lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence Tracklist Discussion

Its about having new music on the album rather than a song that people have been able to listen to on Youtube for 6+ months.

Overall I can't really complain though. I said a few weeks back I'd be okay with BB being on the album as long as it was solely as a bonus track, and we otherwise got new music and that's what appears to be the case. I do find it quite ridiculous that some are speculating (hoping) that many more of the songs are rehashes of other songs like Kill Kill and others.

But BB was never meant to be heard until officially released. The first word we ever got about BB was that it was for her next album. It's not like she's remastering an old track from 2010, It's  a new song that we weren't supposed to get (like 90% of the songs we have)

16.gif?w=584

Paramore put out an 18 track album not that long ago (with no bonus tracks) so its not that absurd a notion. ^_^ Always felt it unfortunate that the industry standard is 10-12 songs an album.

Paramore skirts pop rules sometimes, they have some leeway.

I'm kind of under the impression that Lana went to her usual producers then kind of recklessly took everything to Dan in Nashville and just ran with it.  Whether or not that's true, it just seems weird to me that she had recording sessions and apparently scraped nearly all of them.  Usually a pop artist might ditch one producer or something but to just go all in on one is pretty rare...I can't think of anyone unless they already had a very close relationship.

u6pq4c9.gif

Paramore put out an 18 track album not that long ago (with no bonus tracks) so its not that absurd a notion. ^_^ Always felt it unfortunate that the industry standard is 10-12 songs an album.

in Brazil is common to have 14-20 songs. Ivete Sangalo new album  has 23 tracks , Anitta's (pop) has 32 tracks. Concerts here (of brazilian artists) usually last more too, around 2 hours.

glgcDdT.gif

Usually a pop artist might ditch one producer or something but to just go all in on one is pretty rare...I can't think of anyone unless they already had a very close relationship.

maybe producers also fuck their way to the top   :creep:

ZRBNill.jpg

But BB was never meant to be heard until officially released. The first word we ever got about BB was that it was for her next album. It's not like she's remastering an old track from 2010, It's  a new song that we weren't supposed to get (like 90% of the songs we have)

That doesn't change the fact that the song was released online 6+ months ago so at best we'll be hearing just a redone version on the album (and the version that was released online was studio quality, not a demo). I get the intention was for it to be there and that it was leaked, not released officially. Still, I'd rather take having a brand new 14th song on the album instead of a higher quality or redone version of BB. In the overall scheme of things its not that big a deal, its 1 song out of 14 and is a bonus track not on the regular album (which is probably the case due to the leak). Just find it ridiculous how many here wanted many more already leaked songs on the album or are hoping that songs like Ultraviolence are just redone versions of songs already released/leaked in the past.

The new era is really upon us, am I the only one who is sad for saying goodbye to "Born To Die" ? Her last album is so iconic though, because of "Born To Die" that I became a fan of her, now it's time to say goodbye  :aw:

maybe producers also fuck their way to the top   :creep:

Haha do you think?  I don't know if DA has it in him, but I thought maybe too!  I've ran into him a few times out at night but never got that impression but who knows...That was back when he still was married too.

Does anyone remember that Black Beauty snippet on Soundcloud with the spanish guitar?  It had Lana's vocals and it was a different take, but I never really followed up on it to see if it was real or not.  I like BB the way it is but I wouldn't mind if that version were the one released...

u6pq4c9.gif

The new era is really upon us, am I the only one who is sad for saying goodbye to "Born To Die" ? Her last album is so iconic though, because of "Born To Die" that I became a fan of her, now it's time to say goodbye  :aw:

I've been so over BTD for months now i'm ready for UV  :smokes2:

You would have gone crazy in the 80,s albums were 9 songs long then. 

Throughout the years albums have been released less frequently though.  So that made up for 9 song albums, you'd get a new album nearly every year.  I guess the 80s were the tail end of that because there were larger gaps.  I don't know how people dealt with it back then.  It's kind of weird, it's easier than ever to make professional recordings but now it takes so much longer.

u6pq4c9.gif

That doesn't change the fact that the song was released online 6+ months ago so at best we'll be hearing just a redone version on the album (and the version that was released online was studio quality, not a demo). I get the intention was for it to be there and that it was leaked, not released officially. Still, I'd rather take having a brand new 14th song on the album instead of a higher quality or redone version of BB. In the overall scheme of things its not that big a deal, its 1 song out of 14 and is a bonus track not on the regular album (which is probably the case due to the leak). Just find it ridiculous how many here wanted many more already leaked songs on the album or are hoping that songs like Ultraviolence are just redone versions of songs already released/leaked in the past.

Um, have you NOT heard it? It was definitely a demo, the musical components were barely even used on it and her voice couldn't been a little more touched up.

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

Why are some of you so greedy and selfish?

If you want 14 new songs , go listen to another artist that makes 14 new songs. Not hard.

BB is not even old. It was meant for the new album. Like :facepalm: