiquitous internet drama and can play a fair game .Will try to improve this community by looking for new members , giving creative imput and keeping everything organised .

U7rR3.png

Maru and Hundred Dollar Bill are great choices in my opinion. I've only been on these forums for a short time but both have struck me as really nice and mature people, who would be great for the job! :)

EDIT: Just saw SitarHero's post, he'd be a great choice also!

Too many great options.

I want to be a moderator because I'm on here almost every day and I really love Lana. I've been a forum moderator in the past and have thus dealt with the responsibilities. LDR.FM was a real haven for me and I'd like to help in advancing this forum towards becoming the same thing. I know most of the people on the forum and trust that I'll be helpful enough. I started adding more to this paragraph but realized it was the same thing Maru had under her "Additional Info" spoiler. She should definitely be chosen.

:blush: I don't know what to say. Everyone else had great entries.