Sign in to follow this  
DavidScott

Lana Pre-Show Music

I went to the Lana show last night in New Orleans at Champion's Square, and I was mesmerized by the music playing over the P.A. while the stage was being set up. It was like some dark, ambient electronic jazz. I tried to record some of it with my phone, but it didn't come out enough to use as a reference. 

Do any of you LDR scholars have information on what songs they use during setup? Do you know how I could find this out? I have never heard anything like it and would like to discover these amazing artists. 

No, it wasn't any of those. One song had a saxophone line looped over and over, with a very dark bass and some killer drums under it. Another was like avant-garde jazz guitar music with some eerie keyboard chords accompanying it...all instrumental music with no vocals. Some of it had a trip-hop feel, but it was mostly a very dark kind of electronic jazz.

When I went, I heard like brass instruments and it sounded quite mysterious, I've discussed it with someone else who went to another show and they heard the exact same thing I heard, really fast brass instruments

Lana.pngAngel-Headed Hipster

Well, I'm hoping that someone that goes to see her on the current tour might be able to make out some of the music they're using. I don't recall any fast brass instruments in these songs...it was all very slow and strange.