Sitar

New 'Ultraviolence' Song Title: "Money, Power, and Glory"

Sooo who is not disliking Ultraviolence?

She could be yelling racial slurs the whole record and I'd still be into it

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

Guest Dot

Beware the Ultrabitches are coming to attack anyone who's doubting the quality of the album based on it's first single, because UV is OBVIOUSLY going to be a mix of BTD and AKA, because you know she is never progressing, but rather regressing.

I think Lana knew that this album would cause a lot of all this from the start, thus naming her new album Ultraviolence, meaning that this album will cause ultra violence in discussions and such.

But on the topic, I want Lana to at least release a snippet of Money, Power and Glory! I'm too eager!

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

Guest Dot

Please, stfu about some things you don't understand. You may not like the style of it, which is fair, but WC is not horribly produced.

As much as I like you, some of your posts just outshine everything with desperate ignorance like "I don't like it = bad" :icant2:

Stop taking this so personal. I'm allowed to express my feelings about WC on here. I'm judging UV on actual evidence rather than rumors and vague descriptions. The album version of WC in my opinion is far from what it could've been if it was mixed well. The radio mix however, is an improvement in terms of mastering of the vocals and also provided more cohesiveness for the song, I THINK. Yet, people say it's shit and terrible, bla bla bla. And apperantly that's okay, but I can't share my opinions on a tracks and album's production on a discussion board? That's kinda unfair, don't you think? My opinion is clearly unpopular, but I'm not the kind of fan who's gonna like everything the artist I stan for shits out and I'm not afraid to say that I like or don't like it. Love me or hate for it, but that's who I am. This is not only directed at you of course and please don't take this as an offense or anything, because that's clearly not my intention.

Anyway I'm pretty sure there's gonna be some tracks I like. There always will be. I'm just not sure if the album is gonna top Paradise or BTD for me, judging by what we've HEARD so far (West Coast). But we'll see...

Stop taking this so personal. I'm allowed to express my feelings about WC on here. I'm judging UV on actual evidence rather than rumors and vague descriptions. The album version of WC in my opinion is far from what it could've been if it was mixed well. The radio mix however, is an improvement in terms of mastering of the vocals and also provided more cohesiveness for the song, I THINK. Yet, people say it's shit and terrible, bla bla bla. And apperantly that's okay, but I can't share my opinions on a tracks and album's production on a discussion board? That's kinda unfair, don't you think? My opinion is clearly unpopular, but I'm not the kind of fan who's gonna like everything the artist I stan for shits out and I'm not afraid to say that I like or don't like it. Love me or hate for it, but that's who I am. This is not only directed at you of course and please don't take this as an offense or anything, because that's clearly not my intention.

Anyway I'm pretty sure there's gonna be some tracks I like. There always will be. I'm just not sure if the album is gonna top Paradise or BTD for me, judging by what we've HEARD so far (West Coast). But we'll see...

You are such a drama queen, honestly. When you want to express your opinion, I can also express that I strongly disagree with you. 

And no, you are not right when you say that the production sucks. The production is actually pretty awesome. it just obviously isn't something you enjoy, which I said earlier is fair eniugh, but saying nothing about the actual work Dan Auerbach put into this. The radio mix is nice for the radio, but it is a quite generic take on it to make it suitable for the radio, which I don't mind since I can listen to generic music and I want her to get exposure. Funny how you posted above that you want her to progress and not regress and while this song is for sure more progressive than anything on BTD or Paradise, you don't like it. It rather seems that you want more of the same-same.

If you have mentioned the songwriting and that the topics have stayed the same, that would have been understandable. 

I don't care if the production is poor, I just need that album! 

Ooh, it would be nice if it'slike Million Dollar Man! Lana's voice in that song is just :omg:

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

Guest Dot

You are such a drama queen, honestly.

<- I prefer the word stubborn. I think we both are pretty stubborn, to be quite honest.

When you want to express your opinion, I can also express that I strongly disagree with you.

<- Good. Let's have a discussion :hooker:

And no, you are not right when you say that the production sucks. The production is actually pretty awesome.

<- that is your opinion, there is no right or wrong.

...it just obviously isn't something you enjoy, which I said earlier is fair eniugh

<- YES

...but saying nothing about the actual work Dan Auerbach put into this. The radio mix is nice for the radio, but it is a quite generic take on it to make it suitable for the radio

<- again, your opinion. how do you know that they didn't put as much effort in it? She recorded a whole new vocal take for it and to be quite honest it's much clearer and polished than the original one, which was a "one take" as confirmed by Lana herself. I think it sounds like a demo, unfinished and too raw. Some people like that, but I prefer clear and polished vocals

...which I don't mind since I can listen to generic music and I want her to get exposure. Funny how you posted above that you want her to progress and not regress

<- never said that in particular. I was just saying, that people shouldn't expect her to go back to the same exact sound as AKA or BTD. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't like that. I much prefer everything else she released to West Coast.

