Sitar

New 'Ultraviolence' Song Title: "Money, Power, and Glory"

Another part of the interview says "The hip-hop beats of Born to Die, its strings and legendary violins are gone...Guitars, rock-and-roll and soft jazzy vibes - Ultraviolence is here." Are we sure of the context of that bit about "Money, Power, and Glory?" The first sentence could have been addressing the shift from hip-hop beats to a rock sound.

We don't know for sure if it's hip-hop or not.  It's not like there's no rock/jazz songs about money -.-

Hip hop beats from BTD return on the album with songs like Money Power and Glory.

Hip hop beats are only on one song, Money Power and Glory.

Hip hop beats are not on the album at all, the song Money Power and Glory is an example of this.

So basically, people translating this article are as useful as Lana releasing a date for Ultraviolence.

172.jpg

Hip hop beats from BTD return on the album with songs like Money Power and Glory.

Hip hop beats are only on one song, Money Power and Glory.

Hip hop beats are not on the album at all, the song Money Power and Glory is an example of this.

So basically, people translating this article are as useful as Lana releasing a date for Ultraviolence.

172.jpg

... My god. This is my explanation. 

In the article (french) : "... Ultraviolence est logiquement plus électrique, live et brut que le registre dans lequel la jeune femme s'était illustrée auparavant. L'ensemble est aussi moins rythmé par les beats hip-hop que les radios et les chaînes musicales américaines aiment tant. Il y en a encore sur Money, Power and Glory tandis que West Coast, le premier extrait, illustre bien le virage"

>>>  Ultraviolence is logically [because of Dan] more electric, live and naked (raw ?) than the previous register (...) There are less hip-hop beats, even if that's exactly what's american radio's and channel's like. Money, Power and Glory still have some. But West Coast is a very good example of what we have to expect from the new album. 

She sounded so certain that the American radio stations would love the beats so Mike will made it must've been apart of it ! (Producer of 23 - Miley Cyrus , wiz Khalifa..) so I'm excited ! He posted a photo on his Instagram with lana like Feb 2012 saying 'stay tuned #We'reWorking" I'm excited! It's a good mixture

She sounded so certain that the American radio stations would love the beats so Mike will made it must've been apart of it ! (Producer of 23 - Miley Cyrus , wiz Khalifa..) so I'm excited ! He posted a photo on his Instagram with lana like Feb 2012 saying 'stay tuned #We'reWorking" I'm excited! It's a good mixture

Not here for her going that deep into hip-hop.  :suicide:

Fuck Dan Auerbach and Rick Nowels for usurping Emile and the legendary auto-tuned loon. Tbh I really was hoping for dark strings and sinister trip-hop beats throughout the whole album. I mean, WC is sex in song form, but idk I just wouldn't want the whole album to be that kind of incomprehensible soft rock. But whatever, I'm sure it's going to slay just because it's new Lana material  :)

there is a light & it never goes out

What Lana went through with US media/critics was harsh but for certain gave her a perspective of one thing: She doesn't need US to survive and better than that she doesn't need AMerica to have a big international career.  I'm not saying US is not important for her because obviously is ,what I'm saying is purely business X art side.

Yet at this point Lana knows her sound has a space, a big one. Big enough to sell 5 million albums and fill arenas from UK to Germany from Chile to Brazil. That probably gave her some freedom artistically in the sense she doesn't need to play by US radio rules to achieve success. Actually BTD, Paradise and Lana are successful besides US not because of it. In that sense I guess Lana doesn't care much about "what's hot right now" since she will sell a lot with "what isn't hot right now in US" . Money is money and Interscope doesn't care if the money comes in pounds, euros or real's as long as 100 bills keep coming. 

I think UV is the continuation of BTD-Paradise with a twist, still vey Lana in the end. Maybe some rockish and Hip Hopish songs but in the end will be tons of other influences

That said Lana is one smart cookie and West Coast is so waiting-for-a-hot-remix-to-be-a-club-banger as a song can be. As much as she says she didn't like SS remix we all know is not true because that gave her tons of exposure and radio play, that gave her radio play in US.  I expect her to get radio play in US with her remixes and not with her actual versions.And thats just marvelous because she wins in both sides: business and artistically

glgcDdT.gif

Fuck Dan Auerbach and Rick Nowels for usurping Emile and the legendary auto-tuned loon. Tbh I really was hoping for dark strings and sinister trip-hop beats throughout the whole album. I mean, WC is sex in song form, but idk I just wouldn't want the whole album to be that kind of incomprehensible soft rock. But whatever, I'm sure it's going to slay just because it's new Lana material :)

Nnnn

I feel the same.

A lot of fans love BTD because of the hip hop elements.

That album has a wide demo of people enjoying it.

From gays to straight

From Hip hop to pop fans

From young to old.

From underground music lovers to mainstream ones.

I feel Like UV will be a commercial flop but more critically acclaimed idk.

Lana seems to be more concerned about critics and how they perceive her than success at this point.

That trip-hop sound will not just work for her anymore. Honestly I felt she was the first artist that mixed this two worlds perfectly but since BtD a lot of artist were inspired ( not really directly  and in a very different way for each one of them) and now we have Lorde, MO, Jessie Ware, The Neighbourhood and so on ( even Katy Perry with Dark Horse") . It's not really new on pop music right anymore.

The best thing she can do right now is to look for a new direction.

Artists like Lana evolve their sound but maintain their essence, it's clear with what she came up with West Coast, even when it's something "new" from what we would had expected from her, it still manages to keep those ~old vibes  :makeup:

2wn4whw.png