Sitar

New 'Ultraviolence' Song Title: "Money, Power, and Glory"

OMFG you are so amazing!! :usrs:

OMFG you are so funny and intelligent   :usrs:

I bet you have a small dick as a side dish to the main course that's your brain! :hooker:

You little fuck, it's time someone put your sorry ass in the kitchen

Your blá blá blá argument contradicts itself. So she doesn't scream because her mother, an opera singer trained her, yet she sings most of the times with technique and when she screams it's not her fault because she has problems in her vocal cords?? In the end, resuming she screams with technique trained by an opera singer and has vocal cords problems. :teehee:

Fuck she calls her fans Lambs for a reason. Sheep is also available you guy's should recon that as well

I've never heard anyone say Mariah Carey screams when singing. Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, Christina Aguilera, Katy Perry, they do. But Mariah?

1. Mariah's mother teached singing technique to her.

2. Mariah doesn't need to scream the high notes because she knows correct technique.

3. Mariah has vocal nodules which help her to reach whistle note effortlessly, this is why she does it all the time.

4. Vocal nodules get worse with age.

5. Mariah is 51 so her vocal cords don't work the same as when she was 19!

6. Since her vocal cords are damaged now whistle and high notes may sound rough to some people.

7. People confuse this high notes with screaming because they're ignorant. Like you.

Conclusion

Sit on a cactus dildo.

Guest Dot

Why are people talking about Mariah Carey in this thread? When did she become relevant again? I thought she retired and is running a hospital now.

Hispitel.png

Why are people talking about Mariah Carey in this thread? When did she become relevant again? I thought she retired and is running a hospital now.

Hispitel.png

Mariah Carey is a lip-syncing flop now.

But she used to be one of the best vocalists in the industry. Perfect control of her voice, down, middle and high range at her prime. There's no current artist that can beat what she did before. I dare you to name me one.

But she used to be one of the best vocalists in the industry. Perfect control of her voice, down, middle and high range at her prime. There's no current artist that can beat what she did before. I dare you to name me one.

ADELE

U4LGqkb.gif

glgcDdT.gif

ADELE

U4LGqkb.gif

Adele has a beautiful voice and she sings with so much feeling. But does she really have as much control of her voice as Mariah had at her prime?. Can Adele sing this?

starts at 0:50

Cmon you can do better than that ;D

Guest Dot

I always thought Whitney was better than her tbh.

Can we please ban the Mariah Carey stan already? 

The owner of LanaBoards is a Mariah Carey stan as well... :toofunny:

not all of us want to see this constant arguing over trivial matters, please can you just move it to a PM or something. I, for one, am sick of seeing updates in threads simply being people bitching about one thing or another. EDIT: this is directed at the stuff about Mariah Carey and other things on other threads

anyway...

from the title of this song, it kinda seems that Lana is fulfilling my earlier expectations of UV being a mix of BtD, Paradise and her older stuff. MP&G sounds like National Anthem, West Coast sounds like the child of AKA and Paradise, whilst Cruel World sorta reminds me of Black Beauty & TOSTB for some reason...if this is true, UV is gonna be SO GOOD!

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Thankfully Adele can't sing somtehing like that and I hope she never does. Let that Gospel thing remain an American thing only and the nasal screaming as well. Keep the Mariah's and send us Adele with tons of emotion. It's all good for everyone. Also hope she never writes a song so poorly writing ...half is emotions lol

Lana doesn't have Mariah's range and will never have. Lana also doesn't have Mariah's technique and never will. But Lana has better songs, more EMOTION and is visually superior to Mariah. In a age were image and sound are so combined is hard to separate one from the other Lana is better.

Lana is an artist of our time and she is a great one. That doesn't take away Mariah's talent or success, she will forever be Mariah. But to me Lana is a better artist even if Mariah is a better vocalist. To me Lanas voice also sounds a lot better to my ears than Mariah's

For my ears Adele is also superior to Mariah in every category: song writer, control, technique, and Adele is able to make you feel something other than just perform.

So no, neither Adele or Lana can sing that Gospel/pop mess but both are superior to Mariah, at least for me. To each their own. 

glgcDdT.gif

I always thought Whitney was better than her tbh.

The owner of LanaBoards is a Mariah Carey stan as well... :toofunny:

Maybe... Whitney didn't have the control Mariah had in the highest notes, but her voice was much more powerful indeed. But I asked for a current artist. 

And I'm not a Mariah Carey stan, I'm not even buying her new album because I know It will be full of dumb crap, I'm just familiar with her early work and I can appreciate her talent. I just find it weird people say she screams when she was one of the best vocalists in the world in the 90's. Who do this people think is a good singer? 

Thankfully Adele can't sing somtehing like that and I hope she never does. Ok. Let that Gospel thing remain an American thing only and the nasal screaming as well. Adele describes her music as "dark blues-y gospel disco tune." Keep the Mariah's and send us Adele with tons of emotion. It's all good for everyone. Also hope she never writes a song so poorly writing ...half is emotions lol Emotions is not the only song she has ever written and have you even heard "Rumour has it" or "Summertime Sadness"?

Lana doesn't have Mariah's range and will never have. You don't know that. Lana also doesn't have Mariah's technique and never will. You don't know that either. But Lana has better songs, theres no such thing as "better" or "worst songs" more EMOTION and is visually superior to Mariah are we even discussing visuals?. In a age were image and sound are so combined is hard to separate one from the other Lana is better. We are discussing vocal control. Stay on topic?

Lana is an artist of our time and she is a great one. Did I say she wasn't? That doesn't take away Mariah's talent or success, she will forever be Mariah. But to me Lana is a better artist even if Mariah is a better vocalist. To me Lanas voice also sounds a lot better to my ears than Mariah's. Good I repect your opinion.

For my ears Adele is also superior to Mariah in every category: song writer, control, technique, and Adele is able to make you feel something other than just perform.  I can give examples of songs were Mariah pours all her heart and soul like Adele does but you will ignore it. Music isn't supossed to be deep and meaningful all the time, music is about the fun too, why don't you critizice Cola instead if you think you're so smart? 

So no, neither Adele or Lana can sing that Gospel/pop mess but both are superior to Mariah, at least for me. To each their own. 

Do you even remember why we started arguing? You say Mariah screams. A lot of vocal coaches/singers would disagree with you. In your opinion Adele may be a better vocalist, song-writter whatever... but the vocal control Mariah has is very rare to find. I respect Adele as an artist/singer too but don't be so ignorant to say Mariah screams when you obviously know nothing about singing.

PD: Sorry if this annoys anyone. I will stop now.

wow. really?

what the hell? really?   :horror:

Yes. He/She had been told repeatedly and despite this, continued to post in that manner. I gave the member a VERBAL WARNING. That's all. Christ guys. 

:uh: :icant2: :bye:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

Guest Dot

How did this board get messy as hell over night?

Zombie apocalypse, only without the zombies but Mariah Carey fans instead. :creep: