lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence Tracklist Discussion

Love the title fucked my way to the top.. It reminds me of an interview where she was asked the strangest place she ever wrote a song and she said the office of a record executive, when she was making out with him. Sad girl sounds so tumblr-y lol like those sadgurl1847 urls but I'm trying to reserve judgement..maybe she took inspiration from the doors' "unhappy girl"

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Am I the only one who thought that there was a song called "Ultraviolence" on "Ultraviolence"?

I did not expect Ultraviolence to be a song on the record so yes lol

Love the title fucked my way to the top.. It reminds me of an interview where she was asked the strangest place she ever wrote a song and she said the office of a record executive, when she was making out with him. Sad girl sounds so tumblr-y lol like those sadgurl1847 urls but I'm trying to reserve judgement..maybe she took inspiration from the doors' "unhappy girl"

omg sadgurl1847

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

The tracklist looks great, I'm very intrigued by the song titles, "Fucked My Way" sounds like it's going to be Ultraviolence's Cola. Really excited for the songs, I'm glad we got the lengths of the tracks, too-- some of them are quite long, and Cruel World sounds like it's going to be a long epic introduction to Ultraviolence. Someone should update the first post with the song lengths:

Cruel World (6:38)

Ultraviolence (4:09)

Shades of Cool (5:40)

Brooklyn Baby (5:49)

West Coast (4:15)

Sad Girl (5:17)

Pretty When You Cry (3:52)

Money Power Glory (4:28)

Fucked My Way Up To The Top (3:30)

Old Money (4:29)

The Other Woman (2:58)

-

Black Beauty (5:13)

Guns and Roses (4:29)

Florida Kilos (4:14)

Some of the songs are surprisingly long, like Cruel World, Shades of Cool and Brooklyn Baby while we have a song just under 3 minutes. I'm glad she put Black Beauty on the album, and I won't even be mad if it sounds the same as the demo we have. It's still such a beautiful and stunning song, I'm a little sad Angels Forever didn't make the cut, but I understand why she didn't put it in. What if Guns and Roses was actually Roses? and Florida Kilos actually Kill Kill like someone said earlier?

Anyway, I'm excited we finally have something to talk about! Also who confirmed the June 13th release date? It's Friday the 13th, how -almost- tacky, it's cute.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Vinyl configuration:

Vinyl 1 Side A:

Cruel World, Ultraviolence, Shades of Cool

Vinyl 1 Side B:

Brooklyn Baby, West Coast, Sad Girl

Vinyl 2 Side A:

Pretty When I Cry, Money Power Glory, Fucked My Way Up To The Top, Old Money

Vinyl 2 Side B:

The Other Woman, Black Beauty, Guns & Roses, Florida Kilos

And yeah, I'd bet cake that The Other Woman is a cover. Track length almost identical.

RrNUUXA.png

think they collaborated on this track?

I don't know how to feel about Lana collaborating with the guy that produced Sia's Chandelier, Katy's Double Rainbow/Spiritual, P!nk's Try/Blow Me.........

Then again she did say it would be a radio favorite, but hip hop beats? Greg Kurstin?!  :defeated:

What kind of witchcraft is this  :toofunny:

and I remember that The Other Woman by Nina Simone was on her Mulberry mixtape, I just listened to the song again earlier. It will be amazing

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I don't know how to feel about Lana collaborating with the guy that produced Sia's Chandelier, Katy's Double Rainbow/Spiritual, P!nk's Try/Blow Me.........

Then again she did say it would be a radio favorite, but hip hop beats? Greg Kurstin?!  :defeated:

What kind of witchcraft is this  :toofunny:

He has also worked with Santigold, Foster the People, Marina and the Diamonds and produced "Standing on the Sun" for Beyonce. I have faith that the song will mesh with the rest of UV.

Lana has the potential to be ultraclever with some of the titles of the songs (FMWUTTT)...I hope that she is. Sad Girl sounds like it's the verge of being a song like Without You (if you leave me I will be a sad girl) or Carmen (she is a sad girl). I hope for the latter.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

He has also worked with Santigold, Foster the People, Marina and the Diamonds and produced "Standing on the Sun" for Beyonce. I have faith that the song will mesh with the rest of UV.

Lana usually pays close attention to detail and judging Auerbach's interview, I have high hopes she directed the sound of the track without any interference from Kurstin...