...and while this song is for sure more progressive than anything on BTD or Paradise

<- How can it be more progressive than BTD and Paradise? BTD was a progression from AKA, Paradise was a progression from BTD, sonically. Right now you're suggestion that anything on BTD wasn't as much of a progression to her older stuff than WC is, compared to her previous stuff, which isn't true, lol. However I never doubted it was a progression, in fact I said the opposite....

...you don't like it.

<- Yeah because I don't like the way it was executed. I mean look at how many versions with different vocal mastering we got. They're clearly not that satisfied with the result.

It rather seems that you want more of the same-same.

<- Not really. I just want polished vocals and cohesiveness throughout the track. I like the musical direction, just not the way it was executed. If she could do a version that uses the same tempo and vocal take as the radio mix, West Coast could be my favourite tracks of hers.

If you have mentioned the songwriting and that the topics have stayed the same, that would have been understandable.

<- So I guess my point is only understandable if I criticize her song writing? :facepalm:

<- I prefer the word stubborn. I think we both are pretty stubborn, to be quite honest.

When you want to express your opinion, I can also express that I strongly disagree with you.

<- Good. Let's have a discussion :hooker:

And no, you are not right when you say that the production sucks. The production is actually pretty awesome.

<- that is your opinion, there is no right or wrong.

...it just obviously isn't something you enjoy, which I said earlier is fair eniugh

<- YES

...but saying nothing about the actual work Dan Auerbach put into this. The radio mix is nice for the radio, but it is a quite generic take on it to make it suitable for the radio

<- again, your opinion. how do you know that they didn't put as much effort in it? She recorded a whole new vocal take for it and to be quite honest it's much clearer and polished than the original one, which was a "one take" as confirmed by Lana herself. I think it sounds like a demo, unfinished and too raw. Some people like that, but I prefer clear and polished vocals

...which I don't mind since I can listen to generic music and I want her to get exposure. Funny how you posted above that you want her to progress and not regress

<- never said that in particular. I was just saying, that people shouldn't expect her to go back to the same exact sound as AKA or BTD. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't like that. I much prefer everything else she released to West Coast.

...and while this song is for sure more progressive than anything on BTD or Paradise

<- How can it be more progressive than BTD and Paradise? BTD was a progression from AKA, Paradise was a progression from BTD, sonically. Right now you're suggestion that anything on BTD wasn't as much of a progression to her older stuff than WC is, compared to her previous stuff, which isn't true, lol. However I never doubted it was a progression, in fact I said the opposite....

...you don't like it.

<- Yeah because I don't like the way it was executed. I mean look at how many versions with different vocal mastering we got. They're clearly not that satisfied with the result.

<- Not really. I just want polished vocals and cohesiveness throughout the track. I like the musical direction, just not the way it was executed. If she could do a version that uses the same tempo and vocal take as the radio mix, West Coast could be my favourite tracks of hers.

<- So I guess my point is only understandable if I criticize her song writing? :facepalm:

Srsly, you just prove to be a pretty huge pain in the ass. 

Stop having your f-ing arguments in the threads. NO ONE CARES! Heard of PM's?

Sorry guys but I can't anymore. In every single thread.

This forum is in serious need of some moderators. 

:hooker:

expect her to go back to the same exact sound as AKA or BTD. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't like that. I much prefer everything else she released to West Coast.

...you don't like it.

polished vocals and cohesiveness throughout the track. I like the musical direction, just not the way it was executed. If she could do a version that uses the same tempo and vocal take as the radio mix, West Coast could be my favourite tracks of hers.

:facepalm:

QG27nfL.gif

I'm about to create an infraction rule for hissy fits

I'm about to create an infraction rule for hissy fits

Add these infractions too tbh:

• Low content quality posts (except in sub-forums where posts don't count... for those elimination games)
  • When someone goes off topic for at least a page (see UV thread)
  • Attention seeking (except in the Pictures Of You thread)
  • Using a more than necessary amount of gifs that aren't emoticons (see WC thread again lel)
  • Talking about Mariah Carey
  • Not respecting other people's opinions politely
  • Dickwaving (bragging with unleaked songs, elitism, making fun of new members)

This forum is a mess because there aren't enough people telling each other to STOP. Also @@iconicldr needs to resurrect his ass over here and make some goddamn subforums.